• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
They’re the closest to one another in physique as you can get, not sure you did your argument any favours there
They're absolutely nothing alike though lol? Similar height and "build" but Partey is a million times more agile and overall faster, you rarely can tell anything from these superficial factors but if you wanted to you could explain Xhakas sturdiness precisely for that reason, his lack of agility puts less stress on joints and slow twitch muscles.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They're absolutely nothing alike though lol? Similar height and "build" but Partey is a million times more agile and overall faster, you rarely can tell anything from these superficial factors but if you wanted to you could explain Xhakas sturdiness precisely for that reason, his lack of agility puts less stress on joints and slow twitch muscles.
Leaning to agree though I’m sure I’d find examples of injury prone players that weren’t particularly agile too if I looked hard enough

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully the injury is not big issue the good news his people are sure the injury is not big issue and should be fine for leeds but with Partey everything is risk not sure we might save him for later and not use him against Leeds

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yeah but then there are explanations for the others, Wilshere loves the coco and Rosicky is a crackhead as per AM ITKs from around 2009. Ramsey
guess when he bleached his hair something got into his bloodstream I dunno.
Ramsey was ****ed after that first big injury, but we could also mention Walcott, Chamberlain and Diaby. I honestly feel playing all those guys so many minutes at a young age when their bodies were still developing played a part in all the injuries.

Geofranco

Xhaka probably wasn’t the best example as stature and age are probably where the similarities end.

I’m sure they are in the same ballpark strength wise too, but Xhaka doesn’t have the balance and coordination Partey has, so yeah it’s different for sure.
I don't think they have the same body type. Partey looks like he is all limbs. If I had to bet who was stronger I'd say Xhaka, but Partey is a better all around athlete. Quicker, more agile with better balance.

Geofranco

I reckon he’s pretty solid. Diaby was gangly
And Diaby was always injured. His body was simply not built for the EPL. That's part of what made Patrick Vieira such a freak. He was a legit 6'4, long limbs and didn't consistently break down like many other lanky players. He played a pretty physical brand of football too.

Geofranco

Of all the fanbases to use that argument regarding injuries :lol:

RVP, Wilshere, Diaby, Rosicky, Ox, Welbeck, Ramsey, Gibbs, Vermaelen, Bendtner, ESR.. the list of injury prone former players is literally endless.

It's to the point where I genuinely believe Wenger would have another PL title if you halved the amount of injuries to those teams. Borderline depressing tbh.
You forgot Bellerin lol. And even Fabregas. Honestly those guys were playing too many minutes as teenagers. In the most physical and competitive league in the world. It can't be coincidence. Hopefully Saka can be spared.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I just don’t know if body physique implies injury proneness or not, all sizes and shapes can suffer injuries, someone mentioned something like getting the super genetic gene where they don’t break down before and that’s about right to me.

Fabregasm

And Diaby was always injured. His body was simply not built for the EPL. That's part of what made Patrick Vieira such a freak. He was a legit 6'4, long limbs and didn't consistently break down like many other lanky players. He played a pretty physical brand of football too.

Pretty sure Diaby became injury prone only after he broke his leg from a bad challenge and not anything like body not built for EPL lol

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I just don’t know if body physique implies injury proneness or not, all sizes and shapes can suffer injuries, someone mentioned something like getting the super genetic gene where they don’t break down before and that’s about right to me.

I read Joe Joyce explain his bone density and it hit home that not everyone is built the same.

The super genetic gene is deffo real.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think you just have to accept that Partey is fairly injury prone and we have to wrap him up in cotton wool as much as possible.

He is our most important player and I'm not sure there's a direct like for like player out there we could replace him with. He is kind of unique.

Didn't know Hughton was Ghana manager though. Always rated him, think he'll do a good job.

Geofranco

Also, there's absolutely nothing to really gain from evaluation someone's "body type" when it comes to the type of injuries Partey has been suffering from. All it takes, for any athlete, is a split-second of awkward movement at the wrong time for a muscle to fail, and once you've done it that one time, you're praying to the universe that your body has the internal fortitude to heal it properly.

The only thing you can really judge by body type is the more obvious things, like weight putting stress on lower joints, but even that is not fool proof. Look how Cazorla, the smallest man alive, got absolutely wrecked by Achilles tendon complications, or how Wilshere's legs and ankles were never able to keep up etc.

Then you have someone like LeBron James playing physical basketball a 6"9 250lbs for 14 years staying almost 100% injury free.

Diet, especially during youth, and genetics play a big part here, but once you're in your 20s you're really just putting your health in the hands of random chance for the most part, especially when it comes to your muscles and tendons.
Wilshere's legs screamed, I am ****ed just looking at them. Cazorla wasn't really injury prone until later on, but at that point he has gotten everything out of his little body he could. LeBron has the perfect athletic physique. I can see him being a Muay Thai kickboxer, a goalie, a volley ball player, an NFL tight end etc. Plus he spends so much money every year just for recovery, so he is an outlier for sure.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wilshere's legs screamed, I am ****ed just looking at them. Cazorla wasn't really injury prone until later on, but at that point he has gotten everything out of his little body he could. LeBron has the perfect athletic physique. I can see him being a Muay Thai kickboxer, a goalie, a volley ball player, an NFL tight end etc. Plus he spends so much money every year just for recovery, so he is an outlier for sure.
Then you have Messi, similar to wilshere but never broke down

Geofranco

Then you have Messi, similar to wilshere but never broke down
Wilshere's body type was more similar to Isco. Have you seen how strong Messi's legs are? His base is very compact. I remember young Messi having some injury problems, I think hamstrings, but it was resolved.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This is Arsenal telling Ghana to sit Thomas down, someone change my mind.
I think it's slightly more complex than that. In general, national teams and clubs try to have a working relationship. It's not really in the interest of either of that the relationship breaks down.

The club can easily withhold the player by claiming 'injury' provided the player goes along with it. The national team can bring the regulations to bear on the club etc

Chris Hughton knows the Premier league and the position Arsenal are in. I'm pretty sure he's well aware of how important Partey is for us, and of his injury record. It stands to reason that he'd try to manage Partey carefully.

Solbakken spoke very warmly about the cooperation Norway has had with Arsenal over Ødegaard.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wilshere's body type was more similar to Isco. Have you seen how strong Messi's legs are? His base is very compact. I remember young Messi having some injury problems, I think hamstrings, but it was resolved.
Yes, and I think Wilshere’s legs look strong like that too.

Top Bottom