• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
The way this geriatric ponce talks about the incident/Luiz annoys me greatly, tbh.

Looking forward to this debate being brought up again in a few weeks, when Gabriel slides in as the last man, just misses the ball that he was clearly trying to play...gets a red and a pen given, then all the refs say it was the right decision :mad:
It's clear his reasoning is stemming from the fact that it was Luiz involved.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Don't think I've ever seen something like this, but I'd love it if it became widespread that clubs requested referees not to make their games. Might actually get the FA to implement some kind of review or punishment system for referees who make errors
In Spain not only did it use to happen regularly, but the Spanish FA would abide by the clubs' wishes.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

*Anybody who plays football regulary* :lol:

Man, you're really trying for that *worst poster of the year* award aren't you.

Absolute Bollocks. Anywhere outside the prem this wouldn't be a send off. Semi-Prof. this wouldn't even be a penalty in half the cases.
I would simply ignore that poster. Seems like a full-fledged troll from what I can see. Just BS post after BS post.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This is incredible. I mean forget the whole "it was a nailed on red for Luiz thing", let's drop that, he still agrees with Dean's decision to send off Bednarek?! This guy is clinically insane.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Like it's bad enough that he's spouting such obvious bullsh*t, but he takes himself so seriously while he's doing it.
That is an incompetent referee by definition, isn’t it?

Let’s see how the weekend goes. I have little hope things will improve. It’s Chris Kavanagh of ESR red card fame...

Last edited:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Watching West Ham vs Fulham incident, VAR’s check, and how many views it took **** that Mike Dean has left me finally convinced, VAR isn’t actually meant to clean up the game it 100% is a tool by the PL to drive content and engagement. Fans online talk about each new incident, compare it to times their team was ****ed over previously, and the **** talking heads have a constant stream of **** to “debate”.

The constant shocking decisions, lack of transparency and lack of consistency cannot be explained any other way. This isn’t by accident, this is the way the PL wants VAR to be used.

Reactions: roz

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Its a problem across all premier league games in this country.

Kind of embarrassing. I think VAR is fantastic but the pillocks controlling it are the same ones on our pitches week on week.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...absolutely love that this gimp won nowt with his hometown club, then went on to relegate them as manager :drool:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I see Craig Pawson had himself two reds out again. Mike Dean overruled his initial good decision. Its not just us but that's no comfort. This is Mike Riley's failure of leadership.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

...absolutely love that this gimp won nowt with his hometown club, then went on to relegate them as manager :drool:

Shearer benefited from the "You can't send off the England captain" rule. Previous beneficiaries include Rooney and Big JT. The current beneficiary is Sir Harold Kane. Hopefully the latter can replicate Shearer's Newcastle career, both as a player and manager.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Anyone who wanted VAR should have to sleep on rusty nails for the rest of their days.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Too many penalties and too many red cards in football. The mindset of referees in terms of pens and red cards is "I could give that, so I will give that", when really it should be "I can't not give that, so I'll give it".

Penalties and red cards ruin games, especially red cards, they should be given only when absolutely necessary. Referees just don't seem to understand that the laws of the game serve the game, they serve the spectacle, the game does not serve the laws.

Top Bottom