• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I used to be a big fan but I will take a hard pass on Lemar now. He has been out of form for too long and that should be a major concern if not a red flag. I don't think we can engage on that sort of rehabilitation project at this stage. Too risky.

I’d take a loan with option to buy. He’s been a complete bust of a signing but you look at his breakout year with Monaco compared to the following seasons where he’s struggled and I think he’s had problems with the change of system.

In 2016/17 you’d often see him playing in the left channel with Mendy pinned high up the pitch on the byline.

Lemar would often underlap or use the width provided by Mendy’s positioning to either cross and dictate attacks from the channel.

Once Mendy left, Jorge couldn’t offer anywhere near the same threat and since he’s come to Atletico he was often used ahead of Lucas Hernandez who wasn’t a very dangerous attacking full back.

This year they’ve used Lodi who looks good but even he is very restricted in terms of attacking freedom. Considering how Arteta has shown he likes to use his LB as an attacking outlet, I think Kolašinac and potentially Tierney would be exactly what he’s been missing out on these past few years.

Gunner-Union

I’d take a loan with option to buy. He’s been a complete bust of a signing but you look at his breakout year with Monaco compared to the following seasons where he’s struggled and I think he’s had problems with the change of system.

In 2016/17 you’d often see him playing in the left channel with Mendy pinned high up the pitch on the byline.

Lemar would often underlap or use the width provided by Mendy’s positioning to either cross and dictate attacks from the channel.

Once Mendy left, Jorge couldn’t offer anywhere near the same threat and since he’s come to Atletico he was often used ahead of Lucas Hernandez who wasn’t a very dangerous attacking full back.

This year they’ve used Lodi who looks good but even he is very restricted in terms of attacking freedom. Considering how Arteta has shown he likes to use his LB as an attacking outlet, I think Kolašinac and potentially Tierney would be exactly what he’s been missing out on these past few years.

does he have the pace and needed to beat prem fullbacks? Ihave not seen much of lemar in quite a while

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

does he have the pace and needed to beat prem fullbacks? Ihave not seen much of lemar in quite a while

Speed isn’t the key part of his game imo, he’s got a wand of a left foot and he’s good at short and long passing.

He does have a decent burst of acceleration but he’s not really much of a pace merchant.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not that kind of player. He is a left midfielder who tucks in and plays between the lines. If you have an offensive full back he is a very useful player.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Speed isn’t the key part of his game imo, he’s got a wand of a left foot and he’s good at short and long passing.

He does have a decent burst of acceleration but he’s not really much of a pace merchant.

I like his technique level. It would come out more in PL I believe, especially if he had our left fullbacks who make runs. Xhaka dropping deep to cover for fullback would also do Lemar well and our overall possesion football.

Not advocating to go for him, but I rate him highly, still, and PL is where he would thrive more I think

Vantastico

He is not world class because he doesn't have that little bit extra about him (pace nor skillwise). The Lacazette of wingers, if you will.

But like others have said, with our overlapping left-backs I can envision him operating well for us like he did with Mendy at Monaco.

Would not mind a cheeky swap-deal for Lacazette either, since we have Auba and Nketiah as other options at striker, opposed to just Saka and Martinelli on the left wing. Martinelli can easily shift down to the middle as well, obviously.

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Haven't seen Lemar play since his monaco days, just rewatched some highlights of him and forgot how silky smooth this geezer is! And why 2 years ago Wenger was will to splash out £90m if we sold Sanchez to City.

He's technically exceptional I can see him fitting in similarly to Bernado Silva. A.Madrid picked him up for 60m Euros, considering the fact that he is out of favour and surplus requirements there we need to pick him up around the £40m-£45m mark. I wouldn't want to pay him anymore than that for him, as we we have pressing issues elsewhere.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Could also be the time to pick up a young player who has lost his way. If it was on the cheaper side I'd take a punt. I'd rather other positions and other signings first though.

May be but this is not a risk I would take at over 50 M. Atletico paid over 72 M fir him and will not let him leave for less than 5o. I would take a punt on that.
I know a lot of you have mentioned his days at Monaco, I was a huge fan then as well. He is the shadow of that player though.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Not a bad player just because he was a bad fit at Atletico. Imo Monacos best player 2016/17. Would definitely take him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If he’s smart he should come here, he’s played the best football of his career in a role similar to how he’d be deployed under Arteta.

We have two very attacking left backs in our squad who can provide the width to give him the space he needs while Sp**s have Ben Davies and Danny Rose :lol:

They have Sessegnon as well of course but he likes to take up similar positions to Lemar.

Vantastico

Slow AF. The Lacazette of wingers.

Thanks, but no thanks.
I literally edited my post above yours to say this, before I had seen you saying the exact same thing.

But yes. Both a little small and overweight. Average pace, with good finishing (albeit one footed). Lemar I think has better technique though.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
IF (imo hopefully not) we are indeed interested and we are going head to head with Sp**s with a similar financial offer, they don't stand a chance at all.

Lemar and Laca are like best mates - he'd never choose Sp**s over us.

Top Bottom