• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We win a high percentage of games with Partey/Xhaka in midfield. One curious thing is even if they don’t even have to have a standout game. It all just seems to go our way.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Bruno would be awesome last summer.

In winter Newcastle slided in with 250k per week which I doubt we'd pay.

Last summer keep Saliba, get Bruno G for White money and nobody would complain plus we'd probably have a better season. But some people here don't want to admit it.
White was such a pointless signing. Did nothing to improve us that Saliba wouldn’t have offered.

£50 mill on a quality midfielder like Bruno G (who was open to coming to us) and we’d be laughing right now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We win a high percentage of games with Partey/Xhaka in midfield. One curious thing is even if they don’t even have to have a standout game. It all just seems to go our way.

Both give us a very solid defensive base to work from, even if neither do play particularly well when on the ball as you say...very difficult for opposing teams to get the better of them, you can see why Mikel built the team around them.

We can upgrade the midfield of course, but it's a very workable midfield we have despite how most feel about Xhaka.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Definitely , he can do close to what Dembele used to do for Spur. Iwobi is great for ball retention and carrying .
When is A-M gonna respect me for my spot on football knowledge? Every washed up clown on here is trusted yet all I am is disrespected. I’m A-M’s benzema ffs

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
He was tremendous defensively the other day, won the ball numerous times and was good, if a little safe admittedly with his passing.

Don’t know what match some posters here were watching.

Very few players have the combination of physical and technical qualities he has, and we are basically reliant on him to beat the midfield press. Face it, without him were ****ed. It’s no coincidence we win 70%+ games that he and Xhaka start

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
I do wonder if he’ll be pulled from starting games if fan reception for him gets more vitriolic. It was pretty audible during the sky coverage of the game

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Shocked to open this thread and see some of the negativity around his performance. I thought he was quite good, arguably one of our better performers on the night.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Shocked to open this thread and see some of the negativity around his performance. I thought he was quite good, arguably one of our better performers on the night.

He was good given the off field circumstances surrounding him and creeping into fan behavior plus his own mentality.

Hope it gets resolved soon one way or the other.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Despite his reputation, during first half him and Xhaka stood out as the technically worst players in the team. At least Xhaka was kinda making up for it by providing other positive aspects to the game. Meanwhile Partey's game is very bipolar, really sloppy and loose with the ball half the time while at other times he was really good on the ball and made some nice passess. His performances really aren't good enough to justify the controversy his selections is causing plus his potential future vocation, are they?

Slug457

Despite his reputation, during first half him and Xhaka stood out as the technically worst players in the team. At least Xhaka was kinda making up for it by providing other positive aspects to the game. Meanwhile Partey's game is very bipolar, really sloppy and loose with the ball half the time while at other times he was really good on the ball and made some nice passess. His performances really aren't good enough to justify the controversy his selections is causing plus his potential future vocation, are they?
You can criticize Partey without having to bring Xhaka into it bro, he was elite Saturday. Partey is not and has not been performing at normal levels for a while now, he himself conceded that by rating his time here so low, we all know what it's related too, a psychological stress that would break most people. The club must believe the problem will go away eventually otherwise they wouldn't have persisted with him till this point.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
You can criticize Partey without having to bring Xhaka into it bro, he was elite Saturday. Partey is not and has not been performing at normal levels for a while now, he himself conceded that by rating his time here so low, we all know what it's related too, a psychological stress that would break most people. The club must believe the problem will go away eventually otherwise they wouldn't have persisted with him till this point.
I didn't really criticise Xhaka, just stated a fact that he looked one of the weakest technically. I think even the biggest Xhaka fanboys can admit he is not exactly a technical maestro. In contrast to Partey who almost everyone rates higher, I even gave Xhaka credit for making up for it with the other good aspects he provided.

Back to Partey. It depends on how far back his problems go, but when he rated himself lowly was before when he supposedly carried out the act that's publicly known. So it doesn't really mean much that he rated himself lowly when he has continued to blow hot and cold so often. We aren't even talking between games, he blows hot and cold during the game as well. Tbf to him, he has had fitness problems for most of his time here. But this year he's fit and has had a full preseason and the problems continue.

For someone in as important a position as he is to our game, it really doesn't make much sense to persist pinning all our hopes for a season on him and his continued availability. With Xhaka doing alright in his role and considering his freak fitness, I think it makes more sense to do something about Partey's position so we can be prepared regardless of whatever happens with his form/availability.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
People keep talking about LCM and RW competition, we need CDM competition as El neny is not even close to the level required. El neny should be more of a 3rd option who primarily plays in league cup and Europa league games. Also can use him to see out games. We need another powerful and technical CDM who reads the game well. And with all the baggage with Partey he has also been injury prone since he has been here.

Top Bottom