• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Good player but not sure you put him in the ‘game changer’ category.

Aren’t Atletico struggling to get into the CL next season?

Even if Atleti's current position wasn't light years ahead of ours, I'm not sure what that has to do with Partey's individual qualities and performances? Have you seen him this season?

I can't think of a midfield in Europe he doesn't improve.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/par...as-atletico-aim-to/1umf2gwtx66061csbvri6hyyks

Partey Arsenal negotiations denied as Atletico aim to
increase €50m release clause

Thomas Partey is not in discussions with Arsenal over a possible move to Emirates Stadium, according to the Atletico Madrid midfielder's representatives.

The player's father, Jacob Partey, had told Ghana-based radio station Tru FM that talks with the Gunners were taking place and that he would be happy if he made the switch to join Mikel Arteta's side.

He said: "I called my son after hearing the rumours and he told me that the rumours are true. He told me they are holding talks between him and Arsenal. It all depends on the offer Atletico are demanding.

"If he goes to Arsenal, fine, they have a lot of supporters in Ghana. I will be happy if he decides to move to Arsenal. What they are discussing now is how Atletico will release him." But JJ Sports, who represent the 26-year-old, have issued a denial and are quoted as telling Marca : "It's totally untrue." As reported by Goal , Atleti are looking at extending Partey's current deal with the club - that runs until 2023 - as they seek to increase his £44 million (€50m/$54m) release clause to around £87m (€100m/$108m).

It remains to be seen if Arsenal will decide to activate the €50m clause while it's still applicable, with the Ghana international having been on the club's radar for some time and initial discussions over a move having taken place last summer.

Despite the speculation surrounding a transfer to north London, sources have told Goal that Atletico remain in talks over extending Partey's deal at Wanda Metropolitano and are convinced that the player wants to stay.

Arsenal, meanwhile, are looking to sign a midfielder when the transfer window opens, with the futures of both Granit Xhaka and Lucas Torreira unclear.

Uruguay international Torreira is on the wishlist of various Serie A clubs while Xhaka, who almost left Emirates Stadium in January, continues to attract interest from Germany . It is, however, unclear when the summer transfer window will
open amid the coronavirus pandemic, with football having been halted across the globe in an attempt to limit the spread
of Covid-19.

The Gunners are unlikely to have significant funds for new signings, with the club's finances having taken a significant hit during these uncertain times. Qualification for the Champions League also remains a key factor in budget allocation.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Raul being taken for a ride yet again! We are laughing stock in Europe! Partey getting bumper contract at Atletico Madrid! Happy for him!

Players/Agents have been faking interest by Arsenal to get more pay elsewhere for years. Long before Raul, but you knew that though.

As for the link I want this move to happen so bad, but it surely is agent talk again. If we were interested we’d activate the RC and be done with it.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Players/Agents have been faking interest by Arsenal to get more pay elsewhere for years. Long before Raul, but you knew that though.

As for the link I want this move to happen so bad, but it surely is agent talk again. If we were interested we’d activate the RC and be done with it.

Nah activating the RC means we'd have to pay in full, we could pay under/over it in part payments like a usual transfer. As for the agent talk, yeah he's probably trying to get more out of Atletico, however we'd be able to match whatever they put forward, if we really want him imo we could do it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Atletico have always been a selling club. Whatever happens, I do believe that Partey will not an Atletico player next season.

For one, he's not Koke or Saul. He might probably not want to spend the rest of his career there.

Most African players always dream of the playing in the EPL growing up because most people don't watch la liga in Africa

It remains to be seen if we're the club that we'll sign him. If indeed is available, then we're probably not the only club in for him

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Don't believe this is made up at all, player and agent don't want all these stories going around as they want as much wonga they can from Atletico and Partey.

I do genuinely believe we're in for him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't believe this is made up at all, player and agent don't want all these stories going around as they want as much wonga they can from Atletico and Partey.

I do genuinely believe we're in for him.
Of course we are but so does other big teams at the moment we don't stand chance but things could change

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

AFCBell putting everything on the line with this one. Hope he doesn't end up like the very reliable Moley and having to delete his account because of constant death threats.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

What a hell writes there ? :lol:

giphy.gif

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Given what’s going on in the world, let people have their fun. It’s a great distraction.
This Quarantine reminds me of that one summer back in secondary school where I had surgery and was confined to my house to heal properly. I wasn’t allowed out so the only joy I really got was my Xbox 360, sky movies and going on YouTube to scout the latest Arsenal player linked with us. I watched so many hours of content on Yann M’vila it was crazy. Personally, transfer rumours are one of the few things that is keeping me sane

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
This Quarantine reminds me of that one summer back in secondary school where I had surgery and was confined to my house to heal properly. I wasn’t allowed out so the only joy I really got was my Xbox 360, sky movies and going on YouTube to scout the latest Arsenal player linked with us. I watched so many hours of content on Yann M’vila it was crazy. Personally, transfer rumours are one of the few things that is keeping me sane
Were you for or against M'vila with all that scouting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom