• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyruga

Luckily for us, Walcott played more games for us this season and scored lots of goals and brought us close to top 4!

sammyvine

He doesn't do enough imo.

His production is okay but if he wants to be that kind of player he needs to be like Dele Alli and make more clever runs etc...

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I believe Theo is a very limited player but he excels at what he does best, at least for half of a season.

That's the problem when you don't have much in anything else. You either have to push yourself and become a freak of nature like CR7 or you'll be roasted on open fire when a slight of change lies in your way.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
So you are unable to dribble past your fullback or offer any support in attack because you can barely cross and like to eat up the CF space looking for a tap in, okay. That's part of the game, let's pretend you can be an Arsenal level footballer for a decade without any of that.

But at least offer something defensively ffs, the 3 good games he had this season showed a Theo covering for Bellerin when he overlapped, running that extra bit to isolate the attacks starting from our right. Once he won his coffee maker that Theo dissappeared
I think he also disappeared after missing out on England selection after he'd put in a lot of effort after missing out for the Euros. I used to get the feeling that paying for England meant more to him, and playing for Arsenal was a vehicle for that. He won't be getting into the England team any time son if ever again the way he's playing now. Defoe can and he's nearly ten years older!

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Man, Walcott is such a weird case. Been at the club for more than a decade, scored around 100 goals and approaching 400 games, yet he's disliked by the majority of the fanbase. Don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. He's closing in on the top 10 for most appearances and goals for Arsenal, yet people seem to genuinely hate him.

Such a shame, I was a big fan of him. So exciting with his pace, but the rest of his game never really developed. Great finisher on his day but he'll get rapidly worse as his pace disappears.

In many ways he's the posterboy for Wenger's/Arsenal's barren years. Been at the club for more than a decade but he's never really done anything memorable. His career highlights are two wonder-goals against Chelsea and Newcastle.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
'but the rest of his game never really developed.'

That's the trouble, he his in an enigma, but his stats may be borne out of the fact that he has played more than most because he has been at the club so long. others will know the stats on that, maybe I'm wrong, yes even me!!!! The trouble is, it seems like he's been a passenger for most of that time, and as you say, he hasn't really developed. I put him in the potential category in my head because I'm still waiting.

Last edited:

CJJ

Established Member
Man, Walcott is such a weird case. Been at the club for more than a decade, scored around 100 goals and approaching 400 games, yet he's disliked by the majority of the fanbase. Don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. He's closing in on the top 10 for most appearances and goals for Arsenal, yet people seem to genuinely hate him.

Such a shame, I was a big fan of him. So exciting with his pace, but the rest of his game never really developed. Great finisher on his day but he'll get rapidly worse as his pace disappears.

In many ways he's the posterboy for Wenger's/Arsenal's barren years. Been at the club for more than a decade but he's never really done anything memorable. His career highlights are two wonder-goals against Chelsea and Newcastle.
I know its not a goal but this highlight always comes to my mind as well :)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I guess speaking the truth is now offensive to the snowflakes on AM
I admire the honesty too, but it also shows that he's a terrible captain because what he said should not have happened!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If we had put the time and effort we'd put into Walcott into any winger with good fundamentals then we would probably have a top class winger by now.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I admire the honesty too, but it also shows that he's a terrible captain because what he said should not have happened!
I would like to think that we would match Palace for 'wanting it more' before the match, and that if we didn't we upped our game to make sure we wanted it more after KO. When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Last edited:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz

Definitely agree with that. Who's idea was it to make him captain? He doesn't influence our matches regularly without service and he's never been vocal on the pitch. It's confusing as to why he was given the arm band now. Was it because he just scored 100 goals and Wenger wanted to show him a gesture for it?

This is supposedly the toughest league in the world yet posters here are offended by him being honest about the team being outplayed and lacking desire? That's soft to me. We've seen what he said for months now. I'm glad he spoke out about it. Wenger probably gave him the gag order after this.

mm76

Yer Da
Who's idea was it to make him captain?

do you really have to ask...

wenger-jpg.1736

Attachments

• wenger.jpg
    wenger.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom