They are called Referees

jgirolami

Here’s another thing. Deans allegedly of no fit mind to ref this weekend, but is available to put himself in the fire pit by reffing an f.a cup game this midweek. The words money money money spring to mind. Bet they get additional money for cup games and because there on a salary lose fook all for having himself a free weekend.

Aussie_gunner123

Anyone surprised by this, anyone thought this was right? Imo finally a referee has come out & said a lot of the refereeing is pretty corrupt which I've always had a feeling about.

simba

Manberg Again
Seen the penalty that wasn’t given today again. VAR chose to show the angle where you can’t see the trip on Saka, only showed the arm contact. It was a penalty and they tried to mess things up for us again. Also, why didn’t the Leeds keeper get a yellow?

Yet again, decisions going in the favour of our opponents.

zanziro1

Seen the penalty that wasn’t given today again. VAR chose to show the angle where you can’t see the trip on Saka, only showed the arm contact. It was a penalty and they tried to mess things up for us again. Also, why didn’t the Leeds keeper get a yellow?

Yet again, decisions going in the favour of our opponents.

Yes, this is actually shocking and should be brought to the media's attention!

The studio and pundits, here where I live, actually questioned this at halftime. They showed the angle where you could easily see that Saka was clipped. However, the same angle was never displayed on the referee's VAR monitor. They argued that the only angle(s) that should be shown, is the one actually influencing the decision (either for or against). Showing all other angles just leaves the referee confused.

Seeing the angles shown yesterday, I totally understand why the referee withdrew the penalty

CaseUteinberger

Cazorla (not Cazorla ffs)
They showed the angle where you could easily see that Saka was clipped. However, the same angle was never displayed on the referee's VAR monitor. They argued that the only angle(s) that should be shown, is the one actually influencing the decision (either for or against). Showing all other angles just leaves the referee confused.
This makes absolutely no sense to me or I guess any other viewer. Saka is clearly being clipped and you can see his leg move from the contact, yet it wasn't shown to the referee. This just reeks to the heaven from FA/PL referee abuse, bias or whatever you want to call it. Also not even a yellow for their GK hacking down Saka shortly there after on the pen that was given. How is this allowed? The club really needs to protest loader until this **** stops once and for all! It makes my blood boil! :mad:

dashsnow17

Sounds Like Hairspray
That’s that Bentdner off the line game isn’t it. Awful stuff.

The CL game I remember most vividly from that period was the game against Porto at home where we absolutely battered them, took like 30 shots, and couldn't score. That was the height of our 'endless one-twos around the box' era.

Blood on the Tracks

I don't think there's any conspiratorial / intentional bias stuff going on with most referee's. That's veering into conspiracy theory territory.

Virtually every clubs forum thinks referee's are biased against them.

The vast majority can be put down to incompetence rather than anything malicious.

I can't argue that there are a lot of incompetent ref's in the PL though. The standard should be much higher than it is.

Latest posts

Match Prediction

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Everton

Votes: 17 39.5%