• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott (Out)

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I think you took me up wrong, I meant that we'd struggle to get half that fee by selling the other players you listed - Podolski, Bendtner, Park and Coquelin.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
CurryFlavoured said:
I think you took me up wrong, I meant that we'd struggle to get half that fee by selling the other players you listed - Podolski, Bendtner, Park and Coquelin.
Yeah, and 75% of that fee would be just for Podolski, possibly more.

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
Could potentially get over £40m for Walcott, as crazy as that sounds. PSG, Monaco, Chelsea, City. There would be plenty of big clubs after him. Could Wenger find an adequate replacement that can give similar level of performance and similar amount of goals for less? possibly.

I wouldn't sell Theo.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Agreed, it would be stupid to sell him, you're guaranteed 20 goals a season from a RW in Theo, he shows up in big games (Chelsea especially) and has a very good partnership with Giroud.

Would only sell him if it meant we'd get Reus, there's not many better than Theo for the RW spot in our team.

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
THunter said:
Agreed, it would be stupid to sell him, you're guaranteed 20 goals a season from a RW in Theo, he shows up in big games (Chelsea especially) and has a very good partnership with Giroud.

Would only sell him if it meant we'd get Reus, there's not many better than Theo for the RW spot in our team.

Not many good RW in the whole of Europe.

There seems to be an abundance of Central players/second strikers. The right wing is really struggling for top talents.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
CurryFlavoured said:

Oh I see, yeah fair enough. Probably 10m for Podolski, 3-4m for Coquellin. 15 ish million and 200k a week saved in wages would put us nicely towards Reus though.

That said Teo isn't being sold and Reus isn't joining!

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
One 20 goal season and now it's a guarantee that he'll score that much every season? Come on now.

I can't wait for Theo to come back because I think he'll slot into that wide forward role with our current players arounds him, but even for all his goals ( which aren't guaranteed ;) ) he is a seriously flawed player. Someone like Reus could probably hit similar numbers while being an improvement on Theo in nearly every other department, the lad is a top class winger.

truth_hurts

CurryFlavoured said:
One 20 goal season and now it's a guarantee that he'll score that much every season? Come on now.

I can't wait for Theo to come back because I think he'll slot into that wide forward role with our current players arounds him, but even for all his goals ( which aren't guaranteed ;) ) he is a seriously flawed player. Someone like Reus could probably hit similar numbers while being an improvement on Theo in nearly every other department, the lad is a top class winger.

Start the post by questioning an assumption, then make an assumption of your own! Reus is a top class winger and nobody is saying Theo is a 20 goal a season winger but everything suggests that if Theo makes 45 appearances then at least 15 goals is very realistic.

For all his flaws, Theo strengths are incredible.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Except Reus hit over 20 in his last season at Monchengladbach, he hit 19 last season, already has 9 this season and averages around a goal every 2 games for Germany. I reckon me assuming Reus can hit similar numbers to Theo (lets say 15+) is a bit more credible than having Walcott down as a guarantee for 20 goals from right wing, seeing he did it for the first time last season.

Theo's goalscoring is fantastic for a wide forward, but if we can find someone with that and much more why shouldn't we try get him?

truth_hurts

CurryFlavoured said:
Except Reus hit over 20 in his last season at Monchengladbach, he hit 19 last season, already has 9 this season and averages around a goal every 2 games for Germany. I reckon me assuming Reus can hit similar numbers to Theo (lets say 15+) is a bit more credible than having Walcott down as a guarantee for 20 goals from right wing, seeing he did it for the first time last season.

Theo's goalscoring is fantastic for a wide forward, but if we can find someone with that and much more why shouldn't we try get him?

Okay I stand corrected. Didn't realise Reus had such an impressive record although technically he has only had 1 20 goal season as well :wink:

I'd love a player like Reus here but equally i don't want to lose Theo. Our good form is making people forget what an asset he is.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
CurryFlavoured said:

Hasn't Reus started more games than Theo though? Ie starts/sub appearances in the league:

12/13 Reus: 27 (5) Theo: 24 (8)
11/12 Reus: 32 (0) Theo: 32 (3)
10/11 Reus: 32 (0) Theo: 19 (9)
09/10 Reus: 27 (6) Theo: 12 (11)

Reus has performed at a higher level and is technically better but he's had way more game time to develop and get in his grove hasn't he?

He is a better player than Theo, but Theo's pace and finishing is perfect for the likes of Özil and Cazorla.

k24bfan

Theo is not perfect but he has a different profile he offers something that many of our players don't have Pace and finishing ability. Theo also has had impacts on some of our biggest games. He is frustrating but I actually don't want him sold.

ArsenalDNA

I'd be disappointed if we sold him. He can be infuriating, and he has off days where we may as well play with 10, but there aren't many players who offer what he does.

The only way i'd be happy selling him is if it was for an elite talent who can produce straight away.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Unless we're selling him as we're bringing in at least two quality strikers or wide men there's this is no discussion really. We're coming into a period where we have no need to sell. Theo has a number of benefits even at £30/40 million I'd rather he stayed.

KMC

34 million? I would personally drive Walcott to Monaco,

If we got a REUS or Suarez or a Lewandowski.

Some of you lot are mad lol

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
KMC said:

Big clubs don't sell just because they get a good offer. One of them should be added regardless. Theo is settled here and will improve us alot when he comes back, over 20 goals last season remember.

You need to look at the bigger picture rather than just the money.

Arsenal signing a top striker and rejected such an offer for Theo would be some message.

KMC

Penn_ said:
KMC said:

Big clubs don't sell just because they get a good offer. One of them should be added regardless. Theo is settled here and will improve us alot when he comes back, over 20 goals last season remember.

You need to look at the bigger picture rather than just the money.

Arsenal signing a top striker and rejected such an offer for Theo would be some message.

Personally Theo I find incredibly frustrating at times to watch, is he worth 34 million no, when an offer and if it ever will, anything over 30 million, you will bit the clubs hand off.

I rather get rid of Walcott if we only bought a Lewandowski, Suarez Reus, Gundogan as Arteta replacement.

Gnabry for me next season will be more productive.

Top Bottom