<

Thomas Lemar

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Fouz, May 11, 2017.

1. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Mari & Lemar in, Mustafi & Laca out! 6 days left for dreams to come true!

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  2. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Laca will be staying if his fan boy Lemar comes in. In many ways, Laca is being forced to do too much in this team. Bu having players who can 1. Manipulate the ball and 2. Drive with it, it should put less pressure on Laca to be doing doggies all game trying to win the ball back in our own half.

A front 4 of Lemar, Martinelli, Pepe and Laca actually has a lot going for it. You could even make it a 3 and drop one of the latter 3 to make us better in possession.

3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

4. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Club’s desperate to get rid of him fwiw.

No chance we get Cavani over the line otherwise and striker is the biggest need atm with Felix struggling badly.

Tourbillion and American_Gooner like this.
  5. truth_hurts

Atletico being desperate to shift Lemar helps us as a buying or loaning club to be honest. I still don't see his signing as particularly likely though.

Rex Banter likes this.
  6. Vantastico

Vantastico Well-Known Member

He could get in the way of Reiss, Saka, and Martinelli's development, whom I rate much higher than him, not in the least part because they are also pretty much guaranteed to play here for years to come.

Don't see much of a role for him besides LW either. So, probably a pass.

7. truth_hurts

Interesting, the best of Lemar trumps anything any of these players have shown in my opinion. He's very different to Martinelli though.

Saka can play LW or LB, Nelson can play on either wing or centrally, Lemar can play left or central, Martinelli can play either wing or CF. No reason why Lemar has to signal the end for any of these youngsters.

nas7232, tap-in, Arson Finger and 3 others like this.
  8. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Very comfortable about this, if it happens it should be on our terms

9. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I'm pretty confident Laca will be out in the summer regardless of who comes in. Why bother giving him another season to prove he's not what we need at CF. Not sure who would come in for him though, may be stuck with him until end of his contract.

10. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

Not sure how you can't see Lemar being a part of the midfield in a 4-3-3. He's tailor made for such a role as long as he has a solid defensive midfielder behind him.

Vantastico likes this.
  11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Doesn't Consider Wenger a Legend

Finding strikers is hard and expensive, and we’re losing Auba anyway, so I don’t think Laca will be leaving.

Steev10 and Sanchez11 like this.
  12. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

As frustrating as Laca has been, I'm fine with him staying if Auba is to leave - provided that we see Martinelli as a CF long-term. If Martinelli is seen as a LW, a young, relatively cheaper CF signing is a must. Wouldn't mind someone like Odsonne Edouard from Celtic.

13. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

14. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

I don't think we are in for him at all.

15. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Dont know what you've seen in Nelson but hes been brutal this season. Martinelli and Saka have performed much better than him with a huge difference. Nelson has been poor and should be the most developed.

16. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Unknown Member

Rule of thumb with Mexican is if it doesn’t give you diarrhoea it wasn’t authentic.

Strangely, I also had diarrhoea after spending the night with a Mexican woman in 2017. I believe this was largely unrelated however as no food was consumed

neimad and truth_hurts like this.
  17. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Is this a forum to talk about Arsenal or a forum to talk ****e?

254Giant, Riou, Tourbillion and 3 others like this.
  18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Doesn't Consider Wenger a Legend

On one of your American trips? Don’t get them here.

19. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

Further, all Mex is not equal. TexMex is warm garbage. Ideally, proper Mexican food is made by a five foot 200 lb woman with a healthy mustache. If a flour tortilla is involved, run.

20. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Unknown Member

Was in London dude, she was going to uni at UCL. She didn’t look Mexican at all so I was surprised when I found out