• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I remember watching that match & thinking he handled an impossible situation pretty well. Chelsea were taking the piss, Sp**s losing their heads & Cesc being Cesc... A great night.

Clattenburg was a top ref with a huge ego that made him even better.

Fallout

probably explains why we struggle to get penalties, the refs are too scared to make decisions for us. very disturbing comments.

IslingtonBornandbred

Interesting game management in my opinion. Every referee "manages" games. I remember doing my ref course and they talk about slowing the game down, managing the game, blowing for a foul early and loud to show who's boss etc.

If he had sent those Sp**s players off, he'd have just made them look even more stupid finishing the game with 8 men.

Not fussed to be honest.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If I was refereeing a game between Chelsea and Sp**s I'd let them kill each other too.

Keplaz

The scary part is if they are not enforcing the rules, what are they actually doing and what standard are they using instead? Clattenberg may be the only one to confess this but he's absolutely not the only one who does this. This is almost the equivalent of match fixing to be honest.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

From what I can see this isn't getting nearly enough attention at the moment.

Makes me doubt even more whether the shocking standard of refereeing in this league is down to incompetence or actual malice.

Having read some of the comments from the refs am not suprised . Some really think they are bigger than the game .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The scary part is if they are not enforcing the rules, what are they actually doing and what standard are they using instead? Clattenberg may be the only one to confess this but he's absolutely not the only one who does this. This is almost the equivalent of match fixing to be honest.

At the very least bringing the game into disrepute.

pacstud

Difficult but fair to hear. In any sport there is a HUGE disparity between the rulebook and enforcement. Just the reality. Otherwise teams would all finish on the bench. Also just absolutely amazing they can do as much as they do with NO SLO MO REPLAY. Yeah, they're gonna miss some. Considering the lack of video and slo mo, it's incredible how much they get right.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Somewhat understandable, everything they do is scrutinised by just about everyone. It’s wrong that they can dictate games in such a way but so is the fact that they feel they need too.

Look at any replies to x referee has been appointed to our game on any club page and you’ll see all the same over the top reactions.

Give all top leagues VAR and either have the audio of their discussion or report made public so everyone knows why something is or isn’t given.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Massive massive issues with refereeing. Needs a complete overhaul. I can only speak as an Arsenal but we've been ****ed over time and time again by their sub par levels.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
probably explains why we struggle to get penalties, the refs are too scared to make decisions for us. very disturbing comments.
now i want to play Fallout.

maybe the referees need V.A.T.S to make better decisions

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
All refs do it--Clattenburg was just being honest. I don't know if he should face some sort of punishment or even if he can be punished. That being said, had Sp**s turned the game around after having been allowed to keep all their men on the pitch, culminating in them winning the league, I'd want Clattenburg strung up by his scrotum, smeared with sh!t and lowered into a pen full of starving pigs.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
How does the English referee system work? The amount of referee mistakes in the PL is shocking, do they get any punishment? And I mean they make so many mistakes that decide the results of the games: Mike Dean yesterday, United didn't get a pen for a handball vs Soton, Burnley didn't get one either, the one vs City, and those are the mistakes from one match day. I know in other leagues referees miss the next match day after their sh*tty performances, etc.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They're all bad, but the bald ones are really, really bad.

Plus they have an extra motivation to **** us over in particular.

Top Bottom