• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Not just about his quality on the ball, but what he adds off the ball too. By far the best midfielder on the team, a complete mid too.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We won't win games if he doesn't play.

Even just because of the profile of players alone. All 4 of our other midfield options although varying in quality and attributes are all more on the side of a 6 than an 8 even if Lokonga is sort of mixture they're all better in that deeper role. It's pretty ridiculous that we don't have anything anywhere similar to Partey or at least someone who's a definite 8.

But also in terms of quality he just offers so much more, far more crispness and directness with his passing, can carrying the ball further up the pitch, is quicker, stronger and more rounded.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

87yd9r3u2vc31.jpg
I miss him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Even just because of the profile of players alone. All 4 of our other midfield options although varying in quality and attributes are all more on the side of a 6 than an 8 even if Lokonga is sort of mixture they're all better in that deeper role. It's pretty ridiculous that we don't have anything anywhere similar to Partey or at least someone who's a definite 8.

But also in terms of quality he just offers so much more, far more crispness and directness with his passing, can carrying the ball further up the pitch, is quicker, stronger and more rounded.
It’s actually a disgrace how clear he is of our other midfielders when fit.

There are internal solutions though, I think ESR/Ode and even Saka could become players worthy of playing with Partey if we push them back into midfield.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Leave him out of league cup games, no Europe, no FA Cup till the new year. You'd be gutted if Partey isn't starting every league game from here on out.

The position we're in right now as a club we've done well to get him here. Let's not waste it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I miss him.

Honestly feel if we could have convinced Arsène to work with Raul, it would have been a dream pairing...would have been a great balance.

Raul's ability to get deals done, plus Arsène's ability to spot talent...would have been like having David Dein back at the club.

Wenger would have probably kept Raul in check more, while Raul would have taken the pressure away from Wenger...not sure they would have wanted to work together, but if it did happen, Arsenal would be back to being an elite club!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Honestly feel if we could have convinced Arsène to work with Raul, it would have been a dream pairing...would have been a great balance.

Raul's ability to get deals done, plus Arsène's ability to spot talent...would have been like having David Dein back at the club.

Wenger would have probably kept Raul in check more, while Raul would have taken the pressure away from Wenger...not sure they would have wanted to work together, but if it did happen, Arsenal would be back to being an elite club!
This actually makes sense. CleanCutGentleman Arsène x DirtyScumbagRaul would have been a match made in heaven.

Wenger could keep his hands clean and just pass a list of names to Raul while focusing on coaching the team and ignoring the abundance of crimes Raul committed to get his players in.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Saka should play in midfield, he doesn’t have the end product to play in forward roles but is good at moving the ball up the pitch from deep.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Saka should play in midfield, he doesn’t have the end product to play in forward roles but is good at moving the ball up the pitch from deep.
Saka’s gonna become our black Iniesta.

Jokes aside I think that central-winger position that Di Maria made famous is the best role for Saka. He kind of played it yesterday as we basically let Tierney own the left side and Saka comes inside anyway.

Arteta might actually know some football. Just some.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Saka’s gonna become our black Iniesta.

Jokes aside I think that central-winger position that Di Maria made famous is the best role for Saka. He kind of played it yesterday as we basically let Tierney own the left side and Saka comes inside anyway.

Arteta might actually know some football. Just some.
I just see that as a waste of a forward position, you want all your front 3/4 to score and assist. Saka’s is great at receiving the ball turning and moving up the pitch which would suit so well with CBs and GKs trying to pass out from the back and he can break up play. He could be our own Kante rather than Torreira.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Not just about his quality on the ball, but what he adds off the ball too. By far the best midfielder on the team, a complete mid too.
Exactly, that's even his best attribute. He brings so much stability and control but people like @Mitch were saying he's average because he gave some bad passes.

akhil

If the Kroenke's are going to put up the money for 1 signing in January, that has to be for a legit partner for Thomas. We're solid mid table without him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I love this guy. Instant impact to set up our goal. He glides across the pitch and is always looking to go forward. When he was forced back, I smiled at the rarity of it. He's still holding back a bit but he's like an octopus when he's set on winning the ball and his passing skills and vision are quite underrated. I just pray he can stay fit.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

David Dein comparison is a good one actually. I think they would have got on well - Arsène had a bit of a dark side but also had values and didn't want to get his hands dirty. I think the rose tinted narrative on Dein forgets how ruthless (and a little shady) he could be sometimes. Reckon Raul and Arsène would have got on well... except for player valuations maybe!!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Our only player of World Class stature (at the moment). Needed at the carpet, dont risk him in silly cup cames our dusted home matches against Norwich

Top Bottom