• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
wonder if they are becoming mentally burnt out? been a **** load of football recently all with the weekend / midweek split

not like they get the buzz of a crowd anymore to feed off... just a bunch on *****y millionaires trying to cheat each other

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Pawson needs to be investigated. Didn't realise he was the ref for our game against Liverpool when Mane threw that dirty elbow in the second minute of the game. Should have been a straight red but no...
Or look at that stamp on Xhaka by Bruno Fernandes. If that had been one of our players I can take poison that it would have been a VAR review and a red card. 100% sure.

The club should really start raising a stink about this. I think Southampton are right to protest as should we. It is all just way to crocked right now.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

^ this for me also.
No, almost nothing I like better! I really like complaining about refs. I feel I have started to take it over the top a bit but what the heck. I think the PL refs deserve all the criticism coming their way. A bunch of corrupt and biased scumbags in my book!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

No, almost nothing I like better! I really like complaining about refs. I feel I have started to take it over the top a bit but what the heck. I think the PL refs deserve all the criticism coming their way. A bunch of corrupt and biased scumbags in my book!
I do think the standards are poor. What annoys me if anything annoys me is how they stick together even when they are blatantly wrong.

That's the only thing that bugs me. Saw it on BT Sports yesterday I was a bit bemused.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I can never find the energy to care about referee mistakes. Sport is injustice, just the way it is

You are a much more zen person than I, we have been screwed so much that only when I'm dead will I stop complaining :lol:

zanziro1

I do think the standards are poor. What annoys me if anything annoys me is how they stick together even when they are blatantly wrong.

That's the only thing that bugs me. Saw it on BT Sports yesterday I was a bit bemused.

Are there any governance or reviews of the referees at the end of each season, done by someone outside the FA or Referee organisation?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Are there any governance or reviews of the referees at the end of each season, done by someone outside the FA or Referee organisation?
I wouldn't know enough about that.

I just more meant whichever ref they have in the sky or bt studios always sides with the ref even whatever decision they make - it's kinda pointless :lol:

Peter Walton 2 minutes in. Apparently Luiz would have been better off diving in with a tackle in the box :lol:

Even Rio calls bullocks.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
The FA will come out saying that their referees are fair and just. The Southampton appeal will lead to nothing as you can't say anything bad about referees. You'll get a fine and might get suspended too if you speak your mind about those clowns with a whistle. I've seen it at Old Trafford in 2005, Nou Camp in 2011, yesterday at Molineux and all the countless times inbetween.

I suppose their wives beat them at home, so they have to stamp their authority somewhere. Might as well be in the Premier League.

zanziro1

I just more meant whichever ref they have in the sky or bt studios always sides with the ref even whatever decision they make - it's kinda pointless :lol:

Peter Walton 2 minutes in. Apparently Luiz would have been better off diving in with a tackle in the box :lol:

Even Rio calls bullocks.

Yeah, but how do you determine what is characterized as an attempt?

If I remember correctly, Luiz did try an attempt to get the ball in the Chelsea match, but still got sent off... Is an attempt only when you actually hit the ball, but also bring the man down ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Even Rio calls bullocks.

The way this geriatric ponce talks about the incident/Luiz annoys me greatly, tbh.

Looking forward to this debate being brought up again in a few weeks, when Gabriel slides in as the last man, just misses the ball that he was clearly trying to play...gets a red and a pen given, then all the refs say it was the right decision :mad:

Last edited:

novar

Decisions yesterday were correct, all of them. The only reason it looks controversial was the slight tackle, but anyone who plays football regularly can tell why what Luiz did was wrong and deserving of being called a foul. From what I see there's predictably no good ideas on how to "solve" this, because quite simply, there is nothing to solve.

As usual with fans a couple of days pass and you can look back with a cold head and see how wrong you were. It's not something that should happen with hardcore fans that spend their days usually talking football, in that case maybe searching for a hobby they can understand better is in order.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Decisions yesterday were correct, all of them. The only reason it looks controversial was the slight tackle, but anyone who plays football regularly can tell why what Luiz did was wrong and deserving of being called a foul. From what I see there's predictably no good ideas on how to "solve" this, because quite simply, there is nothing to solve.

As usual with fans a couple of days pass and you can look back with a cold head and see how wrong you were. It's not something that should happen with hardcore fans that spend their days usually talking football, in that case maybe searching for a hobby they can understand better is in order.

*Anybody who plays football regulary* :lol:

Man, you're really trying for that *worst poster of the year* award aren't you.

Absolute Bollocks. Anywhere outside the prem this wouldn't be a send off. Semi-Prof. this wouldn't even be a penalty in half the cases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom