• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

Why wouldn't we be willing to let Bellerin go?

- Chambers shined as RB first part of the season
- we bought in Soares as Bellerin camt be trusted.
- Bellerin lost his starting spot to cb in sokratis at the end of the season who out peformed him in the RB role.

Bellerin doesnt exactly strike me as a Simeone type of player. Would be on tbe bench there too due to Trippier.

I don't agree that he shined. He didn't. He did ok on some games and was a liabilty on others. Chambers always had nightmares against fast pacy winger (his game against Quintero from Swansea a few years ago... :rofl:)
He's propably gonna loose some pace and agility coming back from his injury like Bellerin did.

Imo, he can't be a viable option as RB.

Impact

Established Member

Why wouldn't we be willing to let Bellerin go?

- Chambers shined as RB first part of the season
- we bought in Soares as Bellerin camt be trusted.
- Bellerin lost his starting spot to cb in sokratis at the end of the season who out peformed him in the RB role.

Bellerin doesnt exactly strike me as a Simeone type of player. Would be on tbe bench there too due to Trippier.

If our plan at RB is Calum Chambers, we may as well give up now on being a serious football team.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I don't agree that he shined. He didn't. He did ok on some games and was a liabilty on others. Chambers always had nightmares against fast pacy winger (his game against Quintero from Swansea a few years ago... :rofl:)
He's propably gonna loose some pace and agility coming back from his injury like Bellerin did.

Imo, he can't be a viable option as RB.
Jefferson Montero

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
How Arsenal would it be to sign Partey and use him as right-back and bend over to play AMN in midfield?

<somebody will bite>

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd be gutted if those two were our only signings. I think an RB must be prioritised too since Ainsley isn't interested in playing there.

AMN better start being interested in playing RB, cos it's the only hope he has of making a career at this level. He's not an Arsenal level midfielder.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Maitland-Niles could have been a good CM. Think his time has passed in being that here though. His best performance for us was at Old Trafford as a CM.

Think he'd start at quite a few mid-level Prem teams.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Maitland-Niles could have been a good CM. Think his time has passed in being that here though. His best performance for us was at Old Trafford as a CM.

Think he'd start at quite a few mid-level Prem teams.

Just generally I think people need to relax a bit with academy products and the expectations we place on them. If you give 10 academy products minutes and one or two turn out to be Arsenal quality then you've been successful.

If AMN can do for us what Phil Neville did for Utd then he'd have done amazingly well for himself.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
AMN better start being interested in playing RB, cos it's the only hope he has of making a career at this level. He's not an Arsenal level midfielder.
Nah, I think he's well within his right to stick to his guns, rather than be shoehorned into a role he doesn't want (and one I don't want him to play either). I think he plays CM or we sell and I'm coming round to that. I want to see him play in midfield for us, I think he definitely can be a top player there - or we sell. Not a RB, never will be IMO.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Nah, I think he's well within his right to stick to his guns, rather than be shoehorned into a role he doesn't want (and one I don't want him to play either). I think he plays CM or we sell and I'm coming round to that. I want to see him play in midfield for us, I think he definitely can be a top player there - or we sell. Not a RB, never will be IMO.

Fair enough, but he's just never looked like a proper CM to me. He's always looked like a utility player - good at lots of things but not great enough at one skill set to nail down that position. I think career-wise he'd be better off realising that and making the most of it. He's a poor man's Alaba.

Guendouzi's a year younger than AMN and whatever you can say about his room for improvement, Guendouzi is unequivocally a CM. He passes well, scans well, takes care of the ball: all things AMN doesn't do from what i've seen.

If AMN wants to be a CM fair enough, but it'll be at a small PL or Championship club.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yes. He has the composure and agility to be good there. Decent skill too.

Needs to work on his concentration and first touch though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yes. He has the composure and agility to be good there. Decent skill too.

Needs to work on his concentration and first touch though.
Agree - he's sloppy to a fault, and I think that's mental more than lacking ability. His first touch is brilliant sometimes, showing he has the capability but sometimes he just switches off. He gets idle when the game lulls. I actually think in a high energy set-up, he'd do well simply because there's not enough time to switch off. No coincidence he does better in the bigger games even when out of position.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Fair enough, but he's just never looked like a proper CM to me. He's always looked like a utility player - good at lots of things but not great enough at one skill set to nail down that position. I think career-wise he'd be better off realising that and making the most of it. He's a poor man's Alaba.

Guendouzi's a year younger than AMN and whatever you can say about his room for improvement, Guendouzi is unequivocally a CM. He passes well, scans well, takes care of the ball: all things AMN doesn't do from what i've seen.

If AMN wants to be a CM fair enough, but it'll be at a small PL or Championship club.
I don't agree at all to be honest - in fact, that would destroy his career rather than make it. I don't think there's anything wrong with being a utilitarian but in AMN's case, I don't think it's a good idea and I think the club using him in that manner has been a mistake from the very beginning. Once he made the switch to CM, it was clear to me that was where he was meant to play - then we started messing around with this RB rubbish and messed him up IMO.

AMN will probably be a lot happier playing CM somewhere else in the PL and will probably play much better aswell. RE Guendouzi - Guendouzi had the fortune of not being dicked around positionally from early on. AMN never had that trust.

I don't think AMN's attitude has been fantastic but I do think he could have been managed better. Just because "3 out of 4 managers think he's a RB" doesn't mean those 3 are not wrong.

OSBK

Established Member
AMN is not a kid anymore and hasnt devolped enough. He will end up at everton on the bench with iwobi and walcott.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
As Wenger said, talent is fine, but without determination talent means only so much.

can't really know much about Niles in the trainings or about his hunger to become better each day, but he does leave strong impressions on me as someone who is not all in on it.
Am a big fan of his as a player, but it does seam like his time is coming to the end here.

Both Willock and Matteo have more of what it takes to make it in their roles,w is where Ainsley wants to play also

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
As Wenger said, talent is fine, but without determination talent means only so much.

can't really know much about Niles in the trainings or about his hunger to become better each day, but he does leave strong impressions on me as someone who is not all in on it.
Am a big fan of his as a player, but it does seam like his time is coming to the end here.

Both Willock and Matteo have more of what it takes to make it in their roles,w is where Ainsley wants to play also

I am a fan of both, Willock and Matteo, and I agree on what you say, but it really is a shame, since I think AMN could've had the higher ceiling than either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom