• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
It was a soft one, I wasn't mad it wasn't given.

I have no doubt if it were the same thing against us though, yeah that gets given.
Asd it to the list.

We are top of incorrect VAR decisions.

How many extra points would we have?

But we let these ****s away with it so they keep doing it.

SOFT soft.
It was a soft one, I wasn't mad it wasn't given.

I have no doubt if it were the same thing against us though, yeah that gets given.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It wasn't a soft one, it simply wasn't a penalty.
I'm shocked it's being compared to this Premier League Soccer: Manchester City vs. Norwich City | USA or to the Luiz one, the difference is so obvious.

Whoever arrives second is causing the foul is that simple, if this was anything, it would be a foul on James, not on Saka.
:facepalm: James cuts in front of Saka causing Saka to be tripped by his leg. With your logic a straight leg trip is fine as long as it isn't an active kick. Really weird way to view it, but guess on the internets everything goes...

NZgunner

It wouldn't have changed the result, but not getting calls like this is like getting spat on in the gutter.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Reading some of the posts above I stand by a point I made last season, that many Arsenal fans exhibit BWS (Battered Women Syndrome) in their attitude and reactions towards the abuse we suffer under the PL referees year after year. The similarities in the reactions / coping mechanism are quite striking. Symptoms of BWS are among others:
  • The abused thinks that the violence was their fault.
  • The abused has an inability to place the responsibility for the violence elsewhere.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This?
Yeah exactly the same, sure :lol::lol::lol:
It’s an opponent cutting across the line, which the attacking player is running and they collide. So yes!

Actually the Sp**s player is dangling a leg and falling before the contact so in my view even less of a penalty than the one against Saka.

Guess we are not going to agree! BWS at work…

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Another one today.

But arsenal fans rather piss and moan than stand up and call out this bias.
Its actually a function of the teams form. Refs know that we'll be blaming Arteta(which we should anyway), so they're bolder giving decisions against us. Its also why I think we need Arteta replaced with Conte or someone else, even though the ref decisions aren't really his fault. New manager, with new manager bounce and the referees will have to start being objective again.

Case in point - Tottenham won against City, and now the referees help them continue their run.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
It wasn't a soft one, it simply wasn't a penalty.
I'm shocked it's being compared to this Premier League Soccer: Manchester City vs. Norwich City | USA or to the Luiz one, the difference is so obvious.

Whoever arrives second is causing the foul is that simple, if this was anything, it would be a foul on James, not on Saka.
Jesus, hadn't seen that first angle.

James actually point his foot towards saka to trip him.

Worst than I initially thought.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not sure if that Saka incident, was or wasn't a penalty.

It would have 100% being given against Arsenal though.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Jesus, hadn't seen that first angle.

James actually point his foot towards saka to trip him.

Worst than I initially thought.
How anyone can watch the foul in different angles and not consider it a penalty is mystifying to me. I think it is what I wrote earlier, a case of BWS! Only explanation that makes sense to me. Or it's the hatred against Arteta that makes posters blind to things that go against the agenda that says we are just **** through and through and therefore don't deserve anything.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
3 games
3 big calls var doesn't even bother to ask the ref to even look at the monitor.
2nd goal is the real funny one. Martial got a red for something less last season vs Sp**s. It wasn't even called a foul. And then few minutes later Kolasinac gets yellow for something similar but less aggressive.
These wouldn't have changed the results but I don't know what's going on really...
From late Wenger years to emery and to arteta it has been continuing. Var has amplified it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Think the only way out of this reality is for the club and manager to raise an almighty stink game in and game out! Just call it out for what it is, biased and corrupt! Every time it happens just go hell for leather and shout it from the roof tops.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Refs seem to get a real joy from pissing off our players and fans, sadly.

They seem to have a real spring in their step when calling fouls/booking/sending off our players, for much less than they call it against other teams.

Really ****ing annoying.

Top Bottom