<

Thomas Partey: Ghana Sign Da Ting

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by field442, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Malky

Malky Established Member

Absolutely buzzing about this!
    We've signed a player we've been badly needing for years, strengthened our midfield massively, and with a player who walks into all our rivals starting elevens.
    I'm actualy more excited about this than I was about Özil, that just felt like an opportunistic signing, this is where we've identified our weakness and fixed it with real quality.
    Unreal stuff. :bounce:

SA Gunner, James Bond, Symbia and 5 others like this.
  2. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Blame Edu for calling him Luigi..

3. mpower2540

mpower2540 Well-Known Member

Think Atletico’s “outrage” is a bit put on to save face with the fans. They’ve got 45m pounds in uncertain times and Torreira off us fgs.

I’m over the ****ing moon about this signing, wanted him for ages! I’m genuinely intrigued about where this club can go in the future, TIME TO BE EXCITED!!

4. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

5. Trofton

Trofton Well-Known Member

Arsenal brokered a £110m deal for Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey and will be paying him £260,000-a-week wages, £2.5m signing-on fee and ten per cent agent commission, making him the club's third-highest player behind Mesut Özil and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang- Daily Sport

6. Trofton

Trofton Well-Known Member

Not sure what on Earth that’s about

DanDare likes this.
  7. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Well-Known Member

It's fantastic news! I'd be surprised if Sokratis isn't released from his contract. We won't get much of a fee if any, so just let him decide where he wants to go on a free. Maybe we can make Özil wear the Gunnersaurus costume. We may as well get some use out of him. He can chant ya gunners ya from the sideline.

But I love Partey as a player. He's balanced offensively and defensively, he's great at winning the ball, has a good passing range and is physically dominant. What's not to love?

Welcome to the Partey, pal!

Symbia likes this.
  8. Malky

Malky Established Member

****ing hell, their arrogance is incredible. They genuinly don't know how ****ed they are once Messi leaves... Naive fools.

9. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Overjoyed with this. I get to keep cheering on of my favourite players and our midfield has gone up a level overnight.

Would have liked some creativity but don’t sell Thomas short, he’s going to be able to do a lot of things that will make Pepe and Willian better as well as help out Xhaka and Ceballos.

10. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

:lol:
    This was a great read.

“LOL at the people who actually think he would go to Arsenal. Why would he downgrade clubs?! No chance.
    I randomly saw a tweet from a big Arsenal account and the delusion of their fans is real.”

“He would be an idiot to sign for Arsenal, and other clubs would be idiots for not going after him. He would be perfect alongside Frenkie. They could form the best double pivot in the world.”

“Partey at ARSENAL would be a waste”

“Don't know why this guy is so eager to kill his career by joining Arsenal. He probably think we're still in 2003-2004 years.”

“Great game once again. Messi had a hard time getting past him. He seems to always step up against the biggest teams.”

“Probably the most underrated midfielder in the world.”

“His career would be ruined if he went to Arsenal of all clubs. This guy is ready for all the big teams.”

“Hard for me to believe he’d leave Atleti to join a Europa league side....“

:lol:

Symbia, Nenad, mpower2540 and 2 others like this.
  11. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Not at all impressed with what he's shown so far. Playing too timidly to be a creator at the moment. I'd rather choose for the future at the moment.

12. razörist

WE ARE GARGANTUAN :clap:

Oxeki likes this.
  13. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

Timid how?
    He’s got more key passes and assists than anyone else in the team so far.
    I’m calling age bias on you :red:

14. razörist

Yesterday was the most fun I ever had on A-M. :D

15. Jason Jace

Jason Jace Member

Perfect

James Bond likes this.
  16. Pyres7

Pyres7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Haha, I'd like to think I'm not really an agenda merchant. His assists came in the first game. Ever since, I have not seen him do anything remarkable. I don't remember him doing anything of note in the game against Sheffield aside from a minor involvement in the first goal. Don't think that's a very controversial statement.

Let's see if there's more reliable reporting on the wages. With Willian they also added the signing fee to the weekly wage to make it seem big (still thought the agent fee if accurately reported was immense though).

18. HomeSteak

HomeSteak Well-Known Member

This is the only thing that I will listen to today.

Mickey Rooney likes this.
  19. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

Diego Simeone when he finds out everybody but him knew Partey was gonna pay the release clause.

Mickey Rooney and DasBootist like this.
  20. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

I don't hope that's true. Would be crazy to upgrade his salary from £70k to £260k a week.