• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Hitzlsperger

qs

Established Member
Denilson is exactly the sort of player who we should have as squad depth, he's able to come in and do a solid if unspectacular job. And at his age thats pretty impressive as he is still improving.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The only problem I have with Hitzlsperer is that i'm not sure that he is significantly better than any of Song, Denilson or Diaby. We have consistency (although i doubt his influence on matches) already with denilson, Pressence with both Song and Diaby so what is Hitzlsperger actually adding? Wouldn't be a bad signing but would be underwhelming. The ideal situation would be for a player of Hitzlspergers age or older to come in and instantly improve us. This player could then be paired with cesc and have squad players (denilson, Diaby, Song, ramsey) ready to come in and rotate. Marcos senna would be ideal but that idea is fantasy!

progman07

Established Member
qs said:
Denilson is exactly the sort of player who we should have as squad depth, he's able to come in and do a solid if unspectacular job. And at his age thats pretty impressive as he is still improving.
True. He almost always does a decent job, not better, but very rarely worse.

Endris

Klaus Daimler said:
Co-signed. But hey, I haven't watched every single game Stuttgart has played this season due to some very curious (and in a lot of ways, scary) mancrush on Lehmann, so what do I know?

Polemic, stupid and childish but yes, you are right, you know **** about him because you have probably watched him play in the league 5-6 times per season and thus can't judge him a bit and yet again you act as if you know the player and your opinion based on very thin information is the one and only truth. So yes, what do you know? Not much apparently if you think Hitzl would be any sort of improvement even for the squad.

And qs keeps on claiming that Hitzl got leadership qualities. Where the heck does he got this nonsense from? :lol:

Has anyone watched him play in every game this season? No. Then don't pretend you know how good or bad he is. I've got no reason to bash the guy. I even like him! He's just not a good player for two thirds of the season, even rubbish sometimes and he is not a good captain and he is not good enough for Arsenal, not even for the bench (and why would he want to sit on the bench anyway?). That's all.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Endris said:
Polemic, stupid and childish but yes, you are right, you know s**t about him because you have probably watched him play in the league 5-6 times per season and thus can't judge him a bit and yet again you act as if you know the player and your opinion based on very thin information is the one and only truth. So yes, what do you know? Not much apparently if you think Hitzl would be any sort of improvement even for the squad.
I've no wish to continue this childish conversation but just to clearify, I'm not the one acting like my opinion is the one truth here. I merely expressed my view (which is based on seeing Stuttgart performing during the course of not just one but three seasons), others - like Clrnc - disagreed and I'm fine with that. You were the one who started calling people names and insulting them because they didn't agree with you. I think it's petty.

taylor314gh

Klaus Daimler said:
Endris said:
Polemic, stupid and childish but yes, you are right, you know s**t about him because you have probably watched him play in the league 5-6 times per season and thus can't judge him a bit and yet again you act as if you know the player and your opinion based on very thin information is the one and only truth. So yes, what do you know? Not much apparently if you think Hitzl would be any sort of improvement even for the squad.
I've no wish to continue this childish conversation but just to clearify, I'm not the one acting like my opinion is the one truth here. I merely expressed my view (which is based on seeing Stuttgart performing during the course of not just one but three seasons), others - like Clrnc - disagreed and I'm fine with that. You were the one who started calling people names and insulting them because they didn't agree with you. I think it's petty.

agreed klaus.

opinions are like ass holes, everybody has one. Lets just agree to disagree here, and stop the childish name calling. We get that you don't like him endris, now get on with you life. If we sign him, then I hope he is better than the cover we have at the moment.

kamikaze80

Established Member
thats the point, we dont need cover, we need a top starting CM. given that, i feel pretty comfortable saying if a guys not obviously extremely good, then he's not the guy for us.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Like Kamikaze said, we don't need mediocre players who aren't going to take us to the next level. We already have Denilson, Song and Diaby who would act in that capacity. We need a unanimous starter in DM who would be a significant improvement over our current options, signing Hitzlsperger would be maintaining status quo.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
not really outlaw, can we rely on Diaby to perform? Theres no point lumping in Denilson Song and Diaby..yes theyre CM but they are completely different player.

Song is a defensive player, certainly not a creator. Diaby is best suited to an AM role, while Denilson seems more like backup for Fabregas than a partner for him.

If Song maintains his form from the end of the season he's arguably a better option than most of the players available in our price range to be honest. But if he's injured we dont really have cover for the role he plays. Im not saying Hitz is such a player, just pointing out that squad depth still is a factor in CM

outlaw_member

Established Member
As a 4th or 5th choice CM, we wouldn't be relying on Diaby to perform. Signing a decent CM ensures that Song, Denilson and Diaby won't have to significantly exceed their current levels in order to warrant a start. The more average players you have in your squad, the more opportunities you will be affording to those who aren't particularly ready for it, simply because your first choice options won't be consistently doing the job you require. On the other hand, a top quality player will reduce the chances given to the younger players, which in turns mean that the youngsters won't be able to make a detrimental or positive impact in the team. Surely, the latter is what we should be striving for, and signing Hitzlsperger won't help us achieve that.

Look at Denilson as an example, he wasn't good enough as a starter, so both Diaby and Song were given chances when available, even though they all aren't good enough to be first team players. If we had Flamini starting instead, than the trio wouldn't have had anywhere near as many games in the first team. Signing Hitzlsperger will mean that the trio will continue getting more playing time in the first team. Conversely, if we signed say Lorik Cana, than our reliance on Song, Denilson and Diaby would be largely reduced.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
alboots101 said:
surely he`s worth it for the name alone....Hitzelsperger.....

Do the club shop charge shirt names and numbers based on how many letters are in the name? If yes then we could make a bucket on Hitzlsperger sales! Not very sold on the idea of this signing but it is better than nothing and if he is consistent in doing his job then he could be a very apt signing. With melo now looking unlikely, Cana not being flavour of the month perhaps we do need to become more realistic with our targets.

qs

Established Member
Endris said:
Has anyone watched him play in every game this season? No. Then don't pretend you know how good or bad he is.

Oh shut up. So we haven't watched every game he's every played, I've seen enough to know he's better than Diaby and frankly for the prices talked about thats enough of a good reason to sign him.

asajoseph

Established Member
With Melo, the apparent most likely target, signing a contract, we enter that period of uncertainty whilst no realistic links exist to players we need. In that vacuum though, Hitz nevertheless feels a little bit underwhelming.

We don't need a player to be better than Diaby, we need a player to be better than Denilson. We won't be any more likely win anything with 4 average-cum-mediocre partners for Fabregas than we were with three.

Lord Dula

Established Member
sod it - i'll put meself through a series of training montages learn to clatter people like Cana, 'n put meself forward for the DM/box to box midfield role

Hell I'll even braid my hair, continually bang on about how I really would like to play for Barca some day, and I'll change my name to Vincenzo Del Longschanks - hows that sound?

Good in your ear right?

fabo

6.51 / 10
God not this guy again - is it just me or does he look overweight on TV. He's also lacks mobility and IMO would be a pointless signing. We don't need squad players, we need someone who can hold down a place permanently and give the midfield the steel it needs.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom