• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Meunier

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Team will be built around Kolasinac and Meunier.

Good news, Emery always had depth and quality at fullbacks.

Emery identified Bellerin as our weak link defensively ( which has been glaring obvious the past several seasons to anyone with any footy nous). Brings in an upgrade that played under him before that he trusts. Much to the dismay of the fat vegan's fan girls.

Last edited:

HomeSteak

Established Member
Good news, Emery always had depth and quality at fullbacks.

Emery identified Bellerin as our weak link defensively ( which has been glaring obvious the past several seasons to anyone with any footy nous). Brings i an upgrade that played under him before that he trusts. Much to the dismay of the fat vegan's fan girls.

The only problem is that Meunier is **** defensivley also.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't really want this guy to be honest. I'm sure there's other RBs we can sign for cheaper as back-up. I don't mind the idea of bringing in an RB because I don't want AMN playing there but Meunier for £20m+ sounds like a terrible idea.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Sounds like a John O Shea type defender, solid - good pass - strong on the ball - dependable - good positioning. Not particularly quick but a 7/10 player nearly every time, wont win you a match by himself but lets the team win games a s a unit, what we need right now is a dependable backline and with Bellerin's recent injury record it would be good to have a solid defender to rotate him with for the less important matches.

After seeing us destroyed so many times down that flank id be delighted to have him when Bellerin isnt an option. We need a strong and consistent defence and we cant have that if as soon as we lose one player we're completely exposed. 20m is a bit much but we have plenty of deadwood to ship and if it stops us being destroyed down the right flank its a decent expense.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
as someone who havent watched him much lately, I do wonder if he can play other positions?
he has experience and height, maybe RCB in 3 man D is an option?
could he, did he ever, play LB?

Don't like the idea of pushing Bellerin up the pitch one bit. terrible idea

Zaza

We are lacking funds for a decent transfer window yet this is who we're spending almost 20m on?? A reserve RB when CB, WF and CM need to filled out??
Arsenal FC is done as a top team. Newcastle and Everton will overtake us in 2-3 years time.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

:lol:

People now realise how crucial Bellerin is to our team, fair enough he has his faults but he’s a big miss to our current side. With regards to Meunier, he’ll get ripped apart in the PL. He makes a 35 year old Lichtsteiner look quick.

At the price quoted we should be looking at prizing away Max Aarons from Norwich even though they’ve just been promoted. If he holds down the position and outperforms Bellerin in his absence then we can look to cash in on Bellerin the season after.

Once Max Aarons establishes himself in the PL, he’ll cost double his current value kind of similar to Wan Bissaka. Jamal Lewis is another one we should be going for too.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This whole thing is bollocks. The position is way down our list of priorities (according to Ornstein) and people are only jumping on it so they can use it for their agendas.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This whole thing is bollocks. The position is way down our list of priorities (according to Ornstein) and people are only jumping on it so they can use it for their agendas.
What agenda? It makes sense now given that I realise Bellerin will not be fit in August. Someone who Emery knows as well and a crucial position in his system.

He’s crap though.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We might aswell sign up Grzegorz Krychowiak while we’re at it. Another player Emery “knows” and another certified bum.

blaze_of_glory

what whispers? :lol: these guys are something else, as if Meunier would be more of an ally than his countryman...
tumblr_pl8o3i4rQl1s3ca4no1_500.gif

Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom