• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You mean playing the kind of attractive one touch football that we'd like to see from our CM's?

Yeah could be , don't disagree , but usually we look to him to dictate , break presses and exploit space with his ball carrying . He was subdued to his normal .

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If Partey gets injured again you will all see why he is so important for this team even when he plays bad. He is our least problem.

Actually he is our biggest problem IMO.

As much as I see an attacking shape which can function without him, does he remain a single point of failure (or at the very least a huge drop off) when he is out. We need to remove that danger from our setup, and for me that means directly replacing him.

bastun

Player:Saka

As much as I see an attacking shape which can function without him, does he remain a single point of failure (or at the very least a huge drop off) when he is out. We need to remove that danger from our setup, and for me that means directly replacing him.
I agree. My point was to not **** on the player so much.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You guys saying he played well, if he had played last season like he did against Palace yesterday, do you think we'd have missed him?

bergholt

If we replaced him wouldn't the replacement then be a single point of failure?

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
That’s why I think the ideal would be to find a premium quality left 8 who can cover at 6. Then we could accommodate two players with enough quality to play 6.

Someone like De Jong but obviously de jong’s not gonna happen.

SA Gunner

That’s if he doesn’t feature anymore.

He needs to be replaced with someone more consistent in performance and fitness firstly. Then phased out once options are available to take his place in the squad.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We should have signed Bruno Guimaraes.

Got to agree. I think he’s the player we seriously should have gone all out for + we probably would have secured CL football last season had we signed him:

Might sound wild but if we got Bruno Guimarães and Raphinha, I think we’d have an outside chance of going for the title imo.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Got to agree. I think he’s the player we seriously should have gone all out for + we probably would have secured CL football last season had we signed him:

Might sound wild but if we got Bruno Guimarães and Raphinha, I think we’d have an outside chance of going for the title imo.

Whilst I do agree that we should've signed Guimaraes, didn't we try to? I'm not 100% sure what happened though, from the brief reading I've done apparently we didn't have enough money and Newcastle (fresh with blood monies) could.

SA Gunner

Not at all. That's how I feel about this side, we are a defender, midfielder and forward away from an outsider for the league title.

That's why I want us to push for three more signings. Then we put ourselves in a position in future windows where are just adding to depth options, and allowing the team enough depth and to gel more.

We are very close now IMO. Add time and experience gained to this side and we will be up there again.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I honestly do not believe there are many that can replicate what Partey gives us in what is an extremely difficult role to play. Unless we went and signed Rodri or Fabinho or a player of that ilk which is obviously impossible. Partey gives us so much, while not being a natural defensive midfielder his press resistance and tempo setting is hugely important for us, his passing and physical attributes too. The most important thing tho is that he can take the ball under pressure and turn and then select the right pass, progress things. It's why we had to move Xhaka because he couldn't do it effectively, Elneny does not give the same, Lokonga now looks like he's going to play as an 8. And let's not forget even with his experience it took over a year before Partey was moved into a lone 6 role and could play it effectively. I don't think there are too many players we can go out and sign who could even come close to replicating what Partey gives us at the moment without some drawbacks.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Whilst I do agree that we should've signed Guimaraes, didn't we try to? I'm not 100% sure what happened though, from the brief reading I've done apparently we didn't have enough money and Newcastle (fresh with blood monies) could.

True but I feel we could done forward planning and used the funds we had for this summer back then as the profile of a Bruno Guimarães isn’t really easy to find in this current market. He’s more of an all rounder and seem to be what we need compared to Youri Tielemans who many here are keen on.

I’m sure the club was probably waited to see how the season panned out and where we finished before committing to any signings as at that point we didn’t know if we’d be finishing in the top 4 or Europa League.

mpower2540

I'm kind of at the acceptance stage now with him that he's not going to be the transformational player that i'd hoped/thought he was going to be.

I think he's revealed himself to us tbh, we've given him a role that he's never done before, he has the talent to do it for a period but his inconsistencies as a player and his injury record probably mean he's doomed to fail.

Big season for him but we should be looking at replacing him either way imo because like it or not if he goes down our potential candidates to step in are bang average.

Top Bottom