• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

ptrcopp

Thoughs about the penalty var call today? The only reason it shouldn’t be a penalty for me is if the contact demed to be outside but that seemed strange. Hard to fully see on the pictures thou.

I was surprised by the lack of a decent camera angle on it tbh… and we know there’s been at least one decision this season where that was given as a reason for not giving a VAR call.

I thought it was blatant tbh. It looked it in real time from the TV angle, and it looks even more clear from the other angle that Moupay steps across Gabby to trip him.

There were other really bizarre calls through the game as well. There was that time White was tackled and it was clear from the TV angle it was a corner. There was at least one occasion when it hit Saka and went out and we got a corner. Pickford being booked as he went to kick it wasting a further minute of time…

Then there was the incident at the end of the game. Why Zinchenki got booked is beyond me, and how grabbing someone by the neck and dragging them to the floor isn’t a red card is just astonishing.

The level of refereeing is really poor in the league at the moment. I know what Casemiro did was particularly egregious but when you watch it ETH is correct, there were loads of people crossing the line. And the above posts about the Liverpool- Brighton game are 100% correct.

There’s a reason we haven’t send many officials to recent international competitions.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Was a clear pen, Maupay is about a yard off the ball farther away from it than Gabriel can't "shield" it like that barging into someones legs.

Same ref halted play without whistling for a foul when Onana had his foot stepped on, later he sees another Everton player down with a head injury and play continues because Everton got the ball. Absolute carcrash performance, other leagues in Europe have some awful refs too but most of them at least know the ****ing rules.

There are now 5 penalties that could have been called and we could have potential 7 points from Newcastle, Southampton, and the Everton game. I honestly don't know why some of them weren't called. Either I don't understand the rules or refs are not only just bad but also corrupt.

Maybe it all evens out in the end as some say, but I would really have liked to have these 7 points extra on City.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Looks like they didn't check it. Wtf this could be a big 2 points. I can understand other subjective decisions going one way or another but offside shouldn't be subjective. Looks like they just forgot to check.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I just dont understand wasnt Norgaard offside? Or im imagining things. His foots and shoulder look in offside position. PL seriously need the world cup offside camera will make things very easier

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Surprisingly little fuming going around in this thread? Again Arsenal was robbed like a few times this season already. Ex-referee Dermot Callagher apparently said there was an offside. Gabriel was blocked from moving for many seconds, to defend by an offside player.

"Lee Mason, previously relieved of his duties for two errors earlier in the campaign, was on VAR duty."

"A third added: "Dermot Gallagher says the Brentford goal was offside, the commentator said likewise. Arsenal robbed again.""

Also remember that in this game in a header in midfield, a Brentford player had both hands over an Arsenal player's chest when battling for a header when behind him. No foul and Brentford got the ball. Then you have Toney having both hands over Saliba's whole body from the front, and vice versa of course, and it's Saliba's foul in the freekick where this goal came from. Remember also that one game where Jesus was fouled like 5 times like this and got no calls for him?

It doesn't matter who "deserves" a win, or actually draw was basically the "right" result. But Arsenal was robbed a win by the referees again.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Surprisingly little fuming going around in this thread? Again Arsenal was robbed like a few times this season already. Ex-referee Dermot Callagher apparently said there was an offside. Gabriel was blocked from moving for many seconds, to defend by an offside player.

"Lee Mason, previously relieved of his duties for two errors earlier in the campaign, was on VAR duty."

"A third added: "Dermot Gallagher says the Brentford goal was offside, the commentator said likewise. Arsenal robbed again.""

Also remember that in this game in a header, a Brentford player had both hands over an Arsenal player's chest when battling for a header when behind him. No foul and Brentford got the ball. Then you have Toney having both hands over Gabriel, and vice versa, and it's Gabriel's foul in the freekick where this goal came from. Remember also that one game where Jesus was fouled like 5 times like this and got no calls for him?

When was the offside? Was it the initial ball?

My stream had no commentary so was dead confused when it to VAR.

drippin

When was the offside? Was it the initial ball?

My stream had no commentary so was dead confused when it to VAR.
There was a block, a player in offside was obstructing Gabriel from moving to where the ball went on the right side.

Another one was when someone headed the ball, and Pinnock (or someone) was offside on the left.

That tweet has all the photos that show them.

Pop Tart

Established Member

Also remember that in this game in a header in midfield, a Brentford player had both hands over an Arsenal player's chest when battling for a header when behind him. No foul and Brentford got the ball. Then you have Toney having both hands over Gabriel, and vice versa, and it's Gabriel's foul in the freekick where this goal came from. Remember also that one game where Jesus was fouled like 5 times like this and got no calls for him?

It doesn't matter who "deserves" a win, or actually draw was basically the "right" result. But Arsenal was robbed a win by the referees again.

You must of forgot the disallowed goal for them in the first half Because gabriel was barely touched......

drippin

You must of forgot the disallowed goal for them in the first half Because gabriel was barely touched......
It looked like that if you didn't watch all the angles. The referee saw it and whistled it, and it was a blatant shirt pull towards Gabriel from Mbeumo which he whistled.

Without the shirt pull, which made the shirt tug like 0,5 metres, it wouldn't have been a foul.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

This was foul against saliba in thier goal. Toney is wierd who hold someone like this? There should been no foul because both holding eachother like they lovers ffs

Still in first half i thought foul on Gabriel was bit soft but most of time refs gives it

Pop Tart

Established Member
It looked like that if you didn't watch all the angles. The referee saw it and whistled it, and it was a blatant shirt pull towards Gabriel from Mbeumo which he whistled.

Without the shirt pull, which made the shirt tug like 0,5 metres, it wouldn't have been a foul.
We got off , wake up. Any excuse to blame anyone but us

drippin

We got off , wake up. Any excuse to blame anyone but us
You are ignorant of the facts. Wake up dude. These are facts, not excuses.

Look at the situation again if you were blind before. I assume you are an Arsenal fan.

Pop Tart

Established Member
You are ignorant of the facts. Wake up dude. These are facts, not excuses.

Look at the situation again if you were blind before. I assume you are an Arsenal fan.
I am not biased like you. Pains me to say ot but we should of been 1 nil down. I assume you are a biased numptie

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I am not biased like you. Pains me to say ot but we should of been 1 nil down. I assume you are a biased numptie
If you aren't biased in favor of your team, particularly when they've been let down by a series of bad decisions, then wtf are you doing here? Yeah, Brentford COULD have scored prior and didn't. It's Toney's fault he missed, nobody else's. That doesn't absolve Banks of a joke foul call on Saliba and VAR of a joke miss of Gabriel being held by an offside player. Pointing those things out doesn't make you biased, they're all objective reality. You sound insane.

Latest posts

Top Bottom