• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Interesting about the Thomas Partey rumour now, I don't know who to believe, his father or his player manager. Partey apparently told his father personally they were in talks. I've read that apparently he's turned down a bigger contract from Atletico already aswell. Maybe the fact his manager has come out & said that means he is about to sign, players managers always say that on the brink of a new transfer I guess. Apparently he has also been a Gunners fan growing up aswell which may mean something hopefully.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Were you for or against M'vila with all that scouting?
I was heavily for him. I honestly thought we found the ‘one’ a proper DM with legs that eluded Arteta in his later career. Strong, tall and he could break lines with ease with his passing. It’s just a shame that he was problematic as they come. Messed around in the French squad in the Euros and he never got that big money move, instead he loitered around obscurity. Funnily enough he’s played with Arsenal players past and present. Played Song in Russia at Ruben Kazin and played with Debuchy and Saliba at St Étienne.

ChefMan21

If they are selling anyone, it's probably those two plus Lemar. If we got the two Thomas' on a cut price deal I'd feel like that was really good business.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Lemar and Partey in would be incredible business. Both improve our midfield immensely as technicians and with their mobility.

Can't see us landing either though.

Wait. Both can speak Spanish. Arteta will be all over it. Living La Vida Lo-ca!!!!!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We won't sign both, I'd say that will certainly be too good to be true unfortunately. If we had to take one or the other I think I'd still stick with Partey, we need more like him. With Lemar we already have Martinelli & Saka on the left side.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

It's interesting though, I must say I'm getting a bit concerned now, just about every link I've read since his fathers quote is that his set to sign a new contract with Atletico unfortunately. Hopefully it will come through eventually.

say yes

forum master baiter
I’m genuinely not sure we’re going to be able to afford transfers like this in our current state.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m genuinely not sure we’re going to be able to afford transfers like this in our current state.
You hear what Daniel Commoli said? Reckons only 3 clubs in the PL will be able to spend big and sign players, rest of the league will be relying on free transfers.

City, Utd, Liverpool maybe can all still spend. Chelsea a little bit too.

say yes

forum master baiter
You hear what Daniel Commoli said? Reckons only 3 clubs in the PL will be able to spend big and sign players, rest of the league will be relying on free transfers.

City, Utd, Liverpool maybe can all still spend. Chelsea a little bit too.
Didn’t see that but makes sense. Reckon there could be a few trades too, but unless Atletico want someone like Lacazette we’d probably have to fund a move this this with sales.

jato

The whole agent/father thing with Partey you could take it both ways:

- They are genuinely negotiating with Arsenal
- A ploy to get the money and the deal they want out of Athletico to re-sign by leaking stories to the media (I find this more likely as we need to still shift players to reduce our bloated wage bill and our squad)

IMO ideal solution before the new season, use Lacazette as a makeweight for Partey if Athletico are interested. We get the player we want plus an under performing player + wages off the books.

Sell Auba to a non-PL league for 40-50mil and reinvest that in a striker. Ideally also sell Mihki to Roma, offload Mustafi/Sok to get even more wages off the books and send some of that Saka's way.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I would be willing to let Auba and Laca go for Saul and Partey to be honest

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Saul is absolutely impossible for us to acquire. My earlier posts were in jest. The thought that we could raid Atletico if they were having money problems. We could probably raid a Charlton Atlhletic but not Atletico.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The whole agent/father thing with Partey you could take it both ways:

- They are genuinely negotiating with Arsenal
- A ploy to get the money and the deal they want out of Athletico to re-sign by leaking stories to the media (I find this more likely as we need to still shift players to reduce our bloated wage bill and our squad)

IMO ideal solution before the new season, use Lacazette as a makeweight for Partey if Athletico are interested. We get the player we want plus an under performing player + wages off the books.

Sell Auba to a non-PL league for 40-50mil and reinvest that in a striker. Ideally also sell Mihki to Roma, offload Mustafi/Sok to get even more wages off the books and send some of that Saka's way.
I think there's definite interest at our end. We're probably sounding Partey out for knowing his personal terms after which we approach Athletico Madrid to offer them players plus cash in around a 100 installments or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom