• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Great player when on form, but with these injury niggles and off pitch issues, we should def be looking for a replacement this summer. That should be by far the biggest thing the club focuses on. Two quality CMs, a young talented RB and another CF with a different profile from Jesus and Nketiah. One stronger in the air and perhaps more clinical shooting ability.
Wonder if we’ll go big for both Caicedo and Rice this summer. Might have to.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
I really like Partey. Find a profile like him isn't easy. But he makes me sick. The most important thing with a player is the fitness. Partey can get injuries even though he doesn't play. and we are always worried about him.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Fingers crossed 🤞it's nothing serious. He didn't seem to have a lot of injuries b4 he came here.
However sometimes age catches up with you.
Anyone starting to wonder If we got his legit digits when he signed?🤔

In reality Man's probably around 48 yrs old!
Not cool implying an African born playing might be faking his age lol. Did you make the same accusation for Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky... All those guys were made of glass. Once Rosicky came here from Dortmund, he was constantly injured. Partey was probably ran to the ground playing that Atletico system. And just looking at his body type, he seems like the type that will continue to have little injury niggles. Not anything major, just annoyances. Look at Xhaka's physique, he looks sturdy and well proportioned. No surprise he doesn't get a lot of injuries.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not cool implying an African born playing might be faking his age lol. Did you make the same accusation for Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky... All those guys were made of glass. Once Rosicky came here from Dortmund, he was constantly injured. Partey was probably ran to the ground playing that Atletico system. And just looking at his body type, he seems like the type that will continue to have little injury niggles. Not anything major, just annoyances. Look at Xhaka's physique, he looks sturdy and well proportioned. No surprise he doesn't get a lot of injuries.
They’re the closest to one another in physique as you can get, not sure you did your argument any favours there

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Love how this thread wildly alternates between ‘best DM in the world’ and ‘his failing body would be of most use in a glue factory’ - sometimes in adjacent posts.

No match for peak Özil thread obviously.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I feel his injuries are due to his ever present role he had at Athletico anyways. Not that I watched them much when he was there, but I assume it was an intensive set up and that stuff takes it toll after a number of years which we will probably see with one or some of the younger lot down the line.

Unless they hit the genetic jackpot like Xhaka and Saka who are remarkably durable, Xhaka in particular who is older and keeps going. With his mentality and durability he would have most likely been a pro athlete regardless of sport he picked.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His point still stands, we have had tons of injury prone players over the years and their age has never been questioned.
Absolutely it does, but whilst reading the line “And just looking at his body type, he seems like the type that will continue to have little injury niggles” I was thinking about how similar he is to Xhaka in that respect and how he doesn’t get injured, and then Xhaka got brought up as if to justify that point.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
His point still stands, we have had tons of injury prone players over the years and their age has never been questioned.

Of all the fanbases to use that argument regarding injuries :lol:

RVP, Wilshere, Diaby, Rosicky, Ox, Welbeck, Ramsey, Gibbs, Vermaelen, Bendtner, ESR.. the list of injury prone former players is literally endless.

It's to the point where I genuinely believe Wenger would have another PL title if you halved the amount of injuries to those teams. Borderline depressing tbh.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah but then there are explanations for the others, Wilshere loves the coco and Rosicky is a crackhead as per AM ITKs from around 2009. Ramsey
guess when he bleached his hair something got into his bloodstream I dunno.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Absolutely it does, but whilst reading the line “And just looking at his body type, he seems like the type that will continue to have little injury niggles” I was thinking about how similar he is to Xhaka in that respect and how he doesn’t get injured, and then Xhaka got brought up as if to justify that point.

Xhaka probably wasn’t the best example as stature and age are probably where the similarities end.

I’m sure they are in the same ballpark strength wise too, but Xhaka doesn’t have the balance and coordination Partey has, so yeah it’s different for sure.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Also, there's absolutely nothing to really gain from evaluation someone's "body type" when it comes to the type of injuries Partey has been suffering from. All it takes, for any athlete, is a split-second of awkward movement at the wrong time for a muscle to fail, and once you've done it that one time, you're praying to the universe that your body has the internal fortitude to heal it properly.

The only thing you can really judge by body type is the more obvious things, like weight putting stress on lower joints, but even that is not fool proof. Look how Cazorla, the smallest man alive, got absolutely wrecked by Achilles tendon complications, or how Wilshere's legs and ankles were never able to keep up etc.

Then you have someone like LeBron James playing physical basketball a 6"9 250lbs for 14 years staying almost 100% injury free.

Diet, especially during youth, and genetics play a big part here, but once you're in your 20s you're really just putting your health in the hands of random chance for the most part, especially when it comes to your muscles and tendons.

Top Bottom