• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry: The King Stay The King

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The amount of idiots slagging off our greatest ever striker. Our fans are making this club a joke

This.
They're just doing their job tbf. If they want to succeed as pundits they have to say things to create some buzz.

I don't take them seriously.
When Ian Wright criticize Arsenal & Wenger it has more impact than if it was another pundit. It creates more clicks/tweets and so on.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I love Thierry, I really do. As a player. That's it. He is not a good communicator and doesn't seem capable of articulating himself clearly and succinctly. One could argue that he is speaking in his non native language but I'd say that he simply feels the pressure to say something and therefore doesn't really think about the point he's trying to make before he speaks.

Take his comments about Ox and "I don't know what he's good at". I feel like the point he was trying to make is that Ox did not really establish himself in a set position and get a consistent run of games there. But that is not what he said. Thierry should know himself that if a coach wants to play you out of position as a youngster all you can do is try your best. This was on Wenger.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...t-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-can-do-at-liverpool

I don't blame Ox for clapping back. Theirry played with him and saw him in training every day. He is clearly no slouch when in comes to dribbling, pace, passing range, power and crossing but his issue was putting it together consistently. There is nothing constructive in Henry's assessment - just platitudes.

This is why I'm not overly keen on the idea of having ex legends return as coaches. They have a certain arrogance and getting your coaching badges doesn't make you an effective leader.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
This is why I'm not overly keen on the idea of having ex legends return as coaches. They have a certain arrogance and getting your coaching badges doesn't make you an effective leader.

There are more cases supporting that than not.
Recently AC Milan had a host of their former players fail in quick succession. Seedorf, Pippo and Gattuso will probably follow suit this or next season.

Don't forget the disaster of Shearer sending Newcastle down with kindergarten tactics.

On our case Adams has been a failure wherever he managed, while on all the cases where Wenger had a touchline ban, Bould seemed to have little experience in adapting to the role.

Jae

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he doesn't say anything negative about us he get accused of being biased.

People getting on his back for sounding our team out, he hasn't said anything that isn't true and if we weren't so horrendous he wouldn't have anything to say. :lol:

Not a single player from this current squad would of been fit to shine his boots back in the day.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Am I the only one that doesn’t give a sh1t he didn’t go yesterday?

People on Twitter are talking about pulling down his statue and ranting about the ONE chance he missed in the CL final.

I remember Henry turning water into wine in front of my eyes, week in week out, until we all took it for granted.

Maybe him and Wenger simply don’t get on, maybe the (misjudged) thinking was he would have been a distraction from the celebration. We simply don’t know what was going on in the background. What about all the other missing players yesterday? Meh.

IslingtonBornandbred

Nobody knows the terms of his contract or what he was offered or asked to do by Sky. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.

If anything, I was disappointed by the lack of ex players there and the lack of engagement with the ones who were there from the stadium announcer and media team. They were just hovering by the tunnel and the stadium screen showed a couple of them for a few seconds but there was nothing formal or announced over the speaker about them being there or who was there.

I don't know why Henry get's such a rough ride. It wasn't Wenger's testimonial, and if the club wanted to give Wenger a proper testimonial then I'm sure more would turn out. The ex players thing was a bit half hearted, I mean who was there....Kanu, Pires, Freddie, Keown, Campbell, Lauren and Aliadiere. No Bergkamp, Vieira, Dixon, Adams, Seaman, Winterburn. I don't know why they limited it to the 100 club apparently but there were more that could have been there like Wright, Parlour, Overmars, Wiltord, Edu, Gilberto, Toure.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Nobody knows the terms of his contract or what he was offered or asked to do by Sky. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.

If anything, I was disappointed by the lack of ex players there and the lack of engagement with the ones who were there from the stadium announcer and media team. They were just hovering by the tunnel and the stadium screen showed a couple of them for a few seconds but there was nothing formal or announced over the speaker about them being there or who was there.

I don't know why Henry get's such a rough ride. It wasn't Wenger's testimonial, and if the club wanted to give Wenger a proper testimonial then I'm sure more would turn out. The ex players thing was a bit half hearted, I mean who was there....Kanu, Pires, Freddie, Keown, Campbell, Lauren and Aliadiere. No Bergkamp, Vieira, Dixon, Adams, Seaman, Winterburn. I don't know why they limited it to the 100 club apparently but there were more that could have been there like Wright, Parlour, Overmars, Wiltord, Edu, Gilberto, Toure.

Guess it was done in a way so that the focus was on Wenger rather than it being about the players.

Gallas and Petit were there yesterday although didn't notice any pictures with them at pitch side so maybe the case for other former players.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

If there's is one thing they're good at at the Emirates it's not creating an atmosphere.

Though I have to say I'm glad they didn't decide to make a cringy Wenger song like in the Manchester City celebration
It could have been so much worse. At least yesterday was classy and modest like the man himself.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Guess it was done in a way so that the focus was on Wenger rather than it being about the players.

Gallas and Petit were there yesterday although didn't notice any pictures with them at pitch side so maybe the case for other former players.
in these situation we rarely know what goes on off the pitch - there may have been a slap-up lunch/dinner involving Wenger and the ex players, for instance

I doubt very much he was left to go home alone

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Just like Wenger told him to some time back. He's realising that it wasn't illogical.

Anyway, best of luck to him! Hopefully, we won't have the idiot Gooners from Twitter who think Henry's a traitor for not attending the final game, and then also a traitor to France for attending Belgium's parade, considering he was AM.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I hope Henry and Vieira get the experience they need and manage us one day. Pires seems to be more of a coach but he's another along with Freddie that I'd love to see in a more prominent role. Bon chance Titi.

Last edited:
Top Bottom