• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Legend14

Established Member
With Partey’s position, we need to hope for the best and plan for the worst. I think he played better last year even under Mitch’s constant criticism. He was just unlucky to be injured so often.

This year I think he is a step slower physically and cognitively. Still better than anything we have behind him, but we need to find someone equivalent. The season is long.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Arteta spent a good 20 seconds with Thomas after full time. It’s times like these I want a live access all or nothing.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
With Partey’s position, we need to hope for the best and plan for the worst. I think he played better last year even under Mitch’s constant criticism. He was just unlucky to be injured so often.

This year I think he is a step slower physically and cognitively. Still better than anything we have behind him, but we need to find someone equivalent. The season is long.
Its those lethargic dangling of the legs out that do my head in. The half assed attempt at a tackle which gives away dangerous free kicks around the edge of the box. He has always done that at Arsenal.

You are right he is the best we've got but I find it hard to believe we couldn't find someone close to Partey in the market.

Maybe Arteta things we are OK with Mo and maybe Xhaka dropping deeper. But I'm not convinced.

A lot of talk about us needed another wide player.

ESR, Vieira, Martinelli, Jesus, Eddie, Saka between 3 positions isn't the worst.

But Partey and then Mo as back up for DCM. Not sure. Ideally we would do both.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hasn’t lived up to the midfielder I thought we were getting, but as with Xhaka for years, our midfield would be far worse if you took him out for any length of time.

Although I am interested to see how Elneny steps up with two more aggressive ballers winners in Saliba and Gabriel.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Once again, a good performance. He’s playing a very important role in our midfield- I like how agile he is, he can wriggle out of tight spaces and use those strides to get us up the pitch.

I still remember him dominating Citeh’s midfield when we played them at home last season. That’s the kind of performance he’s capable- he just needs to stay fit and get into his rhythm.

mpower2540

Its those lethargic dangling of the legs out that do my head in. The half assed attempt at a tackle which gives away dangerous free kicks around the edge of the box. He has always done that at Arsenal.

You are right he is the best we've got but I find it hard to believe we couldn't find someone close to Partey in the market.

Maybe Arteta things we are OK with Mo and maybe Xhaka dropping deeper. But I'm not convinced.

A lot of talk about us needed another wide player.

ESR, Vieira, Martinelli, Jesus, Eddie, Saka between 3 positions isn't the worst.

But Partey and then Mo as back up for DCM. Not sure. Ideally we would do both.
The one thing that makes me OK with the deep midfield is that effectively Zinchenko and White are playing as CM's in possession. They both can progress the ball from deep well, particularly Zinchenko, while also reducing the space Partey has to cover. This means he doesn't have to be this all-conquering defensive and progressive machine, he can distribute the ball and allow us control (actually think he struggles keeping it simple sometimes). Tactically it looks to me we can just about cope with him being out and Elneny/Lokonga can step in and keep things relatively simple.

I was completely convinced we needed a backup/replacement for him before but looking at the way we look to control games and how players are positioned I think it wouldn't be as humongous a loss as I first feared. If he could rediscover some of the form he showed last season then obviously he's going to take us up even further. Final third magic is where I'm looking for a step up now, I think a real killer in our front line and we're looking very serious.

Gn1212

Let this be a lesson to those who don't get how important he is to our game.

As solid as Elneny is this guy takes the team several levels up. He's quite literally world-class. Absolutely essential to the way we play.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I was pleased to see he wasn’t playing. But whether this bloke is free of off the pitch matters or not, he’s simply not fit regularly enough, the club need to be looking for a replacement regardless of what happens.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
On paper you would think he plays the most important position on the team, but we clearly don't care if we think we can make do with the likes of Elneny

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Can't believe this guy is considered to be a starter here after everything. Need to get rid of him and Elneny asap and bring in a reliable CM.
I'm not too happy with Xhaka either but at least he is here every week

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Three years on and it just doesn't make sense why we are still so reliant on this guy. I'd rather risk a season with Marquinhos as backup for Saka if it meant we'd bring a replacement or at least a proper back-up to this guy.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I was pleased to see he wasn’t playing. But whether this bloke is free of off the pitch matters or not, he’s simply not fit regularly enough, the club need to be looking for a replacement regardless of what happens.
You were pleased to see he wasn’t playing???

WTF???

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Can't believe this guy is considered to be a starter here after everything. Need to get rid of him and Elneny asap and bring in a reliable CM.
I'm not too happy with Xhaka either but at least he is here every week
I have been saying this. It's our midfield that will cost us. Sambi needs to be sent on loan, El-neny should not be playing for Arsenal, I'd rather Azeez take his spot. Partey is injury prone, can be very sloppy and also has off pitch issues. Xhaka is simply not good enough to be the undisputed starter for a serious team. He has some good attributes, but is better as a squad option. We need two CMs, a GK and another goal scoring winger, Pepe would be perfect for that role if his ball retention and touch were better.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People calling out for a wide player signing but this is more important.

Vieira can maybe cover the right when needed. Even Jesus can play out there a couple of games. Probably ESR or Martinelli could do a job if needed short term.

However with DCM its Partey or Elneny. The drop of is quite big so we need someone better. Partey is proving he can't stay fit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom