• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
EJ1xD36W4AAXcwk
What I take from this: Santi is an animal

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Xhaka never had stand our performances in the CL like Partey did. Partey is top 3 in World football for his position. I read a post where you compared him to Sissoko and Wanyama. Willock is more comparable to those guys than Partey is. In your opinion, who would you say is better than Partey?

Wanyama, Sissoko and N'Dombele had the exact same hype and were praised for similar characteristics.

I'd take Torreira as DCM over Partey and I would take Ceballos as a cm over him. I would take Partey over Xhaka as Partey would add more mobility to midfield (then again so did a past it Flamini and it didnt benefit us as a team) but that may just be me getting carried away with the hype train of Partey.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good player but not sure you put him in the ‘game changer’ category.

Aren’t Atletico struggling to get into the CL next season?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Yeah they are having goalscoring problems. Partey aint part of that problem as i see it though, has been excellent all season (the games i watched him). Him, Felipe and Trippier, funnily enough

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Partey' father would not lie.
He speaks Spanish, so Arteta can sing Macarena with him.
He grew up dreaming of playing with Xhaka.

Baby lotion is at the ready. Get the gifs out guys. Welcome to Arsenal Thomas Partey.

truth_hurts

Game changer in the literal sense of being a match winner - probably not.

A game changer in that this would be us signing a top player in his peak years? Yes.

A tier below Özil and Sanchez, a level above Santi and Cech for the level of surprise. For me.

truth_hurts

I'd put him on the Aubameyang level of coup. Even then, we had to sell Sanchez first, so we had to take a punch to land a blow.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Partey will bring us speed and strength in midfield as well as the ability to tackle. We will need someone who can carry the ball, pick a pass and has a goal threat. Guendouzi, Willock and ESR have two of those three attributes but we'll need someone who compliments Partey. This guy will help us shut the door in midfield but he'll be useless if those next to him aren't up to it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

La Liga has been a lot more competitive than it has been in years below the top.

Reason Atletico have fallen off so badly is that Costa is almost washed, Morata misses so many easy chances and Felix is struggling to replace Griezmann.

The team as a whole has been creating more chances than it has in many previous years but the club is under performing xG at a huge rate.

Partey has been one of the best players this season for me and you can tell in a more attacking system with better finishers he’d have much more impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom