• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

ThlRama

Player:Saka
VAR is ****, but trying it out in isolated games is taking the piss. What the ****.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How is this fair? Should be all or none.

Tweet is misleading, there’s no contact involved or impact on the games. It reads more like a finance test by the PL to see how cheap they can be and limit the number of people they’ll need.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Yeah I gather its not actually being used to impact games.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I have noticed how much small clubs complain about referees. The big clubs get on with it.

Obvious where we lie nowadays after Wenger and Xhaka ruined our club

Sungod

Can we start a thread on VAR.

VAR IS PYAR
PYAR IS LOVE.

Honestly I won't watch football if cheating simulation doesn't stops.
Fake falling, penalty , red cards.

Arsenal has been robbed by corrupt decisions especially in champion league.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
VAR is pointless if the refs decide self what incident to review and what not. Captains need to get 1-2 call for VAR per half.

Maybe if it was implemented like this, with each captain having the right to ask for one VAR reviewing per game, and the refs having no right to resort to it otherwise, it could be good. Right now, I find it annoying, it destroys the game for me. Breaks the rhythm of matches to a stupid extent and still doesn't bring justice, because a lot of what is wrong with refereeing is little decisions that will never get reviewed.

Sungod

Maybe if it was implemented like this, with each captain having the right to ask for one VAR reviewing per game, and the refs having no right to resort to it otherwise, it could be good. Right now, I find it annoying, it destroys the game for me. Breaks the rhythm of matches to a stupid extent and still doesn't bring justice, because a lot of what is wrong with refereeing is little decisions that will never get reviewed.
I will take this over no touch diving, penalty seeking simulating con artists .

I want people to win fair.
Also ban on FFP and Transfer Bans suggested. Hope EU can penalize actual corrupt clubs and officials.

Also I want Relegation ban of 2 years plus transfer ban.
And no champion league/Europa for 4 years.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Var can work well if its implemented right. If a ref feels he's made the right decision he probably wont turn to Var so that needs changing. Maybe the panel who are presumably linked to the refs ear piece can just butt in if they see its wrong rather than waiting for him to call for Var. This must only be for penalty decisions & ball crossing the line, if you use it more the game wouldn't flow.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yup, like Cricket

Each team gets a VAR appeal. If it is upheld, they can use it again.

Sungod

Var can work well if its implemented right. If a ref feels he's made the right decision he probably wont turn to Var so that needs changing. Maybe the panel who are presumably linked to the refs ear piece can just butt in if they see its wrong rather than waiting for him to call for Var. This must only be for penalty decisions & ball crossing the line, if you use it more the game wouldn't flow.
Also if decision is wrong for handball.
Yellow card should be taken back. I don't want bad referees to hamper players by wrong yellows.
Diving/other missed offence should get delayed yellow i.e. on next break of play the previous diving etc gets punished immediately.

Technology has to be used smartly.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom