• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Refs made a pact to back each other, I think we need a independant VAR departement :lol:

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
I think there's an argument for VAR to be limited to decisions where there is a clear right or wrong like offsides, penalty encroachment etc.

Penalty calls are far too subjective and its impossible to maintain consistency across the whole league.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
So much for VAR, seems the jokes about these guys taking pauses and having a good time rather than doing a serious ref job are closer to reality than thought.

Didn't they cut to the VAR in La Liga last season during one game and nobody was in?

Germany btw had another horrible VAR weekend in Bundesliga 1 and 2, several baffling and horrendous mistakes.

Reactions: A_G

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
So much for VAR, seems the jokes about these guys taking pauses and having a good time rather than doing a serious ref job are closer to reality than thought.

Didn't they cut to the VAR in La Liga last season during one game and nobody was in?

Germany btw had another horrible VAR weekend in Bundesliga 1 and 2, several baffling and horrendous mistakes.
Wow Greek teams bribing officials with food. Smart

BobP

Memri Fan
The Wolves-Burnley VAR penalty calamity has me thinking that Brexit can't come fast enough.

Ian Holloway was onto something, don't want these Portuguese caralho ruining our game.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The Wolves-Burnley VAR penalty calamity has me thinking that Brexit can't come fast enough.

Ian Holloway was onto something, don't want these Portuguese caralho ruining our game.
Check this one out

VAR still gave the pen:rofl:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
they should have given managers this option from the beginning

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
A game is going to take three hours now.

I’m for VAR in game for offsides and penalties (including diving in the box). Tackles, diving outside of the box, etc post-game.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There’s nothing wrong with VAR, it’s the people making the decisions and the consistency.

How does letting managers have an appeal change anything?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I just laugh at the absolute blind denial to accept the simple fact that all the English referees are incompetent ******. No English official made it to Russia in 2018 WC. None will make it in the next one either.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Apparently Mike Riley has instructed refs to not use the pitchside Monitor because it "takes too long" so instead we have clueless People watching the replays from the other side of the Country, taking 3 minutes to Review it coming to the wrong decision anyway.

How can you maintain a constant Level of refereeing if you have one Person making decisions on the pitch and another one making decisions off it? It's ridiculous. VAR should only Point out instances where an error may have occured and then let the on field Referee make the call once he's reviewed the incident.

The less said about Riley the better. That incompetent prick should be nowhere near the game let alone leading the Referees association! Total joke just like the rest of the FA.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Great they making things more even worse now. just let the refs use the monitors it takes between 30 second to 1 minute maximum.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It would have been great watching Wenger searching through his massive coat for the challenge flag.

giphy.gif

Manberg

Predator
Great they making things more even worse now. just let the refs use the monitors it takes between 30 second to 1 minute maximum.

For referees to waste between 30 to 60 seconds reviewing every contentious decision on the monitor would be too long. It would make the game very stop start and lead to over 7 minutes of added time. This was a problem in the women's world cup.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
For referees to waste between 30 to 60 seconds reviewing every contentious decision on the monitor would be too long. It would make the game very stop start and lead to over 7 minutes of added time. This was a problem in the women's world cup.
I don't think so in Germany and Italy from games i watch they don't take that long

Top Bottom