• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah technical ability wise I agree but Liverpool only need 3 players maybe to have the best squad in the world as you say given its in perfect synch to the manager too.
3 players is quite a lot. And do you mean first team, because their squad is quite poor for a top team.

This might sound crazy but there could be a case to be made that Liverpool have one of the worst squad depths out of the 'usual' top6.
GK: Adrian is crap
DF: Decent at CB but then 0 fullbacks
MF: Good depth in Keita/Ox/Lallana/Milner
FWD: Origi and Shaqiri which is terrible compared to City

They still managed to perform when they had some injuries but they didnt lose their front 3 or VVD for a sustained amount of time. They've definately been fortunate with injuries.

Btw this is all 'on paper' because these guys still perform well when relied on under Klopp's system, but some of them would be dross in other teams e.g. Origi as the only goal threat off the bench.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
3 players is quite a lot. And do you mean first team, because their squad is quite poor for a top team.

This might sound crazy but there could be a case to be made that Liverpool have one of the worst squad depths out of the 'usual' top6.

They still managed to perform when they had some injuries but they didnt lose their front 3 or VVD for a sustained amount of time. They've definately been fortunate with injuries.

Btw this is all 'on paper' because these guys still perform well when relied on under Klopp's system, but some of them would be dross in other teams e.g. Origi as the only goal threat off the bench.
I meant first team. CB, a more creative mid and an attacker.

Depth wise, I think Adrian is okay while OX and Milner cover fullbacks but that can be improved for sure. Yeah, I think in terms of forwards maybe they need more than one.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Why do you post then? Why do you even support Arsenal? Do you have any belief in anything related to Arsenal? Could never be like you.

There surely needs to be some belief, but you gotta be honest, to an extent he's right. The belief should be there is a solid foundation to get the club back on track, but the reality is this will need a lot of time and that's where the poster isn't too far off. And the doubt this could be ****ed up is with the leadership. Not so much with Arteta - but we all got to keep in mind he is a rookie who will make mistakes and who will need his time to adjust just like players - but with owner/board/Raul/Vinai.

It's going to be 3, 4 years for the Liverpool effect, I guess, but with how the club is run and the financial situation I'd rather put my bet on almost a decade for another title challenging iteration of Arsenal, just because I think the owner is a muppet leaving this club in limbo and any mongrel who comes here thus able to do as he pleases without being evaluated. Raul is the same muppet as Ivan or Law or whoever for me who can be satisfied when he's made himself and his mates some money and then him and Kia can do lines off of the Emirates pitch. I don't trust any of the execs have the drive to make Arsenal succeed beyond their own personal small time success.

The belief is though that at least in the team and the academy and the manager there's promise, but this will also take years to bear fruit.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
You would have to say that Liverpool are better than City now. Recent head to head games suggest this as does City only pipping Pool to the title last year and Liverpool being way ahead this year.

Goal keepers are about even, Liverpool have the better defence. City have the more technical midfield, but you could argue which is the better - I'd lean City. Liverpool have the better starting front 3. City more depth.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
You would have to say that Liverpool are better than City now. Recent head to head games suggest this as does City only pipping Pool to the title last year and Liverpool being way ahead this year.

Goal keepers are about even, Liverpool have the better defence. City have the more technical midfield, but you could argue which is the better - I'd lean City. Liverpool have the better starting front 3. City more depth.
That will all change if they sign Werner though. Can't see it happening I don't think a player of Werners caliber will accept a bench role

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Agree with fullbacks and Shaqiri but Origi is a very good squad option, scored plenty of important goals for them.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

There surely needs to be some belief, but you gotta be honest, to an extent he's right. The belief should be there is a solid foundation to get the club back on track, but the reality is this will need a lot of time and that's where the poster isn't too far off. And the doubt this could be ****ed up is with the leadership. Not so much with Arteta - but we all got to keep in mind he is a rookie who will make mistakes and who will need his time to adjust just like players - but with owner/board/Raul/Vinai.

It's going to be 3, 4 years for the Liverpool effect, I guess, but with how the club is run and the financial situation I'd rather put my bet on almost a decade for another title challenging iteration of Arsenal, just because I think the owner is a muppet leaving this club in limbo and any mongrel who comes here thus able to do as he pleases without being evaluated. Raul is the same muppet as Ivan or Law or whoever for me who can be satisfied when he's made himself and his mates some money and then him and Kia can do lines off of the Emirates pitch. I don't trust any of the execs have the drive to make Arsenal succeed beyond their own personal small time success.

The belief is though that at least in the team and the academy and the manager there's promise, but this will also take years to bear fruit.

I don't know mate, if I didn't believe, or couldn't believe in the owners and guys running the club then seriously what would be the point in following Arsenal as much as I do? Everything takes time and we'll make mistakes along the road as we have already in the build to get us competing again but I currently believe those in charge want us to compete again and have made the correct steps to do so, i.e Arteta.

What I want to know is what suggests the club doesn't show ambition? I feel everyone just straight away says 'transfers' but that isn't the case.

Toby

What I want to know is what suggests the club doesn't show ambition?

To me it boils down to years of giving a free hand to whoever runs this thing. First relying solely on Wenger, then Gazidis taking over the reigns and being able to just do as he pleases, now it's this Spanish bum. I never get the feeling someone's head is on the chopping block if things get sour besides the actual coach and that's the hallmark of a badly run business.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I thought this thread was meant to be on Thomas Partey, not on Liverpool, Alex Oxlade Chamberlaine haha. Anyway, all the reports are saying he's keen to come & wants to get the deal done during the window, the question is whether we will show enough ambition to get the transfer across the line. For some reason, unfortunately somehow I can't see us doing it, well the board at least. I can see Arteta wants to get the deal done though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I thought this thread was meant to be on Thomas Partey, not on Liverpool, Alex Oxlade Chamberlaine haha. Anyway, all the reports are saying he's keen to come & wants to get the deal done during the window, the question is whether we will show enough ambition to get the transfer across the line. For some reason, unfortunately somehow I can't see us doing it, well the board at least. I can see Arteta wants to get the deal done though.
I guess one problem could be us offering 40M or whatever but a Utd or PSG coming in with 45-50M etc, or bigger wages. Doubt we’ll compete.

Not sure I buy these stories about his Arsenal love, we’re not even a EL club atm and he’s a CL player.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I guess one problem could be us offering 40M or whatever but a Utd or PSG coming in with 45-50M etc, or bigger wages. Doubt we’ll compete.

Not sure I buy these stories about his Arsenal love, we’re not even a EL club atm and he’s a CL player.
If all the stuff about him "loving us" & "supporting us" in his younger days are true I wouldn't be surprised if he still prefers us over the others. The issue is though whether we will have the money soon enough. Imo technically we are still a big club globally just having a rough era but we'll get back up there sooner rather then later if he comes.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

To me it boils down to years of giving a free hand to whoever runs this thing. First relying solely on Wenger, then Gazidis taking over the reigns and being able to just do as he pleases, now it's this Spanish bum. I never get the feeling someone's head is on the chopping block if things get sour besides the actual coach and that's the hallmark of a badly run business.

I'm not really sure what you mean mate? What's different at other clubs?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
100% people here trying to say Ox has been a failure at Liverpool. Considering he was out for a year it's hard to be a raging success. And he is at currently the best team in the world. And who will continue to be for possible the next 2-3 years. He does a job as a squad player which is no shame. Plus his teammates around him are elite so it would be hard to stand out. He was at us and we were crap and he didnt do anything.

If I was an ambitious player I would much rather start 25/50 games plus say half a dozen sub appearances for Liverpool and win something and play in elite competitions than play 50/50 games for Arsenal and sit mid table and getting beat by Olympiakos in the Thursday night waste of time.
The amount of hate you seems to spew at Arsenal makes me doubt if you're really an Arsenal fan. In the saka thread you were Saying Ox was improved at Liverpool which quiet laughable.

I've seen him have more impressive games for than he had at Liverpool

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
At other clubs the managers head is always on the chopping block when things don't work out.

It's not peculiar to Arsenal alone

Toby

At other clubs the managers head is always on the chopping block when things don't work out.

It's not peculiar to Arsenal alone

I meant at other clubs the CEO, DoF, etc. are also on the chopping block and under scrutiny. That's never really been the case here for e.g. Gazidis. For starters there's never been a DoF at Arsenal at all. There's something inherently wrong with Gazidis never having been challenged by the owners for his ****e work on the economic front.

Same goes for Wenger who I think had his faults but actually did a pretty good job, but he should've way more often challenged his staff and brought in fresh blood. Nice example is the GK coach Szczesny and Fabianski joked about after having left Arsenal.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't quite know where Partey's name came from and why he's so heavily linked to us. I know he's a good player. Has anyone actually watched him much and can explain why he'd make us a better team? He's an athletic DM isn't he, which we could do with, but aren't we in more need of a creative midfielder?

Torreira, Xhaka and Guendouzi are all midfielders with their strengths and weaknesses, but none of them are particularly creative. ESR and Joe Willock show promise but you can't rely on that. Özil is Özil, and he's leaving in a year anyway.

No doubt Partey would improve us, but why is he a priority.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Seems to me that funds will be tight and if there's any spending at all, if there's any transfer market at all, we'd only spend significantly on one player. Shouldn't we be looking at a Grealish, Aouar, Havertz type of player.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I don't quite know where Partey's name came from and why he's so heavily linked to us. I know he's a good player. Has anyone actually watched him much and can explain why he'd make us a better team? He's an athletic DM isn't he, which we could do with, but aren't we in more need of a creative midfielder?

Torreira, Xhaka and Guendouzi are all midfielders with their strengths and weaknesses, but none of them are particularly creative. ESR and Joe Willock show promise but you can't rely on that. Özil is Özil, and he's leaving in a year anyway.

No doubt Partey would improve us, but why is he a priority.

I'd put Partey in the unrealistic signing category. He's one of the better players in a team that is better than ours. He'd start in a lot of midfields across Europe, so barring his alleged liking of our club there's nothing that suggests Partey would leave Atletico to come here.

He's technically very good, super comfortable on the ball and has great decision making. He supplements this with excellent physical attributes. He wouldn't look out of place in Cities or the Liverpool midfield that he dominated a couple of months back at Anfield.

He'd be wasted in front of the defence here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom