• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott (Out)

Reyes(9)

I was reading my daily bbc "Gossip Cloumn" and i saw this :shock: :shock: ..

Celtic have made an approach to take Arsenal teenager Theo Walcott on loan next season. (Daily Express)

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/4911362.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 911362.stm</a>

Are they joking or What!! IMO i think Arsène will laugh at this "approach" ..

What are your thoughts mates?

phonics

Re: Theo to Celtic next season ???

Reyes(9) said:

Celtic have made an approach to take Arsenal teenager Theo Walcott on loan next season. (Daily Express)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 911362.stm

yes another one :) I do that every morning. First to arseblog then the gossip column :)

koivu

I wonder if he would get more time then Aliadiere?

Pretty much no chance of this happening if you ask me.

Amadeor

I don't get all this moaning and crap about Walcott's chances. The boy is 16/17 FFS. Do you really expect a *BOY* (Rooney was a man at 16) to play in the Premiership? He'd get battered.

For holy ****'s sake, have some patience. The boy WILL make it at Arsenal, and Wenger will bring him through when he feels the time is there (as he did with Petit, Anelka, Henry, PV, Thuram, Weah, etc etc). I adhere to his judgement rather than yours, to be honest.

Football Ninja

Amadeor said:

I don't get all this moaning and crap about Walcott's chances. The boy is 16/17 FFS. Do you really expect a *BOY* (Rooney was a man at 16) to play in the Premiership? He'd get battered.

For holy f**k's sake, have some patience. The boy WILL make it at Arsenal, and Wenger will bring him through when he feels the time is there (as he did with Petit, Anelka, Henry, PV, Thuram, Weah, etc etc). I adhere to his judgement rather than yours, to be honest.

kinda agree with you BUT he survived the championship where teams all play like Bolton (bar reading and a few others). Even Rooney wasnt playing every game at 16. After reading Wenger's recent comments on the boy I know he is staying and I know he will be a star. Celtic hahahaha well Gordon Strachan knows Theo well so thats why they are trying to get him. He aint going to scottish football.... I think its a cover and they really want Thierry Henry

Amadeor

kinda agree with you BUT he survived the championship where teams all play like Bolton (bar reading and a few others).

Indeed, the Championship is arguably harder than the Prem, but he only played only 12 games or so, and imo that's already too much.

Look at Michael Owen, what happens if you enter a physical league when you're not physically grown up.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
TBH I don't understand why Arsène would loan Theo to Celtic. The boy is just 17 and should spend more time learning with the 1st team. Youngsters ,espscially the English ones, want to play 1st team games at the age of 19, 18, or even 17. This is really unhealthy for their development. Before Arsène brought in Inamoto who was a Japanese international and could easily find more first team opportunities else where. But Inamoto decided to stay and learn more from the likes of Vieira.

On Celtic they don't have the responsibility in developing Theo as they would invest nothing except pay his wage if the loan happens. I'd say Celtic want Theo no more than selfish reason and would NEVER care about Theo.

Amadeor

TBH I don't understand why Arsène would loan Theo to Celtic. The boy is just 17 and should spend more time learning with the 1st team. Youngsters ,espscially the English ones, want to play 1st team games at the age of 19, 18, or even 17. This is really unhealthy for their development. Before Arsène brought in Inamoto who was a Japanese international and could easily find more first team opportunities else where. But Inamoto decided to stay and learn more from the likes of Vieira.

On Celtic they don't have the responsibility in developing Theo as they would invest nothing except pay his wage if the loan happens. I'd say Celtic want Theo no more than selfish reason and would NEVER care about Theo.

Good post. Agree for the most part.

Captain

Established Member
We would have let him stay at Southampton for the rest of the season (as they wanted) if wenger wanted Theo to get more experience.

Nonsense.

Ricky_AFC

He will develop better with us than them so no gain for theo there. We've seen how much care Celtic took of Aliadiere to let them near another one of youngsters.

Reyes(9)

Re: Theo to Celtic next season ???

phonics said:
Reyes(9) said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 911362.stm

yes another one :) I do that every morning. First to arseblog then the gossip column :)

Yeah me too :) ..I enjoy reading his articles .. :D ..

regele

Established Member
Captain said:
We would have let him stay at Southampton for the rest of the season (as they wanted) if wenger wanted Theo to get more experience.

Nonsense.
Exactly, the reason they didn't loan him back was that Arsène wanted to supevise his development personally and to be honest, if I were to pick between Southampton and Celtic to loan him, I'd pick the saints at any time.

AFCFan4Ever

There's more of a chance of me signing for Arsenal next year than Theo being loaned out to Celtic or anywhere else. What a load of garbage.

Mostarac

Established Member
If Walcott is going to be loaned out, then he should definetively not be loaned to a Scottish club. Considering how young Walcott is, the physical Scottish League would kill him if he went there. But, I think that he should not be loaned out at all, he should stay at Arsenal and learn from Wenger and our experienced players.

Top Bottom