• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Bucephalus

What do people see as a decent offer for him? As I think some are going to be disappointed when Juventus put together a loan deal for him.

No sane club (excluding Saudi) would put in a “decent offer” for this guy especially with the controversy surrounding him.
I've been wondering this myself. (I hope this stays on the right side of the yellow box rules, no intent to violate them, thinking about yellow box players in general).

How do you transfer a player with yellow box issues (of whatever variety)? Reverse add-ons, so the price gets cheaper if yellow box comes to fruition? Might make the Tonali at Newcastle more fair. Would domestic authorities even allow a transfer overseas, if that would let the player out of the investigating jurisdiction? Outside of Saudi who probably just don't care, I can't see a landing spot.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Partey can intercept passes and then in balls back though. Loads of DMs can do that but can’t pass or dribble like Partey.

And it comes down to the fact that you have no idea what Rice actually does, which is elite transition control and tackling + progressive ball carrying + a reasonable technical game where Partey is getting turned like a pancake vs Foden (which Rice would never) for Palmer's goal in the charity shield. There's levels to this defensive stuff.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

What do people see as a decent offer for him? As I think some are going to be disappointed when Juventus put together a loan deal for him.

No sane club (excluding Saudi) would put in a “decent offer” for this guy especially with the controversy surrounding him.

Honestly, I'd take anything north of £25m. We're not getting offered £40m for this guy even if he was fully fit.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I've been wondering this myself. (I hope this stays on the right side of the yellow box rules, no intent to violate them, thinking about yellow box players in general).

How do you transfer a player with yellow box issues (of whatever variety)? Reverse add-ons, so the price gets cheaper if yellow box comes to fruition? Might make the Tonali at Newcastle more fair. Would domestic authorities even allow a transfer overseas, if that would let the player out of the investigating jurisdiction? Outside of Saudi who probably just don't care, I can't see a landing spot.

Not even sure how it works tbh. One thing I do know is that a team currently sitting 10th in La Liga would be very open to taking him on.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Honestly, I'd take anything north of £25m. We're not getting offered £40m for this guy even if he was fully fit.

25m? That’s a bit of a stretch. His contract is up in 18th months, injury prone, 31 next summer and doubts whether he’ll be even able to play in the near future. I’d say 5-10 million sounds reasonable but knowing Edu, he’ll probably buy out his contract.

Partey is on 200k a week apparently.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I really rate the guy as a player but don't think we can get more than10/15m from a European club. Guy is on big wedge the wrong side of 30 can't stay fit and that's not even taking into account any other possible issues.

A Saudi club may pay more but does he even fancy playing there? Word was he wasn't interested in the summer.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
And it comes down to the fact that you have no idea what Rice actually does, which is elite transition control and tackling + progressive ball carrying + a reasonable technical game where Partey is getting turned like a pancake vs Foden (which Rice would never) for Palmer's goal in the charity shield. There's levels to this defensive stuff.
What exactly is elite transition control? You seen Partey dribble through midfields and his technical level is high so he’s capable of doing everything you mentioned. No need to make things up now.

Synical

Thread tag predictor

What exactly is elite transition control? You seen Partey dribble through midfields and his technical level is high so he’s capable of doing everything you mentioned. No need to make things up now.
Who cares about Partey? So what if his technical level is high...if he never plays then it means f.ck all. The guy is DONE. It's actually upsetting how unavailable he is.

If we had Bellingham but he was always injured I'd be saying the same thing: GET RID!!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Who cares about Partey? So what if his technical level is high...if he never plays then it means f.ck all. The guy is DONE. It's actually upsetting how unavailable he is.

If we had Bellingham but he was always injured I'd be saying the same thing: GET RID!!
I agree no point keeping injury prone players around but can’t deny his quality. No need to cry about it.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
This Rice vs Partey thing has to stop. They are both different type of players and both are absolute world class in what they do.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can't wait until we move on from this guy completely.
Best case scenario: he returns and we see form from our midfield trio that hasn’t been seen for a decade since prime Barca.

Likely scenario: he ‘returns from injury’ to play at the African nation’s cup only to ‘return to the treatment table’ afterwards.

I haven’t read this thread before this page for a while so maybe I’ve missed news but I’m way too cynical to actually believe he’s injured.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

The ability to prevent counter attacks at an elite level. Its one of the reasons we're seeing so many low blocks this season, teams can't get out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom