• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak
This has always been happening to us, if anything I would’ve thought we got favouritism given we are an English institution really.

Refs and authorities killed us under Wenger, early days we got robbed off titles and later we got kicked around during our Wengerball days.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
That is appalling but it goes to show about the double standards they have for us compared to other teams. On that very same match @Rex Bezos' boy Trippier was on ref's ear the whole match, but a simple protest for a very valid penalty appeal, and off they go: a huge fine for Arsenal.

I hope they keep those same 'standards' in upcoming gameweeks for all other teams.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
That is appalling but it goes to show about the double standards they have for us compared to other teams. On that very same match @Rex Bezos' boy Trippier was on ref's ear the whole match, but a simple protest for a very valid penalty appeal, and off they go: a huge fine for Arsenal.

I hope they keep those same 'standards' in upcoming gameweeks for all other teams.
Put Holding near the fourth official so he can speak Northern to him. Our multi lingual squeakers are probably irritating 🙄

albakos

Administrator

Put Holding near the fourth official so he can speak Northern to him. Our multi lingual squeakers are probably irritating 🙄
If we win, I hope Granit approaches the ref and as he is full smile he proudly says
Ta q**** m****** e n*******, hajt tash s*****i n'p**** t'n*****.
Thank you very much 😊
The ref answers: Oh you're welcome Granit. Good game well played 👏

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We’re getting a red card guaranteed on Sunday. I’m putting money on.

Too much noise around out “indiscipline” that the ref will be itching to get the cards out.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If we win, I hope Granit approaches the ref and as he is full smile he proudly says
Ta q**** m****** e n*******, hajt tash s*****i n'p**** t'n*****.
Thank you very much 😊
The ref answers: Oh you're welcome Granit. Good game well played 👏
Maybe DM me the translation but I think I get the gist

albakos

Administrator

We’re getting a red card guaranteed on Sunday. I’m putting money on.

Too much noise around out “indiscipline” that the ref will be itching to get the cards out.
Yes I can definitely see that happening. Most likely a red card an possibly a penalty so the whole course of the game is set. They could target Gabriel who is rash and prone to getting into heated arguments.

Arteta needs to work hard on asking the players not to fall on their traps as in last season when Holding was dumb to fall on their dirty tricks. That is even if they resort to elbowing like Son did prior to red card or those dangerous walking back on a high jumping player from Kane.

Stay calm, play professional and beat them with better football and organized as a team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes I can definitely see that happening. Most likely a red card an possibly a penalty so the whole course of the game is set. They could target Gabriel who is rash and prone to getting into heated arguments.

Arteta needs to work hard on asking the players not to fall on their traps as in last season when Holding was dumb to fall on their dirty tricks. That is even if they resort to elbowing like Son did prior to red card or those dangerous walking back on a high jumping player from Kane.

Stay calm, play professional and beat them with better football and organized as a team.

At a certain point you need to take risks to win big games.

The truth is that any challenge can be a yellow or red cards if you’re the ref.

We could play a really careful game but I still expect the refs to **** us in the arse.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Wow… as much as we joke about this nonsense, the blatant double standards are appalling. They aren’t even hiding it now.

How can the FA send a letter to a player personally, telling them they are too passionate? I have never heard of this, and Zinchenko in no way behaved exceptionally to how many a player acts in celebration regularly.

Similar to the Newcastle incident. We see this behaviour on a weekly basis and no one would ever bat an eye. But apparently when we do it now it’s an issue?

A bit mad when you really think about it :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So.. Rashford didn't affect the play. Interesting.

Did anyone notice both United & City at different points totally crowding the referee?

Waiting for that FA fine for other top clubs...

Polish Waiting GIF by Loud Lacquer

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

I’ve never heard of this happening, ever
Article is paywalled. I remember we were down for a while and scored a late winner in that game, can't remember if anything happened but very hard to imagine Zinchenko doing anything out of the ordinary when he's new at Arsenal against randoms from Fulham when he hasn't even played on the day

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Its clear they are controlling games to suit their desired outcomes. That's why there is such secrecy and lack of scrutiny around their decisions taken.

What we need to do as Arsenal, and knowing Arteta Im sure this is factored into our training already, is to prepare for these dodgy situations as best as we can, and try and mitigate our behaviour there.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Article is paywalled. I remember we were down for a while and scored a late winner in that game, can't remember if anything happened but very hard to imagine Zinchenko doing anything out of the ordinary when he's new at Arsenal against randoms from Fulham when he hasn't even played on the day
A few weeks into his Arsenal career, Oleksandr Zinchenko was effectively told off for being too passionate. Not by anyone at the club, of course, but by the Football Association. The FA’s warning came in the form of a letter, sent to Zinchenko in August as a result of his exuberant celebrations during Arsenal’s victory over Fulham.

In the wild moments that followed Arsenal’s 86th-minute winner, scored by Gabriel Magalhaes, Zinchenko had sprinted towards the corner flag. Jumping onto the backs of his team-mates, he pumped his fists and roared at the crowd as the Emirates Stadium throbbed with delight.

That might not sound unusual. But there was a problem: Zinchenko was not playing in the game. He was not even a substitute. The Ukrainian was injured, and was therefore watching the match from behind the bench. His instinctive decision to join the celebrations meant that he was, in effect, a pitch invader.

Rules are rules, and this sort of thing is simply not allowed. Zinchenko quickly assured the FA it would not happen again and, so far, he has stuck to his word.
That is not to say, though, that he has been any less passionate or competitive in the subsequent months. The battling spirit is always there with Zinchenko, a warrior on and off the field and a player who has already become one of the most important members of Mikel Arteta’s squad.

So much has been made, rightly, about the game-changing effect that Gabriel Jesus has had at Arsenal since his move from Manchester City this summer. After a slightly slower start due to injuries, Zinchenko is now proving himself to be a similarly transformative presence for the league leaders.

A multiple Premier League winner with City, Zinchenko knows what is required for a team to lift major trophies. Telegraph Sport understands that, from the moment he walked through Arsenal’s doors this summer, he has been one of the most vocal members of the squad. His message to his team-mates has been the same since the first day: they are capable of winning this league, and they should accept nothing less.

On the pitch, there are plenty of ways to measure Zinchenko’s value to Arteta. The first is to look at the Arsenal manager’s team selections. Zinchenko has been picked for three of the biggest games of Arsenal’s season — against Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea — despite not being fully-fit for each of them.

It seems even a half-fit Zinchenko can do things that no other Arsenal player can do, and it is telling that the left-back was thrown straight into the side against Sp**s in October after almost a month out. He had trained for only a couple of days, and was nowhere near peak condition.

Sadly for him and Arsenal, they soon paid the price for that derby decision. Arsenal won the game, with Zinchenko excelling, but they lost the player for another month. Zinchenko’s next appearance came five weeks later, at Stamford Bridge (Arsenal won again, and he was superb again).

When Zinchenko is on the pitch, Arsenal score more goals and concede fewer. In the Premier League this season, he averages more successful passes and progressive passes per game than any other Arsenal player. He is a left-back, yes, but with the ball he is also a central midfielder — and he is allowing Arsenal to dominate matches like never before under Arteta.

It is little wonder, then, that opposition coaches are now identifying him as the key man in Arsenal’s side. “If Zinchenko plays, they are a completely different team,” Oxford United manager Karl Robinson told Telegraph Sport this week.

Perhaps Robinson could sense what was coming. For the first hour of Monday’s FA Cup match, his Oxford players were frustrating Arsenal and threatening to create an upset. Then Zinchenko arrived in the 61st minute, and Arsenal promptly scored the opening goal in the 63rd. By the end, it was 3-0 and Zinchenko was popping the ball around midfield at will.

The 26-year-old’s performances in recent weeks, after the World Cup break, have been among his best in an Arsenal shirt. This is partly because he is no longer being dogged by that niggling injury — during the club’s mid-season training camp in Dubai, Zinchenko put himself through three sessions a day with Arsenal’s physios.

That work ethic has always been a feature of Zinchenko’s game. He is ultra-professional away from the pitch and, to the delight of Arsenal’s supporters, is so obsessed with his fitness that he had an Emirates-themed mural painted in his home gym.

Arsenal’s body composition requirements are slightly more strict than City’s and Zinchenko, who faces Sp**s in another north London derby this weekend, is understood to be in better shape than ever.

The £30 million move from City this summer was driven by Arteta. The pair had worked together in Manchester, during Arteta’s time as Pep Guardiola’s assistant, and they had formed a strong bond: Telegraph Sport understands it was originally Arteta’s idea to deploy Zinchenko as an inverted left-back. Zinchenko had arrived in England as an attacking midfielder, and he had not forgotten what Arteta had done for him in Manchester.

Away from football, Zinchenko and his family have settled quickly in north London. He has dedicated many hours, and indeed hundreds of thousands of pounds, to the Football for Ukraine charity, set up to help people affected by the war. In the last year he has consistently used his profile to speak out about Russia’s invasion, including a moving interview with the BBC in which he said he would be there, fighting, if it were not for his wife and daughter in England.

The hope within Arsenal’s fanbase is that Zinchenko’s Ukrainian connections will help the club in the transfer market this month. Arsenal’s primary target is winger Mykhailo Mudryk, an international team-mate of Zinchenko’s, and it would be naive to think that the Arsenal player has not helped with the sales pitch. After all, it was in an interview with Zinchenko’s wife Vlada, a journalist, that Mudryk made clear his desire to move to north London.

Whether Arsenal finally complete that deal, and at what cost, remains to be seen. For now, Arteta can only work with the players he has got. Thankfully for him, one of them is Zinchenko, a natural leader who perfectly understands the team’s system and his role within it. On the pitch and off it, he is making the difference for his new side.

Wounded Healer

The refs are biased as hell. It's very clear. Corruption at its finest. We can speculate what we already know but that is just absurd to me.
Some human beings don't care to cause others harm if its benefitting their interests, it's that simple. This world is full of this.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

The English referees & FA are that corrupt, is that why the English referees only got 2-3 spots in the WC compared to other lower countries with more? Sorry I know I'm Australian but I really do think it's the truth, as far as I remember EPL only got about 2-3 referees for the whole WC compared to lower countries with more. The refereeing in the EPL is so corrupt it's just not funny anymore :lol::lol::lol:.

ptrcopp

Thought Pawson was shocking today. Shocking performance. It’s nice to say that when we win. Sp**s could easily have ended that game with 9 men and probably should have. How we managed to get 2 yellows is a joke in itself. They took an offside free kick from inside our half. Arteta probably should have had a yellow 😂

Latest posts+

Top Bottom