• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry: The King Stay The King

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Why the **** did he take them over in the first place ffs.

He was working with Neville day in and day out. A guy who became a joke after he took over a shinking ship.. didn't it once occur to him that it might happen to him as well taking over a club in a similar situation to Neville's??

Lampard and Gerrard made the right moves by going to smaller clubs.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Didn't Fabregas only recently join? That's awkward.

Thierry needs to move on. He can still succeed as a coach, Monaco in a bit of a mess and it's not his fault.

He was brought in to fix the mess and he failed miserably. With the players and material at Monaco, he should have done better.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Lots of managers fail at their first jobs, and Monaco were terrible before he took them over too. However, what makes Titi look kinda bad here is that he appeared to wait for so long and was kinda picky in who he chose, as if he thought certain jobs were beneath him. He probably should have taken himself less seriously, stopped worrying about image, and if he really wanted to be a coach then he should've just taken the first job offered to him, however small the club.

If he still really wants to be a coach then he should jump right back in at the first opportunity, just go for it, probably in a league below.

HBL

Established Member
Massive shame. Should never have taken the job, was always going to be difficult and their squad is a mess. Lots of injuries didn't help either but I don't think he has applied himself particularly well, been picking fights ever since he got there.

Hopefully he gets another job if his heart is really set on management.

HBL

Established Member
I'd offer him a job as a forwards/attacking coach here, not sure he'd accept it but he seemed to do a good job with Lukaku for Belgium. Could be great for Auba, Laca and Nketiah.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Kind of reminds me of Brian Clough's ill-fated stint at Leeds, except that Thierry isn't one of the greatest managers ever (although possibly one of the worst). And to think, people were talking about him managing Arsenal (to which I always responded that he would be my last choice).

Bit embarrassing for the club reinstating Jardim.

I never understood what the hell they were thinking in the first place, either in sacking Jardim or hiring Thierry.

Reactions: Jae

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Man management at its finest. :lol:
I'd bet a healthy sum that the bench at any given club Harry Redknapp has managed, has heard a lot worse said about a player than what Henry is supposed to have said. Can you imagine? Loads of English managers say worse things than that. They are a bunch of french pussies though, so they probably took it terribly and all needed counselling or something. At the end of the day he got sacked because they couldn't win a game of football. But some ****bag comes out and leaks a nothing comment to stick the boot in.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He was brought in to fix the mess and he failed miserably. With the players and material at Monaco, he should have done better.
He had zero experience managing a club when he took the very difficult Monaco job. How can you say someone with zero experience managing a club 'should have done better' in that situation? You're basically saying anyone could have done better. Makes no sense at all. What was Jardims excuse before he left the mess?

Reactions: A_G

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You know the saying great players can't be great managers (because they get frustrated when the players can't do what they were easily able to), seems like that's spot on for Henry :lol:

Funny thing is Wenger had to do a fair bit of cosseting for him to even believe he could be a great striker. I remember him after we lost the FA cup to Pool calling for Arsenal to buy a fox in the box after he had missed chance after chance :lol:.

Think being a strikers coach suits him better .

Top Bottom