• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

blrgooner

Established Member
Man if Patino was 23 years old and fully developed physically and tactically, he would fit the role you described perfectly. He is more mobile than Xhaka and always on the move looking to control tempo. Patino's already one of the best passers on the team in terms of technique.
Very true. Even in the Blackpool highlights, we can see how comfortable he is in doing that. He just looks like an incredible talent.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Man if Patino was 23 years old and fully developed physically and tactically, he would fit the role you described perfectly. He is more mobile than Xhaka and always on the move looking to control tempo. Patino's already one of the best passers on the team in terms of technique.
I think Patino starts featuring for us next season. It's one reason why I don't care about a new CM signing that much, we've got one coming up. Think we can make do with Xhaka, Vieira, Lokonga and Zinchenko as our LCM rotation for the time being.

I'd much rather get someone who can cover #6.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Partey was making impressive turns which wooed the crowd but followed it up with poor passes. The ability to turn under pressure is kind of overrated, espescially when it’s such a risky manoeuvre and not every attempt succeeds. Does Rodri turn like that? I’m not so sure. I much prefer players comfortable on the ball who can pass their way out of pressure, but of course, it needs the help of your teammates movement to provide options, it’s not about going solo.
I stopped reading at the bolded part

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He cant consistently turn under pressure, that's why he has been a target for the press if he is played alone in that role, without any passing options.

But that isnt really a problem anymore.

The question you should be asking yourself is why Xhaka doesnt get caught out like that anymore, in fact when was the last time we saw that happen to him. Now, you could answer it by saying that he plays further up the field, but that's not always the case.. because he does drop deep to assist with build up, or goes into the space left by Zinchenko/Tierney for time and space to distribute.

The answer to why Xhaka isnt seen as a danger anymore is because of the compact, well spaced, system which provides players all around the ball now, during almost every phase of possessional play.
You didn't watch the first two games did you. It happened. It just didn't end up in a goal. It happens at least once every game

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You didn't watch the first two games did you. It happened. It just didn't end up in a goal. It happens at least once every game

I remember that moment yes, early on against Leicester.

Fair enough, will continue to look out for those moments yes.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He simply made a bad touch, it happens. Every player often loses the ball, in every game.
That was the only time Xhaka was dispossessed in the game, and his pass accuracy was 89%, which is very good. Most other players on the pitch made more mistakes. So you have to ask, why is it the one time Xhaka made such a mistake it led to such a big chance, but not other player’s mistakes? The fact that it led to a chance doesn’t fall on Xhaka alone but the team.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He simply made a bad touch, it happens. Every player often loses the ball, in every game.
That was the only time Xhaka was dispossessed in the game, and his pass accuracy was 89%, which is very good. Most other players on the pitch made more mistakes. So you have to ask, why is it the one time Xhaka made such a mistake it led to such a big chance, but not other player’s mistakes? The fact that it led to a chance doesn’t fall on Xhaka alone but the team.
But the team's success is down to him right?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Per's amazing performance that day, kinda overshadowed a perfect team performance.

We battered a a brilliant Chelsea team, everyone was pretty much a 10/10.

The streets will never forget that 11/10 Özil performance.

Had many doubters on here rubbing their eyes.

:drool:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

World class hair as well, always a bonus.

Not a fan of that Super Saiyan Xhaka look when he ran the show in the Euros?

E5AIi1DXMAI2_5Y.jpg

Bullied Pogba and Kante off the field.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not a fan of that Super Saiyan Xhaka look when he ran the show in the Euros?

E5AIi1DXMAI2_5Y.jpg

Bullied Pogba and Kante off the field.

EMINEM_STAN.jpg

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Which is never a surprise. Xhaka owns Kante every time. Same way he owned Tielemans and Neves.

I've a mate who wanks himself over Tielemans and ****ing hates Xhaka, sent him a cheeky message saying Xhaka owned Tielemans against Leicester and I got a wall of text back :lol: definitely worth it.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Xhaka and Partey is a world class midfield. Hopefully neither gets injured at any point, Partey overcomes his off pitch problems successfully, and we will go far.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom