• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester

Established Member
Tegh said:
I think so too, and I think if Henry were to leave, Cole would also leave.

As it happens, if Henry is staying, I fully expect Cole to put pen to paper.

and a big name signing? henry would only stay if we match his ambitions, not just this season, but next, and this season we were'nt good enough, and it'd take something special for him to stay and compete with chelsea. or am i just too optimistic?

nazo

Established Member
jester said:
Tegh said:
Two different links, both saying the same thing.
Bonza! Looks like he's going to stay. :D

tegh, being a man of wisdom answer me this, because i cant decide:

lets assume henry stays for 'unfinished business' and is staying so he can win the champs league and build a dynasty thereafter (meaning if he wins it next year he'll still stay). whereas if he won it last night he'd be finished and would leave. what would you prefere?

i'm leaning towards him staying, as it means we could win the champs league more times, and better chance in premiership

Sorry for bumping in, i'm not the smartest guy but here's my bit:
I would rather have the blessing in disguise-like situation.
Losing yesterday but keeping Henry to win us even more things in years to come.

I'm with that.
If it actually does happen, all the pain from yesterday would be filled with joy. Btw, i just read a article that said something about Cole thinking of staying as well. It's all filling up now.

nazo

Established Member
jester said:
Tegh said:
I think so too, and I think if Henry were to leave, Cole would also leave.

As it happens, if Henry is staying, I fully expect Cole to put pen to paper.

and a big name signing? henry would only stay if we match his ambitions, not just this season, but next, and this season we were'nt good enough, and it'd take something special for him to stay and compete with chelsea. or am i just too optimistic?

Somewhere in the discussions, Henry would've obviously asked for more ambition in the transfer window. All we have to hope for is Wenger pulling some more players out from behind the curtain.

jester

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Sorry for bumping in, i'm not the smartest guy but here's my bit:
I would rather have the blessing in disguise-like situation.
Losing yesterday but keeping Henry to win us even more things in years to come.

I'm with that.
If it actually does happen, all the pain from yesterday would be filled with joy. Btw, i just read a article that said something about Cole thinking of staying as well. It's all filling up now.

maybe its the same with cole. if we won cole would think 'thats it, i won everything with arsenal, i'm off now'. but what with the youngsters like cesc, and the stadium, and henry staying, all of a sudden things look bright again

Tegh

Established Member
Perhaps Wenger has told Henry who he plans to sign?
I'm sure Henry and Wenger know we need one or two signings to compete with Chelsea next season, unless Theo is some sort of Pele/Rooney talent. Either way, we need strengthening to perform better in the EPL, injuries or no injuries we haven't played to the best of our ability.

I sincerely hope this is the case, we all know one or two established signings are required, and having Henry and Cole stay at the club gives us a lot of pull and appeal to World Class players.

It's not like we're going to be skint this Summer either.

jester

Established Member
bluenaz said:
famous no 10 said:
...and to top it all, Cygan is going to sign for another 3 years.

Sorted!

Where is this guy anyways?
I've missed him.

he was filling in on 'the crystal maze'

saw him in the highbury parade for the first time in ages. he'll go down as a club legend

famous no 10

Established Member
jester said:
bluenaz said:
famous no 10 said:

Sorted!

I've missed him.

saw him in the highbury parade for the first time in ages. he'll go down as a club legend

Actually, taking the piss and that, but the guys had a hard time from us...he' not a bad player really.

I still think we could get around 10m from real for him. :wink:

el jefe

For the first time since Wednesday night, I have finally lost that sick feeling in my stomach. Go Gunners!

jester

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
jester said:
bluenaz said:
famous no 10 said:

Sorted!

I've missed him.

Actually, taking the piss and that, but the guys had a hard time from us...he' not a bad player really.

I still think we could get around 10m from real for him. :wink:

i know! he's a good guy, he gets undeserevd stick from us

el jefe

jester said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006230142,00.html
Although not known for its voracity, the Sun's word is gospel since they have a contract with Titi.

YourFriendPaul

jester said:
same here, but i'm pretty sure had we won last night we would be saying goodbye to him. it could work out so much better this way

After they way that game went, even if we had won it- I think Thierry might have still have ruled out Barca simply on principal. Plus, all negative aspects aside- we tore it up for 70+ minutes with ten men, and our #2 keeper. I'm sure he noticed that.. He seems genuinely proud of his squad (which he can truly call 'his', as captain..).

Besides- why on Earth you would win the cup, and then join the side that you just defeated? That's a premise I've never quite followed.. But hey, if losing means he stays to fight another day- I'm all for it. He might be a sulking, moody perfectionist- bet he's OUR sulking, moody perfectionist!

nazo

Established Member
jester said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006230142,00.html

Never in my entire life will i would believe the sun. Not that i don't think Henry isn't going to stay but i will never believe the idiots.

Henry, 28, exclusively told SunSport last night: “I hope to stay for as long as I can keep running.

Why would he exclusively talk to THE SUN out of all the papers? :lol:

awooga83

Established Member
Looking very positive and it actually does make me feel better with reguards the loss, its almost as if a weight has lifted, i just hope it is true, some official confirmation would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom