• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think you would only move the problem with a "clear daylight" rule. Then we would minutely scrutinise for whether there was "daylight" or not.

Not sure that would help. VAR is clearly here to stay, but I'd like that the ref looks at the screen, and make the most important decisions.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I said just feet.

Yeah it's a bit **** if your toes offside

If it's complete feet or leg I agree, because that's basically the rule, but I think it is ridiculous to start measuring offside in millimetres. If the bodies are basically same height that should be it, like I said it's stupid to take feet size or **** into account.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If it's complete feet or leg I agree, because that's basically the rule, but I think it is ridiculous to start measuring offside in millimetres. If the bodies are basically same height that should be it, like I said it's stupid to take feet size or **** into account.

Then maybe yeah a whole foot would work, but you can't have some blurred lines kind of rule, will cause more chaos.

Toby

Then maybe yeah a whole foot would work, but you can't have some blurred lines kind of rule, will cause more chaos.

Yeah, no blurred lines, just make it so that at least a complete foot has to be offside.

Ewarwoowar

VAR is a complete joke, pundits and commentators having scripted grown up conversations of whether someones toe nail is offside, whilst diving is still being enabled and dangerous tackles being overlooked dependent on the positive or negative status or bias toward or against each individual club.

Don't believe the hype football is devolving not evolving, real football fans are switching off as it is heading toward scripted soap opera nonsense.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Today's VAR decisions in the Burnley - Villa game were just laughable. Villa's first goal was disallowed for a minuscule offside in preceding move before the goal, while a clear foul by Burnley against Villa leading to the Burnley goal was allowed.

Plus there was a reckless tackle by a Burnley player leading to a knee injury on a Villa player and nothing done by VAR. It's just ridiculous what is going on. Villa fans didn't even celebrate their 1st, i.e. 2nd goal. This **** is killing the game in my view. Either get some sensible judgements from the people checking VAR or scrap the whole thing.

Toby

a minuscule offside in preceding move
there was a reckless tackle by a Burnley player leading to a knee injury on a Villa player and nothing done by VAR

That's what infuriates me the most. VAR will come in to scrap goals because someone's uncut toenail was offside, but they won't come in to sanction dangerous fouling.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Its only been five months but credit to Michael Oliver for looking at the screen himself during the Palace game. It's done in Europe, and hopefully this stops the refs shirking responsibility.

Toby

Biased refs and biased carding should've been eliminated with VAR, too. If there's a camera there's the opportunity to see almost every foul. But even with this in place, there's still massive bias in refereeing influencing games. And I'm not talking big decisions like pens or red cards, but small fouls, yellows, freekicks, etc. If bias sends the bulk of decisions one way these things will massively influence a game. Thought this would stop with another couple of eyes on the game, but it hasn't. VAR is useless crap as long as the rules aren't made more clear while refs are better educated and less biased by whatever influence, be it personal, media, etc.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Its only been five months but credit to Michael Oliver for looking at the screen himself during the Palace game. It's done in Europe, and hopefully this stops the refs shirking responsibility.

It was the FA cup. I wonder just how much leniency refs have in the Premier League.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It was the FA cup. I wonder just how much leniency refs have in the Premier League.
Fair point and I don't know the answer but I'm not aware of a formal written rule that stops them either. It seems to be an unspoken agreement and it's wrong.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Clear ****ing penalty on Pepe by the Sheffield player. But as usual, that **** Dean decides to wave it off.

These situations must be analysed regardless of what the referee says, or each team must have a chance to call for a VAR check, like in Cricket.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They not fair with it and still using it wrongly they took long to get offside calls right but can't bother to check if the penalty are right or not

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Clear ****ing penalty on Pepe by the Sheffield player. But as usual, that **** Dean decides to wave it off.

These situations must be analysed regardless of what the referee says, or each team must have a chance to call for a VAR check, like in Cricket.
The stats posted on Dean only giving us 5 penalties in 72 games over 20 years versus three times that for ManU and ManC in the same timespan with the same amount of matches. Chelsea and Sp**s had twice as many as us in same period. The guy hates us and is so biased against us it is unreal. An absolute scandal!

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom