• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenkbc2

NYRB was the only sumbling block. So, its now a done deal..just need to sign on the dotted line..

I wonder if we can squeeze him into the Fulham match, even for a few minutes, after our front 6 have run them to the ground physically for 75 minutes.

mo50

Established Member
kenkbc2 said:
NYRB was the only sumbling block. So, its now a done deal..just need to sign on the dotted line..

I wonder if we can squeeze him into the Fulham match, even for a few minutes, after our front 6 have run them to the ground physically for 75 minutes.

This was at the end of the article linked by Arai:

The agreement between New York and Arsenal for Henry should be finalized by Sunday. If so, Henry, who’s been training with the Gunners during the MLS offseason, would be available to take the field as soon as Jan. 2 against US international Clint Dempsey and Fulham in a crosstown matchup. Henry would rejoin New York by Feb. 20, in time for the team’s preseason training camp in Arizona.

So yes, he should be available against Fulham, but Wenger mentioned it would take around 2 more weeks before he's fully fit, so I don't expect to see him until the FA cup.

dpt49

Established Member
He hasn't played in this league for years.
Putting him in the team should be a last resort.
I can't believe after todays game Wenger thinks Henry is the answer to our problems.
I just hope he doesn't think we have enough defenders

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
dpt49 said:
Clrnc said:
Funny some people are unhappy with this. See no reason why as to
I'll only be unhappy with this if it is our only signing.
It is just papering over the cracks.
If Henry is only here while Chamakh and Gervinho are at the ACN then we still need to replace Chamakh when he gets back.

How a club of our stature has tolerated a player like Chamakh for so long I don't know.

This is like Denilson all over again.
Why doesn't Wenger learn?
Unless we clear out our players, its always hard to sign because of the squad limit. Plus its no exactly easy in January either. Few clubs want to sign and you don't want to miss out on your primary target in the summer by signing a stop gap now too.

mistaT

Established Member
How does this solve our need for a RVP back up from March to the end of the season though?

Surely if RVP is already in the red zone, by then he'll be deep deep into it?

mo50

Established Member
@ Mista, It doesn't. This signing only covers the departures of Gervinho and Chamakh to the ACN. We still need firepower on a more permanent basis. Watching Walcott/Gervinho miss chance after chance is extremely frustrating. Any other quality attacker would have scored 15 goals by now.

Our best hope is Chamberlain to grab his chance with both hands and start putting in some blinders, which given his age and lack of experience/physicality, is unlikely.

I reckon this signing will be a stroke of genius. It'll give the entire team a lift and if he can chip in with a few goals it would have been well worth it

VancouverCanuck

@mo50, I was thinking about the same thing when watching yesterday's match. Henry has probably lost some of his pace, but his goalscoring instinct should still be there.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I wonder if this is it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenal-news.com/thierry-henry-in-insurance-smokescreen-by-arsenal-fc/2110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenal-news.com/thierry-henry-i ... al-fc/2110</a>

Thierry Henry In Insurance Smokescreen By Arsenal FC!
Published By Danny Griffiths On Friday, January 6th 2012.Tags: arsenal, Arsène Wenger, New York Red Bulls, Thierry Henry

Well as the old saying goes ‘please don’t shoot the messenger’, but it seems according to inside information from inside the club – for obvious reasons I cannot disclose the actual source except to say this source is close within the club, and it seems that all is not as it seemed in regards to the story of the club awaiting on the insurance to be dealt with, between Henry’s parent club New York Red Bulls and Arsenal, as i have found out in the last hour.

It actually appears that, the insurance story, has been provided as a cover up to hide the fact that Thierry Henry has actually picked up a thigh strain whilst training, and the club are actually awaiting the analysis of this strain, and if it means that he is ruled out for a couple of weeks, the deal is off.

So first of Arsène Wenger signs Thierry Henry, as an obvious smokescreen to keep the fans happy, as a lot of people have worked out already, we will not be buying anybody this transfer window, then they concoct this elaborate story regarding the insurance with Thierry Henry and New York Red Bulls – for those with a bit of clarity think outside the box for a moment, why has it taken all week so far to deal with the insurance, when Henry is expected to be playing against Leeds United on Monday in the FA Cup third round – starting to look a bit obvious now, and now it looks like that ploy may very well have backfired on Arsène Wenger and the board.

I will try to keep you as updated as I can n the situation, hopefully the strain is not to bad that he is able to start against Leeds United, but the fact that the club have remained quiet about this, doesn’t exactly fill one with hope, and makes you wonder can you actually believe anything the board of our great club tell us anymore?

Finnish_Gooner

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/41432/henry-signs-short-term-deal-with-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... th-arsenal</a>

Done :)

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
128785701663939560.jpg

To all the doubters in this topic.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
blaze_of_glory said:
i think we're all hoping for rumours of a permanent move to start up...

You bastard.

Butterflies about a player for the first time in ages. Don't do it again :cry:

blaze_of_glory

lol I've already convinced myself its gonna happen. I realize its just going to cause heartbreak but I don't care. Living in dreamland for 6 weeks sounds pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom