• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Theo Walcott

Theo-Walcott-is-close-to--009.jpg

Born/age: Mar 16, 1989 (27)
Place of birth:
189.png
London
Nationality:
189.png
England
Height: 1,76 m
Position: Right Wing

Walcott is currently being linked to West Ham due to underperforming for us during much of the season, and not having exploded much over his past 10 years here. Sources include:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-rumours-theo-7684892
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tt-targeted-by-west-ham-jordan-lukaku-rumours
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...t-west-ham-plot-theo-walcott-move_269922.html

We need a new attacker coming in during the summer, and Walcott seems like one of those players that would ideally be making way for this player. My only worry is that he would somehow find form somewhere else, I mostly just don't like him as much in our team because his trademark lack of involvement doesn't fit Wengerball well.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Nah, won't happen. Woeful reporting based on nothing but the rumor that we're going to spend £20m+ on a striker this summer. His wages are also ridiculous, no way we're gonna pay that kind of money for a player that would just barely (if even) make our starting XI.

Owners are smarter than this. The success of Lanzini, Payet, Kouyate, Obiang etc. has shown that the quality transfers are from outside the Prem, not inflated English dross.

Also, there's only one source, and it's this: http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/W...-26m-Arsenal/story-29042671-detail/story.html

... :lol:

Kiwi-Gooner

Nah, won't happen. Woeful reporting based on nothing but the rumor that we're going to spend £20m+ on a striker this summer. His wages are also ridiculous, no way we're gonna pay that kind of money for a player that would just barely (if even) make our starting XI.

Owners are smarter than this. The success of Lanzini, Payet, Kouyate, Obiang etc. has shown that the quality transfers are from outside the Prem, not inflated English dross.

Also, there's only one source, and it's this: http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/W...-26m-Arsenal/story-29042671-detail/story.html

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I've been a lurker of this forum for quite a long time and distinctly remember you once saying that you thought Walcott was one of the best and most under-appreciated premier league players! Guess it goes to show how far his stock has fallen in such a short period.

Goon_si

@Aevius

I wouldnt worry about him finding form somewhere else. If he goes to a weaker side its inevitable, since he is perfectly suited for teams that sit back and wait on the counter.

I like him as an option on the bench or for certain tactical matchups when you need speed, but honestly his overall play outside of pure speed is terrible. He cant even use the speed that he has if other players dont set him up, he's incapable of running past a defender 1 on 1 with the ball because his close control is piss poor.

Such a frustrating player really wouldnt miss him.

say yes

forum master baiter

You've changed your tack.

Didn't you used to claim that Walcott > Sanchez? :p

Heisenberg

I can easily see us sell Walcott to another Premier League.
Walcott has shown a decent ability to score goals in the Premier League. In this season, he has not performed on the expected level.

But, he is still an English international with 231 PL-games for Arsenal. It could be a great 'statement' for West Ham, Leicester, Everton and Liverpool to sign him. The 'statement' element mostly for West Ham and Leicester, to be fair.

But Walcott as a player, with his speed, could fit in a counter attacking system such af Leicester's and Klopp's. West Ham is also going to by a striker as Carroll is injury prone (as Walcott...), and in general their strikers are on a lower level than the offensive players just behind them. In fact, they could perhaps use Walcott as their right winger with Payet and Lanzini next to him.

A potential fee could be anything in the interval £10-£20 mio. Where 10 might be the bargain price, and 20 the opposite.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Chelsea? Possibly even Man U? Doesn't Pep rate him? I'd only sell Walcott if we replace his goals. He's a 15-20 man if fit (injury wise he's been better this year).

Heisenberg

Chelsea? Possibly even Man U? Doesn't Pep rate him? I'd only sell Walcott if we replace his goals. He's a 15-20 man if fit (injury wise he's been better this year).
Theo to be a 15-20 goals man is a bit optimistic. But yes, if/when we buy an offensive player it should be a man, who can offer goals. Like Götze or Dembele.
If we buy a guy like Isco for the wing, then we would need a striker who provides more goals than Welbeck/Giroud.

With the options out there, I hope we try to find a winger who can provide the mentioned 15-20 goals. A striker like Welbeck is ideal as the striker, if the wingers are a goal threat. Welbecks movements will allow them the space to shine.
Giroud i a good target man, and a useful one. We should also sell a striker, if we get a better one. And not only a marginally better one. And that seems to be difficult to fine out there. It all depends on Real Madrid's actions: Morata to Madrid to Dortmund, then Aubameyang to Real Madrid. PSG will also be active, and a potential buyer for Giroud, if they are going to trust Cavani.

Benzene could actually be available this summer, and he's a "complete" striker that will provide great space for Alexis and a potential new goal threat on the other flank.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I hate Benzema but he'd be an upgrade on Theo or Giroud. I hate that we're so passive in the market. Why do we need to wait for Madrid? Let's just buy the attacker (s) that we want.

I can't see us selling Theo unless he pushes for a move, ditto for Giroud. That will only happen if we're ruthless and sign somebody to start ahead of both.

Theo is not going to West Ham!!! He's had 10 years of champions league!

say yes

forum master baiter
@Dokaka was actually the leader of "Walcott is not good enough for us" group when he was coming back from injury. I remember that.

Don't let his change in tact fool you - Dokaka was the biggest Walcott fanboy on here for a while. Had a huge crush on Jenkinson too but that inevitably ended when he had to watch Carl every week.

When we were linked to Sanchez:

Absolutely not. He's never produced anything even close to what Theo has this season. The fact that people still see him as replaceable by bench players from other teams is ridiculous.

I'd start Sanchez AND Walcott, would provide the running needed to properly support a CF and the central midfield. If I had to choose, it'd be Walcott.
Never really rated him that highly. He's playing in front of world class playmakers, with his type of game he's bound to score goals. He's quite inconsistent as well.

Some irony in you guys wanting Sanchez but noping the **** away from Vela, who's throwing up similar numbers and would cost much less than Sanchez both in wages and the fee itself. Vela also isn't exactly playing in front of players like Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and the likes.
Even if he's not the focal point, he's very much enjoying the time and space left behind the entire backline looking at Messi :lol:

Who's he replacing anyway? He's not coming to sit on the bench, and he's not benching Walcott. I don't see him playing LW. He's too expensive for what he'll offer and he's arguably going to slot into one of your strongest positions on the pitch.

He's also an annoying little **** who dives more often than a * in a ball pit.
No way in hell is Lallana a better player than Sanchez :lol:

And Dokaka your Walcott love in has got to stop man. Sanchez is a clear upgrade on Walcott even at his best. And there's no guarantee Walcott will ever return to his best given he's just suffered one of the worst leg injuries possible.

@tap-in, would actually be 1-0 mate as Napoli nabbed him in the end ;)
Walcott is better than Sanchez. Injuries are an issue, obviously, but he's come back from them before and performed brilliantly. He was great before he ****ed up his knee this season as well, after he'd gotten some match fitness.

I don't have any special love for Walcott, but I do feel he's insanely underrated by a lot of people on here. He's an end product machine and we haven't even properly seen what he can do with a long run in front of Özil.

Everyone at the Emirates were getting out of their seats in anticipation when Özil had the ball and Walcott made a run. It's a shame that he got injured and even started the season unfit.

#DokakaIsn'tSafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom