• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Bloodbather

Established Member

Don't love blondes, I just have to stick up against the racists on this forum.
You're not wrong about that sentiment, tbh, I've noticed it as well. Some of the stuff being said about northwestern Europeans and Spaniards on the forum definitely wouldn't fly if it was directed against some other ethnic groups.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Seeing a lot of overreaction in this thread. Yeah Partey tried some ambitious passes against Leicester which didn't come off. He also was involved in most of our good play and on several occasions was critical to breaking the press and initiating attacks. Partey on an average day is still better than most of the other 6s in the league. When he has a good game, he elevates the whole team (Man City at home last season being the best example)

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Seeing a lot of overreaction in this thread. Yeah Partey tried some ambitious passes against Leicester which didn't come off. He also was involved in most of our good play and on several occasions was critical to breaking the press and initiating attacks. Partey on an average day is still better than most of the other 6s in the league. When he has a good game, he elevates the whole team (Man City at home last season being the best example)
I'd say the best example was by far and away his performance at Old Trafford in his first season, which now seems a very long time ago. That game set very high expectations for what was to come but it feels like he's become increasingly sedated and casual in his play since.

I have little doubt that a big reason for that is the way he's been asked to play for the team in that role, which is all about using the free man, not losing possession and blocking channels but it's taken an edge off his game.

Every now and then he seems to break out of that shell and try something audacious but it feels more like he's overcompensating for being so disciplined, rather than making an intelligent & effective decision.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
He has these little periods in the game where nothing comes up from him, passes are poor, attempts to win the ball are clear fouls, etc.

Other than that, probably got told not to shoot anymore.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

As long as he sticks to his position, stays injury free and completes those 5 yards passes then I’ll have no beef with him.

Decent today, nothing special

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Last 10 minutes was poor and he was tired.

Still without him we just lose so much control and won't dominate in midfield. He important player.
He is important because his position is important and we have nothing on the bench, but I think both he and Xhaka are easily replaceable players on the market, which is a good thing for the club

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He is important because his position is important and we have nothing on the bench, but I think both he and Xhaka are easily replaceable players on the market, which is a good thing for the club
That'll come in time don't think we ready to do that this summer but next 1-2 we should upgrade at the moment we need respectable competition

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I agree, he was great again. The vibes surrounding his person are probably not in his favour. Understandably...

Yep...I feel similarly, I thought he was good today but everything else surrounding the player sort of puts a cloud around him and completely understandably so.

Top Bottom