• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Peter Walton should be a defence lawyer, he could justify anything with a straight face.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This is better cos he at least admits the refs made a mistake. But he says "he's realised the free-kicks been taken quickly so quite rightly he blows a second time to control the situation". Why does he need to control the situation??

Linekar said it well on MOTD, a free-kick is an advantage for the attacking team, but refs slow them down so much that actually it just allows the defending team to get in shape, why can't free-kicks be taken more quickly?

It comes back to what is paramount, the ref or the game. The way I see refs is like if you were playing in the park, they're there to get involved when necessary, it's not their game to dictate, it's the players' game. Right now the game is serving the rules and the refs when it should be the other way around, and the spectacle suffers.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Lee Mason didn’t cover himself in glory there. I honestly don’t know why he blew the first whistle so quickly. It was like he really wasn’t aware of what was going on around him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This should have been penalty close distance or not his arms are not in Natural position just like ndidi last game but with Arsenal you can't have back to back games award you a penalty.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Worst VAR decision of the season bar none, particularly as it happened amidst a **** storm of hands in ‘unnatural positions’ arguments.

I would say I can’t ****ing believe it, but after what I’ve seen and how we have been dealt with this season, it’s totally believable.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Easily the worst decision this year.
Lucky I was painting the kitchen when it happened otherwise I probably would’ve smashed it up. Who is going to answer to this? That’s what I want to know. Not that it matters because it’s another two points that has sailed.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
All managers sound confused by handball everything was working smoothly last season this season mister corrupt Mike Riley wanted to change it and now we witness every game a confusion if it's penalty or not

mirrorstare

taae191d9fl61.jpg

It's fairly common actually

Refs have a huge problem with this one (everything as handball failed miserably too) and with the offside rule (no matter how you put it, it will still be called on fine margins with the way is currently defined)

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I think there must be some level of accountability for such **** ups. Every job has accountability. Referees making mistakes one-off mistakes on the pitch was understandable. But there is no excuse for making such mistakes even when technology is available. They must be fined. Or they must get yellow cards for every mistake they make and they must be suspended for a period after they collect 5.

Top Bottom