• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry: The King Stay The King

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Great article that. Anyway, I'm not bashing Thierry for his right to opinion. However, when bringing up Carra and Neville doing it week in and week out. Let me ask you, are they getting their coaching badges? Thierry has a deep connection to the club and the fans. I guarantee you if he continues to make comments as such, he will break trust with the club & its fans. He has to be more careful, especially if he wants a future with us.

Jae

Great article that. Anyway, I'm not bashing Thierry for his right to opinion. However, when bringing up Carra and Neville doing it week in and week out. Let me ask you, are they getting their coaching badges? Thierry has a deep connection to the club and the fans. I guarantee you if he continues to make comments as such, he will break trust with the club & its fans. He has to be more careful, especially if he wants a future with us.

Neville is the assistant manager for England and says things quite regularly about players in his squad at international level?

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Going by these responses you think people want Henry to be the Arsenal version of Micheal Owen as a pundit given the way he's been critised for giving his opinion that everyone isn't WC in their position here at AFC.

RAWK-esque uproar from his comments.

Reactions: Jae

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Neville is the assistant manager for England and says things quite regularly about players in his squad at international level?
Ray Lewington is the assignment m8, Gary works part time in fact Roy had urged him in the past to give up punditry to become a full time England coach. Point I'm making is Gary's analysis and insight isn't limited to the players in his squad. He's always well researched and gives a pretty neutral stance across the field, imo.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
“It’s even more difficult to dominate than before,” the Chelsea manager said. “How can you speak about domination when everyone knows what will happen next summer? Give to Arsenal four top-class players and I think they will again be the Invincibles. Man United have a phenomenal squad. They will invest hugely again in the summer. City have done phenomenally, winning two titles in three years, and people say they will invest hugely. Liverpool fighting for the title for many years. Next year it will be even more difficult for everyone.
Mourinho agrees with Henry.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Wenger on Thierry's comments:
“I think he’s wrong,” said Wenger. “I can accept that’s an opinion but the comment on Giroud was a bit more wrong. Especially because I heard the same thing being said about Nicolas Anelka, about Thierry Henry himself and about Robin Van Persie. And they all became world class players themselves. It doesn’t cost to say that.

“We know all the system now of the modern media, especially on TV. I know how it works. They push you to be controversial because they give you a lot of money. He’s paid for that.”

Asked if Henry would be banned from the club’s London Colney training ground, Wenger smiled and said: “No, but he has to pay to come in because he makes a lot of money.”

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lunacy. Giroud will be 29 in September and Anelka, Henry and van Persie were all identified as some of the most gifted young players in Europe when they were 22/23.

If you put Aguero in this team, you would stand a good chance of winning the league. It's Wenger's decision at the end of the day but that's why Mourinho keeps winning. Chelsea's strike force last season wasn't good enough to win the league and he bought Diego Costa. Imagine the destruction if we had Suarez with Özil and Cazorla feeding him through balls?

Yeah Henry went OTT about the way he expressed it but his point about the spine is valid. That's why Coquelin made such a big difference. The team with the best spine ALWAYS wins the league.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Lunacy. Giroud will be 29 in September and Anelka, Henry and van Persie were all identified as some of the most gifted young players in Europe when they were 22/23.

If you put Aguero in this team, you would stand a good chance of winning the league. It's Wenger's decision at the end of the day but that's why Mourinho keeps winning. Chelsea's strike force last season wasn't good enough to win the league and he bought Diego Costa. Imagine the destruction if we had Suarez with Özil and Cazorla feeding him through balls?

Yeah Henry went OTT about the way he expressed it but his point about the spine is valid. That's why Coquelin made such a big difference. The team with the best spine ALWAYS wins the league.

Not in 2002/2003:mad: . I don't think it is lunacy , we can win the league with Giroud up top . It's the firepower around him that's going to take us over the line .

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I can't believe Giroud holding us back is still a thing, it's ridiculous. His record since coming back from injury has been phenomenal. The Monaco game he had an off day, apart from that he's been excellent virtually every single game.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We could have won the league this year with better management. Too many costly errors from the top again, unfortunately. You can experiment to a degree over the course of the season, but Wenger treated the start like first week of pre-season training. If we start fixing things before they break, keep things simple tactically and add another quality D/CMF, then we can win the league with this bunch.

It'd obviously make things better if we got more quality in for the departing wasters. Ideally, we'd ship Welbeck and use the money to buy a striker that's a legitimate alternative to Giroud.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I can't believe Giroud holding us back is still a thing, it's ridiculous. His record since coming back from injury has been phenomenal. The Monaco game he had an off day, apart from that he's been excellent virtually every single game.

Too slow and not good enough a finisher, aside from his first touch goals.

Average player.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Its incredible, clubs around us win major stuff, then sign better players, while we win nothing and some of our fans are happy to stick.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Its incredible, clubs around us win major stuff, then sign better players, while we win nothing and some of our fans are happy to stick.
Well aren't you a ****ing optimist?
We're looking at a repeat of the FA cup & possibly our highest league finish since 04-05 and some of our fans still find reasons to complain.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Too slow and not good enough a finisher, aside from his first touch goals.

Average player.
Yup, one of the highest conversion rates for a striker in the league. One of the highest key passes by a striker. An average of goals per game only bettered by Aguero. Oh and one of the most aerial duels won by a striker and he's average. Troll.

Godwin1

Very well-known

We're a half season club, a lot of fans are happy when we do well in the second half of the season.

billyf

Giroud is not average but he's not the striker that will make the difference for us. We need someone better upfront, Henry is right.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom