• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stim

01/21/2004. Real Madrid is reportedly closing in on Arsenal's Thierry Henry.

According to the Spanish media, David Dein (an Arsenal representative) was in Seville on the weekend meeting with Real Madrid officials over the French striker's future.

Real Madrid has offered 30 million euros along with striker José Antonio Reyes and is waiting for Arsenal's reply.

José Antonio Reyes is currently on loan at Sevilla.

Henry, who is on holidays for a week, has a tough decision ahead of him as Arsenal prepare to face Manchester United, Chelsea and Celta Vigo in the next three weeks.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/s7739.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/s7739.html</a>

Sounds strange really, i thought Reyes belonged to Sevilla.

Stupid move really, if it is even considered then Dein must be crazy. If he allows Henry to go, this will signal the end of Wenger, Paddy, etc as they will all also be off to Real.

laolu

Reyes is a Sevilla player

and even if he belonged to Real, that's a pretty stupid move

only 30 milliom euros???

patrick42uk

Established Member
listen, dein goes to spain so the press start guessing what he's doing there. he was at sevilla, but some how he managed to get to barcelona, sign kluivert, go back to sevilla, offer 20 million for reyes, then meet real madrid representatives and offer them henry in exchange for the same player he made a bid to another club for (reyes).

In other words, bullshit.

jc8gooner

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh nooooo. Our best player has been sold. I'm absolutley distraught. what shall we do. We will never recover. This time I think its for real.

er BULLSHIT.

lewdikris

Established Member
Prizes to Soccerage for the WORST piece of reporting of all time...

1. Reyes is not a Madrid player.

2. Reyes plus 30 million euros would not even come close to Titi's value.

3. Why would Dein fly all the way to Sevillle in southern spain to meet Madrid (Northern spain) officials?

4. We are playing none of United, Chelsea or Celta in the next three weeks.

Quite incredible really. A ten line story in which the only (possible) fact is that Dein went to Seville ....

Tossers.

laolu

lewdikris said:

3. Why would Dein fly all the way to Sevillle in southern spain to meet Madrid (Northern spain) officials?

Quite incredible really. A ten line story in which the only (possible) fact is that Dein went to Seville ....

Tossers.

wow, that's true. I didn't scrutinize it that much. Just saw it was **** and ...

arsenal4life

lewdikris said:

Tossers.

Absolutely right

even the fixture is Wrong

what a BULLSHIT report

quattro

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/foo ... es/8688414

Ironically, Dein's visit caused confusion in the Spanish media, and some reports claimed that he was there to meet Real Madrid president Florentino Perez about selling striker Thierry Henry, who was rested for last night's game.

Dein dismissed that story, saying: 'This is pure invention. The situation hasn't changed with regards to Thierry Henry and our attitude remains the same - hands off.'

get that through your thick skulls... stupid spanish tw*ts

thierrys_girl

Established Member
quattro said:
Dein dismissed that story, saying: 'This is pure invention. The situation hasn't changed with regards to Thierry Henry and our attitude remains the same - hands off.' [/i]

thats exactly what i wanted to hear :)

hands off our Henry real madrid :wink:

Feis-al

No he isn't and Madrid did try to sign him and he told them f**k of last summer. It's Madrid, Barca and Valencia who are all trying to sign the boy but he has his own preference. The other thing is, Never believe Wenger is signing someone for 20Quid without the New stadium and if at all it's Reyes we want, Wenger will wait for the kid to show interest in the club because it's loyalty and skill he would be interested in, Finito

JazzG

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Erm, Reyes IS a Madrid player. They own his registration but he's on 'loan' at Sevilla.

Nope he is a Sevilla player, he was brought through their youth system but I would guess R.Madrid have tried to sign him in the past.

I see soccerage have taken the story down now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom