• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Careful, you’ll have ArsenalMania telling you that there is no such thing as VAR bias and its simply an excuse.

I think the concept of VAR is pretty stupid, personally I don't think the point of football is to get everything correct. But right now it's often not the technology that's the problem, it's the people using the technology.

So VAR may not be the problem, it could be the same old problem that referees subconsciously view Arsenal as a soft touch.

Who knows, maybe next season there'll be completely different results, but right now it looks like VAR hasn't treated Arsenal too well.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Careful, you’ll have ArsenalMania telling you that there is no such thing as VAR bias and its simply an excuse.
This surprises me. I watch more or less all our games. I assume most do the same. To me it seems crystal clear that we are being disadvantaged both in decisions for and against. Think the Everton game was a prime example of this. If a VAR decision can go against us it will most likley do so. If it can go in favor of our opponents it will again most likley do so. It can be fouls, offsides etc. It usually is bad, but this season has been worse than normal I feel. It must easily have cost us 10 points or more.

Many here seem to make it a badge of honour to pretend it isn't so. All the while managers like Sean Dyche *****es year in and year out and gets the advantage.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I think the concept of VAR is pretty stupid, personally I don't think the point of football is to get everything correct. But right now it's often not the technology that's the problem, it's the people using the technology.

So VAR may not be the problem, it could be the same old problem that referees subconsciously view Arsenal as a soft touch.

Who knows, maybe next season there'll be completely different results, but right now it looks like VAR hasn't treated Arsenal too well.
People need to stop separating VAR from the refs. Referees have the power to overrule var but never seem too & both come from the same corrupt club. As you say, its the same people from before who are ultimately in control.

Pre VAR we got shafted by refereeing decisions regularly, I would say more than most teams from the sheer amount of key decisions going against us although back then I didn’t watch as much of other teams games as I do now, so I can’t say that with absolute conviction.

VAR in theory should work and help eliminate refereeing bias, in fact it has only made things worse. People question it less as we get punished often. It’s sickening to watch every week, as I have often said we’re not a great side anymore but we’re far better than our league position suggests, this is due to VAR/refs.

Saw a list of refereeing decisions recorded to highlight officiating “mistakes” going back 5 seasons and every season we are at the bottom (or at least in the last 3 places) every season. Its not a coincidence and people need to start realising this.

Remember Mike Riley? The ref that was in charge of our infamous game against United where they were allowed to use Tekken moves on our players all game as well as dive and cheat to end our 49 game unbeaten run?
He’s in charge of the PGMOL now (Professional Game Match Officials Limited)

Go figure

mirrorstare

I like it, it will remove this idea of "VAR is evil" from fans' minds without actually removing VAR, a tool that has greatly improved the game.

Plus there are bigger fishes to fry than fans not being able to correctly see a well drawn line.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

Definitely not having hope on this but hopefully it's true.. Some teams just get way too many pens for softies

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Any changes to var or refferees is irrelevant for us as long it's the same ****s officiating the games.
I honestly think the current crops of refs are just below the required level and pretty much subjective during games.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I know we all hate Arteta and we'd have lost anyway, and Leno is hated on by half this place (For no reason), but that second Brentford goal should never have stood. Surprised at the lack of a bump

Badger_Revenge

He's got a point. If you are going to penalize attackers in the box for putting your arms on the shoulder of a defender, preventing them from jumping, how is that different from trapping the arm of the keeper so he can't jump?

Is the argument that they can't tell for absolute sure if it really hindered the keeper? Who cares? That was clearly the intent. The keeper should be likewise punished if he wraps up the arm of the attacker.

The gunners still would not have won that match, but I agree with Klopp, as I often do.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Here's Klopp pitying us
That's not pitying us. It was a clear foul which he simply states to make an argument. Just like it should have been a penalty today when Saka was tripped. We are being ****ed over by the refs again. They might change the rules from season to season, but trust us to be ****ed!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom