• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
In this position, on this run of form, at this moment in time, you'd have to be certifiably insane to rest Partey in the Premiership.

Brad Pitt Reaction GIF

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Nope! we have to take this game by game. We can't think about games in the future, you can get burnt. Brentford are no mugs. Play partey all PL games, plenty of time to rest during EL.
Partey managed 24 league games each last two seasons, one of them we were out of Europe entirely. We have City and two away games after Brentford within ten days.

Even if we benched him for deeper rounds in Europe (which we shouldn't) it'd be an unnecessary risk to rely on him playing all games and from our five games in February the home game vs Brentford is easily first choice.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
In this position, on this run of form, at this moment in time, you'd have to be certifiably insane to rest Partey in the Premiership.
Partey missed three games this season already, since then he's started 13 consecutive matches for us which is the longest continuous spell he's had in the team since he came here. Only insane thing is to rely on him to all of a sudden become as reliable as Xhaka or Saka.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Partey missed three games this season already, since then he's started 13 consecutive matches for us which is the longest continuous spell he's had in the team since he came here. Only insane thing is to rely on him to all of a sudden become as reliable as Xhaka or Saka.
Get what you mean, but strongly disagree. Partey + Xhaka is a golden combo for our system. Don't F with it. Take every point now while you can. Rotating them out for league games is a false economy. As soon as you start to try and be clever you will get bit in other ways, seen this happen numerous times.

Don't take any team for granted in the Prem. Will be surprised if Major Artetta rests/rotates a fit Partey or Xhaka.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Get what you mean, but strongly disagree. Partey + Xhaka is a golden combo for our system. Don't F with it. Take every point now while you can. Rotating them out for league games is a false economy. As soon as you start to try and be clever you will get bit in other ways, seen this happen numerous times.

Don't take any team for granted in the Prem. Will be surprised if Major Artetta rests/rotates a fit Partey or Xhaka.
Yeah we've seen points dropped but we've also seen Partey break down numerous times. We've won league games without Partey, we've never played Partey for several months at a time without him missing weeks afterwards.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Let's the what the Boss does. Happy to go with his call. I don't really know Jorgino that well but Im guessing even a declining Jorgino is improved cover over what we had before.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah we've seen points dropped but we've also seen Partey break down numerous times. We've won league games without Partey, we've never played Partey for several months at a time without him missing weeks afterwards.
The schedule hasn't been very tough yet. You don't risk an EPL game just to rest him out of fear.

Partey can start, and if there is a 2-0 lead for example, you can take him out early for Jorginho. If there is a 1-0 lead, you either don't take him out, depending on the next game, or you sub Jorginho in at 75-80+ minutes.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Partey have a great injury record, except for last year. Could have just been a freak year. Or if we are unlucky it is him getting older and premier league is more physical.

But it might be a premature conclusion to call him injury prone after one season of injuries.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Partey managed 24 league games each last two seasons, one of them we were out of Europe entirely. We have City and two away games after Brentford within ten days.

Even if we benched him for deeper rounds in Europe (which we shouldn't) it'd be an unnecessary risk to rely on him playing all games and from our five games in February the home game vs Brentford is easily first choice.

From what I remember, Partey barely missed a game when he was at Atleti. I do recall Simeone managing his minutes tightly and subbing him regularly at 70 minutes. Now that we have Jorginho, perhaps it would be a matter of starting Partey in the PL and taking him off at around the 70-80 minute mark, especially if we're in control.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The schedule hasn't been very tough yet. You don't risk an EPL game just to rest him out of fear.

Partey can start, and if there is a 2-0 lead for example, you can take him out early for Jorginho. If there is a 1-0 lead, you either don't take him out, depending on the next game, or you sub Jorginho in at 75-80+ minutes.
We've had a bunch of physically demanding games in January vs Sp**s United Newcastle and City, in February we've got five games in 21 days, three away fixtures one vs City and one vs Brentford just four days before that.

We've already entered new territory with him fitnesswise, you absolutely have to rotate at some point. I don't see an easier game than Brentford at home to do it in, a game where on top of it we can expect to dominate possession where Jorginho would come in handy.

Uncle Good-Advice

From what I remember, Partey barely missed a game when he was at Atleti. I do recall Simeone managing his minutes tightly and subbing him regularly at 70 minutes. Now that we have Jorginho, perhaps it would be a matter of starting Partey in the PL and taking him off at around the 70-80 minute mark, especially if we're in control
It's a good point. To me we have few phases in our game - we usually start halves very intensively, then the intensity drops a bit. If the plan is to play Partey, our probably most important player in CM, around 70 minutes per game we may plan accordingly and be more adventurous in first half as we won't be that cautious with Partey's stamina.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
From what I remember, Partey barely missed a game when he was at Atleti. I do recall Simeone managing his minutes tightly and subbing him regularly at 70 minutes. Now that we have Jorginho, perhaps it would be a matter of starting Partey in the PL and taking him off at around the 70-80 minute mark, especially if we're in control.
I don't think Simeone managed his minutes really, he just wasn't injury prone back then as he was never a nailed on starter while he is for us. I don't think taking 10-15 minutes off every game will help that much, from my limited knowledge of managing football fitness it does relatively little to prevent injuries.

It's still Brentford at home ffs, yes there are no joke teams in England etc but we've smashed them 3-0 away I'd expect us to win this game even if Partey was injured.

Latest posts

Top Bottom