• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
1660584184144.png

Can't be arsed about the Swansea result, but what about the sheeite refereeing?

Any other team gets at least a point with a fair-ish referee. They should have some really big bias against us, as we should have had a freekick before their goal, and another penalty too.

we should've lost without the referees intervention.:rolleyes:

blaze_of_glory

Gonna move this to football talk. Can make it a general ref thread.

My feeling is that the standard of reffing is just far, far below the standard of play, in most leagues. It makes sense, maybe even inevitable, when you consider how many more players there are to pick from than people who want to ref. Talent pool is just small in comparison. But there surely must be better training and discipline that can happen as well.

Not to mention the no-brainer of introducing video review of certain situations. Welcome to the NHL in 1991 ffs.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, if reviews are slowing down the game, we can introduce an appeal feature for important decisions, like offsides, red cards and pens.

That is secondary though. The on-field officials should be able to spot clear fouls (like an arm across the neck of Özil).

It's disgusting how much teams get away with, when they want to play dirty.

Jerome_Gooner

Been posted already, but I'll put it here as it is relevant :

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/30/arsen...if-not-for-referee-errors-stats-show-5534536/

Don't want to be the typical fan complaining about bias and the universe, but it is certainly a problem, specially looking at last night where we should go into the second half with 1-0 and no way we'd have to open ourselves like we did (for example on the action that led Gabriel to the foul the the second goal). Not rewriting history, we had big misses too, woodworks, but in terms of refereeing it did impact the entire prospect of competing for the league last night.

Bad for entertainement, a clash vs Sp**s while level on point would have been epic stuff.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I do believe refs have it against us. Its not always the big decisions but the small ones that alarmingly keep going the opposition's way on a pretty regular basis. Its pathetic but their are no protests against this.

Its an important topic imo. I can have a pretty unbiased and fair view. There is something not right and you don't need stats to notice.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
whole england have just 1 good Michael Oliver that unacceptable most referee in the PL making so many bad mistakes basics mistakes too.

Lets take for example Özil foul yesterday Jordi Amat put both of his arms on Özil shoulders and push him down i mean come on even if you bring a somebody who don't know how football works he'll say that a foul.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I think the reffing often gets blown out of proportion, especially with us. Look at the match thread and you'll see moans about the ref on every page. Fans typically look at every 50/50, or just every debatable decision, and if it doesn't go their way then the ref is a fat biased wankstain.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
That said, I looked at the clip and Özil was pretty clearly fouled. He has an annoying habit of refusing to jump for a header and instead stand there, hope he gets bumped into and play for a foul. It was a clear foul on that occasion, but it's a habit I've noticed that often leads to needless turnovers.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I do think we get shafted by the referees but I blame Wenger and his constant moaning. He's not clever about manipulating the refs like Fergie was. All he does is make us a target with his constant whinging whether it's justified or not. I'd bet money that we're riffed much more fairly once he's gone.

Aevi

Hale End FC
There are many problems with referees, starting with the fact that they are human. This means imperfect, and mistakes are bound to happen.

Then there is corruption and bias, something we can't change without in-depth checks on the referees' movements and income. Match-fixing has long been an issue in sports, and reaches far beyond just the refs.

Finally, there is the lack of specification in rules. Some refs call penalties for the same situations when others don't, and that is down to their differing interpretations of what is right and wrong. Example is how Sp**s got pen for Sterling, but we didn't for Kante. Arguing whether one of them was right and the other was wrong doesn't matter, as long as there is a show for consistency in decisions. Then players and fans know what actually is right and wrong.

ScotVieira

Established Member
I do believe refs have it against us. Its not always the big decisions but the small ones that alarmingly keep going the opposition's way on a pretty regular basis. Its pathetic but their are no protests against this.

Its an important topic imo. I can have a pretty unbiased and fair view. There is something not right and you don't need stats to notice.
It has been going on for several years since the days of SAF. It became acceptable to give marginal decisions against Arsenal because the media would never castigate the officials for it: our manager is not a Brit and he was trying to stand against the great Brit, SAF. The officials knew this and took it as the safe option for them.

It seems to have become part of English tradition now. I think some of them even get rewarded for it...look at the current head of the refs. I'm sorry to bring this to your reminder...

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
It has been going on for several years since the days of SAF. It became acceptable to give marginal decisions against Arsenal because the media would never castigate the officials for it: our manager is not a Brit and he was trying to stand against the great Brit, SAF. The officials knew this and took it as the safe option for them.

It seems to have become part of English tradition now. I think some of them even get rewarded for it...look at the current head of the refs. I'm sorry to bring this to your reminder...

Can't see that video anymore really.. Absolute scumbag.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

Biggest farce ever, I always get so ****ing pissed when i see it

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I watched the derby in full. While Oliver is a good ref and he was totally right to send off Coq, he should of sent off Dier as well. Its strange isn't it that we are dealt with "fairly" but its not the same for our opponents. Its so apparent not to notice as well. Why are there are no noises about this?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Too bad the emirates can't pressure referees like old trafford and white hart lane can.

Anyway, someone should tell BT/Sky/Fox if video ref's are used they can play quick 25 second adds like in the NHL or NFL. That should accelerate the introduction of video refs, manager appeals. I'm also a big hockey fan and you should see how it goes there. Sure the game is stopped a lot more, but we stop at red cards and pen's anyway. Only situations like Özil vs Swansea become tricky, but if it results in a goal you can use your Coach's challenge or something.

"After review on the play, it was offside, no goal."

salvat

Liked Your Post
Video referees in football 'no later' than 2017-18 - IFAB
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35736241

var1_experiment_dk.jpg

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This wouldn't be used for offsides would it, that has the potential to do some real damage to attacking play.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom