• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

logic DC

wenger a *****, need a brave manger see how Jose got rid of Rooney (better player than Theo) that what we need. he is holding us bact I feel, him being at arsenal is a joke absolutely a joke if you consider our ambition.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
wenger a *****, need a brave manger see how Jose got rid of Rooney (better player than Theo) that what we need. he is holding us bact I feel, him being at arsenal is a joke absolutely a joke if you consider our ambition.

Agreed. Rooney is a far superior player both in defence and offence and was let go. Tells you how daft Wenger is.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Whose ambition? The fans' or the boards? I suspect there is a massive difference currently. It is why we are so frustrated as a fan base. Board want profits and top four. We want top signings and a major title.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He will get us 15-20 goals for us again this season. I think he's a great impact player to have off the bench.

Will be very important when we are chasing matches.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
He will get us 15-20 goals for us again this season. I think he's a great impact player to have off the bench.

No. He won't.

He has only done more than 15 goals in 2 out of 12 seasons. He has limited playing time now. Last season, welbeck was injured. Ox too for rather long periods, on and off. This season, it will be less likely. And now Iwobi should start before him.

Walcott did not score any important comeback, winning goals past 80 min for the past 3 seasons. No reasons to field him as sub too.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

When I see match threads having a go after one mistake or bad game it makes me cringe because people still haven't learnt that he'll make it up eventually with something equally as good and that's always been the case historically.
You can't be serious.:lol::lol:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

:lol:

This would maybe have been true 6(vs Barca) or hell even 9 years ago(vs Milan and Liverpool).

The pu$$y does nothing when he comes off the bench these days - just hides from the ball as we saw vs Leiceter - 1 succesful pass in 20 mins of play ffs.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Walcott did not score any important comeback, winning goals past 80 min for the past 3 seasons. No reasons to field him as sub too.

Off the top of my head

Sub 61' Goal 70' Oh **** sorry, wasn't past 80mins!

In the bigger games or when chasing matches keep in mind spaces are more limited and we tend to play our short passing game. But yeah I kinda agree, Iwobi needs to step up though.

I don't like bashing Theo. He loves the club and I can respect that. My gripe is he was handed a super-huge contract last time around without justification. His wages are now impacting other players. Poor squad management impacts the entire team. Hindsight is 20/20, but if you look at some of the "what could have been" transfers to/from Arsenal the last few years, it's painful what we missed out on or couldn't keep.
In the present, Barca are currently suffering due to the same reason. Article out today about how they passed on Asensio, who grew up a Barca fan, back in 2014 when he was at Mallorca. Barca didn't want to pay his roughly 4 million transfer fee upfront, so Real swooped in and bought him.

Santi's Left Foot

You can't be serious.:lol::lol:

Well. Yeah-

He was my favourite Arsenal player a few years ago, will probably never get back to that but I'm adding him to my fantasy football team and that's a massive achievement imho.

He's back to the Theo we were all yearning for when he did his ACL. Will he maintain it this time? If I'm correct this is (touch wood) going to be only the second season where he'll crack 10 PL goals?

Yet he's so graceful about it! After all the **** he took last season, you'd think he'd be all in our faces and everything! True gentleman. Perhaps he's just waiting for Theo to beat his best ever season record, which looks to happen before the end of this year! :(:D

Etc etc

Last edited:

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I think he can still turn things around but his lack of presence on the field really needs to go,
I dunno why there are many times no one seems to pick his runs maybe he lacks vocal so no one spot him, maybe he doesn't get along with Özil/Xhaka, maybe the team doesn't trust him (I won't pass to someone I don't trust), something isn't right...

They would pass to him if he didn't lose it within 3 seconds (assuming he controlled it in the first place).

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Well. Yeah-

Etc etc
Im not sure what point you're trying to make with those old messages. @razörist and I finally thought that Theo would become a useful player for Arsenal.

I asked if he would maintain his form this time and he didn't. This time I won't be fooled by him banging in a few goals. Awful player.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Im not sure what point you're trying to make with those old messages. @razörist and I finally thought that Theo would become a useful player for Arsenal.

I asked if he would maintain his form this time and he didn't. This time I won't be fooled by him banging in a few goals. Awful player.
fooled the **** out of me, never again.

Santi's Left Foot

Bagging 19 goals is fairly useful.

I don't think he's being awful for Arsenal, not very good either somewhere in between overall. That's being my point all along, people sensationalise when maybe they should know better by now.

It's all a bit pointless now we're getting real players in like Laca but you just know this thing will keep going from one extreme to another when he starts scoring in the EL and then misplaces a pass the next week.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Bagging 19 goals is fairly useful.

I don't think he's being awful for Arsenal, not very good either somewhere in between overall. That's being my point all along, people sensationalise when maybe they should know better by now.

It's all a bit pointless now we're getting real players in like Laca but you just know this thing will keep going from one extreme to another when he starts scoring in the EL and then misplaces a pass the next week.
19 goals is useful but I've watched him enough times now to say that what he brings in goals is not worth the detriment to our overall play that he brings to the table. Sometimes it really is 10v11 when we play him.

I do genuinely believe he's an awful footballer and that you don't win league titles with someone like him as a starter. As silly as it sounds goals arent everything. We saw as much when Pep dropped Aguero for Jesus and Aguero is 10x the player Walcott is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom