• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thiago Motta

elber

What the hell is the matter with some of you?

The guy is 33 years old, way past his prime and wasn't that great to begin with and you all want him as an Arteta replacement for the next 2 years???

What next? Luca Toni in for Giroud?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
What if Flamini leaves ? You think we are going to go with just Arteta as cover for Coquelin. That would be really risky !!!

Would be but I can definitely see us putting our trust in Arteta, sadly. We'll have to see.

The guy is 33 years old, way past his prime and wasn't that great to begin with and you all want him as an Arteta replacement for the next 2 years???

He's not way past his prime, he's still got a hell of a lot to offer. He's a character as well, he's a player you need at the spine of a winning team. Ideally you'd want someone younger but there are fewer better short term options than Motta.

Atticus

name someone better keeping in mind Coq will be a starter and that Carvahlo just snapped his leg.

I want to win the league, for that you need to be open too short term options

Atticus

Any reliable links to Motta or just the old fashioned bullshit?

nothing reliable, just the usual tabloid crap. They probably thought ' Motta wants to leave, he is a CDM, arsenal need a CDM, lets link him'

He is leaving though Laurent Blanc has pretty much confirmed it

elber

name someone better keeping in mind Coq will be a starter and that Carvahlo just snapped his leg.

I want to win the league, for that you need to be open too short term options
There were and still are good options out there but as ever Wenger dithered or didn't even bother. Kondgobia, Schneiderlin or one of the Imbula brothers could have been great choices.

You still have guys like Gundogan, Illaramendi, Lars Bender, Krychowiak, Luiz Gustavo, M. Suarez, Gonalons on the market all attainable for the right offer.

Atticus

There were and still are good options out there but as ever Wenger dithered or didn't even bother. Kondgobia, Schneiderlin or one of the Imbula brothers could have been great choices.

You still have guys like Gundogan, Illaramendi, Lars Bender, Krychowiak, Luiz Gustavo, M. Suarez, Gonalons on the market all attainable for the right offer.

Gundogan isnt a CDM

Illaramendi will leave Madrid because he doesnt want to be on the bench, so why would he come to ours ? Thats the biggest issue, because whether we like it not Coquelin will start. that will probably dissuade the likes of lars and gonalons ( who would be staying regardless because he wants a Euro place)

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Gundogan isnt a CDM

Illaramendi will leave Madrid because he doesnt want to be on the bench, so why would he come to ours ? Thats the biggest issue, because whether we like it not Coquelin will start. that will probably dissuade the likes of lars and gonalons ( who would be staying regardless because he wants a Euro place)

Pretty much this. In Arsène's mind, unless his n.1 choice becomes available, he's not putting his Coq down on the bench.

All players listed by Elber would require a starting position, even the ones in arguably weaker teams and leagues.

This is an Euro year for a lot of these players, they want to be playing.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

please

he is no means great but he is a solid player who can do a job, i think he was statistically the best performing CDM in super ligue, doubt flamini would get anywhere close to that if he joins Gala .

besides name something good that Flamini does apart from being Özil's teddy bear
30 year old statistically best performing CDM in the Turkish league is exactly what we need to challenge for the premier league.

Atticus

30 year old statistically best performing CDM in the Turkish league is exactly what we need to challenge for the premier league.

Again you fail to understand the fact that regardless of what we want coq will be starting unless by some miracle we get Javi Martinez

I am just suggesting names that can be realistic backups

GDeep™

League is very weak
Again you fail to understand the fact that regardless of what we want coq will be starting unless by some miracle we get Javi Martinez

Yep. Motta would be a decent pick up with this in mind.

Not really linked Motta so unlikely, bit another decent pick up like him we'll do.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Not sure if you saw him play against Chelsea last year in the CL, 2nd leg. He put in an absolutely 1st class performance. Can't say I saw much else of him during the course of the seaosn but what I saw was someone who knew how to play the DM role, was experienced and obviously a quality player. Based on what I saw he could definitely do a job for the short term.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I'd love him here, he's a much better player than someone like Flamini. According to La Parisien, PSG are going to sign Stambouli from Sp**s as a replacement for Motta.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I don't fail to understand that. I think you're going way over board with your Flamini bias as Topal is actual **** and won't be an upgrade regardless of 'best stats in Turkey'

We can do better.

Calypso_Boy

thiago motta would be the perfect signing and a great role model for guys like coquelin, zelalem, ramsey and wilshere.

Unlike arteta this guy is and was actaully a top player with valuable experiences to pass on. Arteta is just old but in terms of experiences he has very few of use.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

No mate, Miroslav Klose:cool::cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom