• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Palace away at night, will be a big test for him.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Definitely a very tough role. That is why people come up with their own subset of those set of skillset and think that that particular subset is "most important" for a no 6. its because its almost impossible to get an ideal player there.
Indeed, Partey’s main weakness is technical security when his form dips. The positional sense is a necessity, and they at least need to be a very good level in a lot of those skills.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Honestly, we can't rely on Partey and we need a upgrade replacement. Partey should play in the Europa league and Cup matches - but we need a player we can rely on the whole season.

Who will it be?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We haven't looked for a Partey understudy all transfer window, tells you how much the club sees Elneny as enough backup.

Malky

Established Member
The disrespect in here is mad, people saying we need an " upgrade " on Partey. There isn't many players in world football who could play the role he plays in this side, that would be an upgrade.
A better player is near impossible to get right now, but we should have better competition for him because if he's missing for injury, or personal stuff, this season our midfield falls apart.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Any success we're going to have this season will be because of this man in midfield, we were sure on for top four until he got injured.

Need to find top quality cover for him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Someone explain to me what's so terrible about playing a double pivot if it seems like Partey is the only person on the planet that can do what he does?

Surely you have to question the tactics at some point?

samspade

Someone explain to me what's so terrible about playing a double pivot if it seems like Partey is the only person on the planet that can do what he does?

I think the 4-3-3 with two 8s is just very good if you have the players tbh. I think that’s probably the attraction for managers.

samspade

If we were to go after a Partey replacement/cover what we could really do with is someone who can play left 8 and cover at 6 too. Could Paqueta play 6? Never seen him play tbh but heard his defensive numbers are good.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If we were to go after a Partey replacement/cover what we could really do with is someone who can play left 8 and cover at 6 too. Could Paqueta play 6? Never seen him play tbh but heard his defensive numbers are good.

That was kinda my point, it's harder to find the perfect lone 6 then perhaps two alright/versatile central mids. I dunno, I just don't buy into Partey or bust especially with his Arsenal injury record.

Arteta has to show some flexibility sometimes, but he seems to have convinced everybody this sort of reliance on specific personnel in order for his tactics to shine through is acceptable.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

But the squad is already built towards this tactic since last season. Saliba for a full season loan, and White as CB. Now we have Tomiyasu & White as RB's, who fit the inverted role much better than a normal fullback role. Same with new player Zinchenko. We also already bought Vieira.

Also take into account that neither Tierney or Tomiyasu can stay fit, so they should not maybe run up and down the pitch like normal fullbacks.

Partey has been injury-prone too, so next season buying a top complete DMF is not that tough to do compared to replacing so many other players.

samspade

That was kinda my point, it's harder to find the perfect lone 6 then perhaps two alright/versatile central mids. I dunno, I just don't buy into Partey or bust especially with his Arsenal injury record.

Arteta has to show some flexibility sometimes, but he seems to have convinced everybody this sort of reliance on specific personnel in order for his tactics to shine through is acceptable.
Ofc it is, but, like I said, I think Arteta just considers the 4-3-3 better. For all we know going to a 2 might be the current back up plan for Partey getting injured.

The main problem is that a player good enough to play that 6 position isn't going to want to sit on the bench. But if we could get the right top-quality left 8 it might be possible to kill two birds with one stone: get a player who is a genuine upgrade on Xhaka and is actually potential cover for Partey. Then Arteta doesn't need to compromise.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
The disrespect in here is mad, people saying we need an " upgrade " on Partey. There isn't many players in world football who could play the role he plays in this side, that would be an upgrade.
A better player is near impossible to get right now, but we should have better competition for him because if he's missing for injury, or personal stuff, this season our midfield falls apart.

Elneny was an upgrade, that's why he easily won an extension just walking around after having to "survive" Partey giving away the ball constantly on most matches and having another 4/10 season.

I know he's nice to watch on the ball, but only Martinelli and Cedric are less important than him in our starting XI from last season. It's a complete myth we depend on him for anything.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Paqueta gives you that flexibility IMO, we could literally sign him and have midfield cover at #6, #8, #7 and #11. In game he also can play as a dual forward with a quick player like deJesus, Nketiah and Werner.

I've picked this up from his statistics, that's the first thing that jumps out at you. But also watching him play, I've gone back to watch some of his games last season in full. Yes I was that bored.

Either the club are actively looking at him and trying to strike a deal behind the scenes. Or have seen something negative (concentration levels, discipline, etc. ) or have come across some blocker (e.g. he doesnt want to come) that I havent picked up.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Paqueta gives you that flexibility IMO, we could literally sign him and have midfield cover at #6, #8, #7 and #11. In game he also can play as a dual forward with a quick player like deJesus, Nketiah and Werner.

I've picked this up from his statistics, that's the first thing that jumps out at you. But also watching him play, I've gone back to watch some of his games last season in full. Yes I was that bored.

Paqueta can definitely not cover the 6 position.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Paqueta can definitely not cover the 6 position.

I've seen it, he is able to collect from deep, break lines and distribute. His close control is very good. The question of experience in that role is perhaps something to be debated. He is a natural 8/10, but his game makes him capable of playing a varied role.

But I wont completely deny what you're saying here... to add on what I said earlier. Maybe my desperation for a versatile player makes me want to see these things.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Your tagline fits well in this thread according to different sources.
It would be an interesting experiment to change my User Name to "Thomas Partey" and see if my misleading tag line is retained by the moderators...

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom