• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Gabriel handball against West Ham earlier in the season, at a time when the rule was that any handball was a penalty the ball clearly hit his hand and it wasn’t even looked at by VAR.
...and then poor West Ham went on to get the benefit of the doubt from refs and VAR forever more!

roz

Fake News Merchant
You always hear the tired old "it evens out in the long run". Well, can anyone recall the last time a controversial game-changing decision went in our favor? Because I sure as hell can't.
I challenged @Batman to this exact question. Was told he wouldn’t reply to silly questions. Classic batman thinking he’s above the law.

last time I remembered the majority of decisions going our way was in the FA cup final v Chelsea (who had already qualified for Europe). We needed to win to qualify and the FA make more money having as many English sides in Europe as possible.

As I previously said, we are on the end of a bias which goes back a long time. It happened during Wengers early years and hasn’t stopped. The difference is that we were a top team then, bias affected us but we were good enough to still keep winning.

Now we’re an above average side that bias affects hugely as we’re not good enough to equal the handicap that it brings.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
The reason why there are so many bad decisions every match day is because of one simple reason, there is no accountability. The players get destroyed by everyone when they make a mistake but these bums are treated like gods & you can't say anything against em.

It's always the same *it’s a difficult job* bollocks, as if playing the game or managing teams are easy af. If you're not good you should be wrecked equally as those people playing the game if not more. Heck you've even got technology to help you, how tf are you still crap at your job?

In no other league refs are deified like this. That's why things are like this & these bums can act like fanboys. Won't even touch the bias against us as I don't want my mood ruined

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Refs don’t have an agenda against Arsenal. Arsenal simply don’t have any players they fear or respect. United get pens every game because they’re full of big name players that appeal and hound refs every incident. Refs looks at Aubameyang smiling all game and Xhaka cuddling players he fouls and think they’re a bunch of soft touches (which they are).

Lol why do you think refs are scared of whining? What is there to be scared of? It’s not like the players are gonna.beat them up. This isn’t South America.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Refs don’t have an agenda against Arsenal. Arsenal simply don’t have any players they fear or respect. United get pens every game because they’re full of big name players that appeal and hound refs every incident. Refs looks at Aubameyang smiling all game and Xhaka cuddling players he fouls and think they’re a bunch of soft touches (which they are).

This logic could make sense for a 50/50 that doesn’t go our way. But it doesn’t make sense when applied to a stonewall penalty like we saw yesterday.

Melquiades

If the 4-point swing to Sp**s in the last few days from the BS 'handball' they received in their favour vs. the obvious handball call we didn't receive ends up costing us Europe next year, that will be beyond infuriating.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I challenged @Batman to this exact question. Was told he wouldn’t reply to silly questions. Classic batman thinking he’s above the law.

last time I remembered the majority of decisions going our way was in the FA cup final v Chelsea (who had already qualified for Europe). We needed to win to qualify and the FA make more money having as many English sides in Europe as possible.

As I previously said, we are on the end of a bias which goes back a long time. It happened during Wengers early years and hasn’t stopped. The difference is that we were a top team then, bias affected us but we were good enough to still keep winning.

Now we’re an above average side that bias affects hugely as we’re not good enough to equal the handicap that it brings.
Above the law? No. Above entertaining whiny bullsh*t that ignores the club's real problems when every other side in the league has the same gripes with officials? Absolutely. Now stop tagging me for clout. It's undignified.

Last edited:

Harz

Wonder if there is enough outrage the FA would do as the Portuguese, Greek etc. do and appoint foreign referees every now and then. Honestly I'd love to exchange referees with DFB for a few weeks.

Would help rid of cliques and lessen bias.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wonder if there is enough outrage the FA would do as the Portuguese, Greek etc. do and appoint foreign referees every now and then. Honestly I'd love to exchange referees with DFB for a few weeks.

Would help rid of cliques and lessen bias.
No. England is big country and the football is number 1 sport they will be surely refs better than current one or just do simple thing and educate them

Harz

No. England is big country and the football is number 1 sport they will be surely refs better than current one or just do simple thing and educate them
The problem is not the lack of education and knowledge, it's the lack of transparency and trust due to years of little to no accountability.

The FA would never approve unless it's the dearer clubs pushing for it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The problem is not the lack of education and knowledge, it's the lack of transparency and trust due to years of little to no accountability.

The FA would never approve unless it's the dearer clubs pushing for it.
The problem for me are not refs yes i know there ego is big and want attention but when the leader of refs who make decisions is Mike Riley who we all know is s**t ref and been making his own rules then there no hope for PL until he gone

roz

Fake News Merchant
Above the law? No. Above entertaining whiny bullsh*t that ignores the club's real problems when every other side in the league has the same gripes with officials? Absolutely. Now stop tagging me for clout. It's undignified.
Ouch. Batman packs a punch.

No one is ignoring our many other obvious problems. We have many.
You however are ignoring this one.

I thought Batman was supposed to be a master detective?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I don't think we complain enough about referees. I think, for example, we should complain formally about the penalty incident where the referee was not warned by VAR a penalty had been committed which he couldn't have seen. It happens in other games for other teams all the time.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s sad how calling them out does have an effect. On the times Wenger went that far it did feel like we got a few more favourable decisions.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

We also criticize the clubs internal issues. You’re in a thread that is focused on referees.

Your claim above implies this isn’t a “real” problem. It has already been shown in this thread the amount of points referees have impacted in the PL.

You claim other teams have just as many issues. We know other teams have received dubious calls, that has been discussed. But it is the amount and the egregiousness that separates Arsenal’s situation. Please provide evidence showing another team with as many clear cut incorrect refereeing decisions as has been shown for Arsenal in this thread.

Otherwise, your hot air would be better used filling the bat balloon.

Batman

We also criticize the clubs internal issues. You’re in a thread that is focused on referees.

Your claim above implies this isn’t a “real” problem. It has already been shown in this thread the amount of points referees have impacted in the PL.

You claim other teams have just as many issues. We know other teams have received dubious calls, that has been discussed. But it is the amount and the egregiousness that separates Arsenal’s situation. Please provide evidence showing another team with as many clear cut incorrect refereeing decisions as has been shown for Arsenal in this thread.

Otherwise, your hot air would be better used filling the bat balloon.
I'm only in this thread because I was tagged. Best to mind your business if you aren't involved. I don't think @roz needs a wet nurse.

Batman

Ouch. Batman packs a punch.

No one is ignoring our many other obvious problems. We have many.
You however are ignoring this one.

I thought Batman was supposed to be a master detective?
Detective work isn't required in instances where there's no mystery or nuance. Think about that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom