• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott (Out)

ASAP Berg

Established Member
It is make or break for Theo when he returns. If he doesn't take advantage of the creative skills of our midfielders and Giroud's ability to draw defenders then Wenger will find someone who can. Draxler would be amazing for us.

Buhry

Established Member

As limited as Theo is I can still see him being extremely effective in the same team as Özil, those 2 will get the most out of each other I think, we saw early signs the one game they did play together.

It's not like our depth up front is good anyway so we shouldn't be selling anyone close to the starting 11 any time soon. If anything we should be looking to add some depth, it would not be a bad thing to have both a Reus and a Walcott. Could potentially be a problem fitting Walcott cazorla and Reus into the same team though but it would provide us the opportunity to rotate, that option would have been great to have right about now for example.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I cannot see this happening, Theo was the crowning jewel of the British core that signed new contracts last season to get rid of him so soon after that does not make sense.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Theo can be quite the frustrating player, I think his most ardent of fans will admit that, but he is devastating when given space and is very effective in terms of stats. Overall I like Theo and like many was glad when he signed the contract (albeit perhaps we overpaid on his salary). He was actually one of the players I tipped to step up big time, unfortunately injuries did ruin that a bit, but I still think he will step up.

That said the 30-34 million (pounds?) being quoted is....well a tasty sum of money, and IF true, well....I wouldn't blame arsenal for selling.

Id personally be ok with it on the condition that we actually USED the cash on a proper replacement. But overall, if I had the choice, crazy as it sounds, Id actually keep Theo, I think he could score even more with Özil and you never know how new players will adapt and fit into our squad.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't get this. Theo produced mightily last season. He hasn't had the best start to the season but still has a goal and 2 assists in 7 games without being at his best. Why the seeming rush to entertain the thought of getting rid of him? Is a kid like Draxler that much better and perhaps more importantly as ready for the big stage as he is? One of the reasons why we are doing well is continuity. We have persevered with more or less the same team for a couple of seasons minus the 'deadwood'. There are very few players I would axe from the squad. We need more, not less, or that much different. I'm reasonably happy with Theo as a wide forward. Yes he's frustrating at times but he's done enough for me to be a keeper.

Top Bottom