• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Meunier

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I honestly couldn't tell you about how good he is. But when I watch the likes of City, Liverpool, Barca and what not, there full backs are vital to the attack and technically very good footballers which we lack massively.

If he has quality then i'd happily see him over Bellerin.

Yeah, but maybe not go for average to solid castouts from top clubs. And PSG arguably have the worst set of fullbacks of those big clubs.

Liverpool, Barca, Real, Bayern, City don't go for players like that. We shouldn't either.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If the reports about our budget is true, there’s no way we are spending so much for a back up rb..

It would if we move to 4 at the back. Meunier comes in at RB, we buy 1 top cb (with the Chambers and Mustafi money) as we arguably only need somebody to partner Sokratis with Kos and Holding as back up (with Monreal in reserve) and Bellerin becomes an option further forward.

I'm not saying Meunier is the answer but I'd rather spend in defensive areas.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, but maybe not go for average to solid castouts from top clubs. And PSG arguably have the worst set of fullbacks of those big clubs.

Liverpool, Barca, Real, Bayern, City don't go for players like that. We shouldn't either.

Like I say mate I don't know if he's good enough. But currently castaways might be our best option. :lol:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I haven't been watching him lately, but I remember he's not very quick and would probably get dusted in games where he's facing pacy wingers.
He probably wouldn't come at a reasonable price and there are probably more efficient options out there.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He's a decent player.
It could be a good aquisition depending on the price. If he is available for cheap then he might be a very good number 2.

But 20/30M is way too much for him.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely criminal to go for such a mediocre right back , at such an exorbitant price no less, when we have other more pressing areas to address first.

This would prove the further incompetence of the board & our manager's lack of foresight in targeting the signings that might actually take us forward.

August 8th can't come soon enough.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
3-4 months into the new season " Why the hell didn't they buy a new rb in the summer???"

You can say that about almost every position. Don’t see the point in spending a big chunk of our transfer budget on a soon to be 28 year old right back.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
There is no way in hell PSG are getting anything close to the price quoted by Paris United.
They're just giving big numbers to make their fanbase happy, since PSG has to sell before buying this summer.

But he isn't a starter anymore for them and he's going to be on the last year of his contract.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
You can say that about almost every position. Don’t see the point in spending a big chunk of our transfer budget on a soon to be 28 year old right back.
I don't fancy him either, but I think we should look for a new RB considering Bellerin is very suspect defensively and so is AMN when playing there. We need someone like Sagna again, who you don't have to worry about getting turned upside down or getting caught too far up the pitch.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Isn’t this guy more of a wingback than a natural RB, similar to Kolasinac?
I hope this doesn’t mean that we’re continuing with 5atb and Kola next season.
Knew it
Denzel-Washington-Drinking.gif

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
A back five is the best formation for Emeryball since his team needs to be set up with 10 defensive players.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
**** posting aside, Bellerin was almost just as bad as Kolasinac defensively and that was pre-injury. Who knows in what state he is going to come back.

Getting this average grifter in would probably be just as effective as getting a new LB.

say yes

forum master baiter
He's a decent player.
It could be a good aquisition depending on the price. If he is available for cheap then he might be a very good number 2.

But 20/30M is way too much for him.

Yep I actually think this could be a very smart signing if we can get him at a good price.

Decent RB backup to Bellerin and can also play RW which is important given the lack of natural width in the squad. Kills 2 birds with one stone and leaves the majority of our budget to spend on a LB, CB and first choice winger. Price needs to be much lower than what we’ve seen quoted so far though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

so we are ready to spend 20-30M on guy that no better than Bellerin i don't understand this club. i would spend 20-30M on wide player.
The bit about the 'definitive yes' is important, this guy was holding off on a move to Everton because he was waiting to see if United would come back in for him. I wouldn't want to sign a guy who has his heart set on a move to a rival.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The bit about the 'definitive yes' is important, this guy was holding off on a move to Everton because he was waiting to see if United would come back in for him. I wouldn't want to sign a guy who has his heart set on a move to a rival.
is he manutd fan? Manutd want him too maybe that's why he waiting

Latest posts

Top Bottom