<

Thomas Partey: Ghana Sign Da Ting

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by field442, Oct 5, 2020.

1. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Thank youuuuuuuu!

2. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

So he’s a DM after all. What a surprise...

3. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

If we wanna continue with the parked bus formation, that will do it, but in any other formation Xhaka gets out of the team and we play Ceballos - Partey with one more advanced midfielder like Willian/Saka.
    Having Xhaka in our starting lineup will result in one of Pepe/Willian starting on the bench, both players with superior talent and quality compared to Xhaka.

I can't find a single argument supported with some logic that would convince me Xhaka is needed in this team from now on

RacingPhoton and tap-in like this.
  4. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Man, Xhaka partey Ceballos on paper looks tasty.

Do any of you expect him to start? Thinking Arteta will bring him on as a sub for the first match.

celestis likes this.
  5. Chaoz_Enigma

Chaoz_Enigma Well-Known Member

I think Wenger once said fabregas and vieira as a CM pairing simply does not work

celestis likes this.
  6. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Think Ceballos is due another crack further up the pitch as well. I find it strange that everybody wrote him off there under Emery.

Nothing worked under Emery ffs.

Symbia, lufere7, El Duderino and 2 others like this.
  7. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Should we start him vs City, what do people think?

@American_Gooner poll needed g

American_Gooner likes this.
  8. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

Confirmed: Partey only signed with Arsenal for the chance to play alongside his hero Granit Xhaka.

Symbia, Trilly, albakos and 1 other person like this.
  9. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

10. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

That surely has a LOT of AM members fuming :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

If this guy us able to maintain all he learned in Spain and be more expressive, then we have a complete midfielder. As @TromsoGooner was saying, Vieira played with v Bronkhorst, Parlour and Grimandi after Petit left without missing a beat. If Partey can do the same, then personnel in midfield will matter less as long as they match the physical output of our opponents.

TromsoGooner likes this.
  12. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Who's 'us' though? Now we have beef with Atletico fans you better pick a side.

Rex Banter likes this.
  13. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

When you sign a player like Partey, who's already been playing regularly so his fitness isn't an issue, you play him straight away. The only way that may change is that he will have been away with Ghana. He's an intelligent experienced player who will be raring to go, especially against a team like City!

Beksl and Maybe like this.
  14. Furious

Plays behind the ball, which seems overkill with Xhaka and Partey when we have poor forwards individually. Although either of them could support the fullbacks defensively like we have seen with Xhaka in the early Arteta stages, and Elneny this weekend.

I mean we have the ideal player in Özil to play ahead of Xhaka/Partey.. just 4 years too late.

15. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Yeah!!!!!!

16. Trilly

I'd say Bruno Fernandes plays behind the ball too, with the odd run ahead. Ceballos makes runs in behind on occasion as well (the goal against sheffield united and the set up for Eddie's tap-in a few weeks back come to mind).

Someone like Bruno is the exact type of player we need, someone who comes to the ball and finds our attackers. Runs in behind would be a bonus but I don't think we need that.

Furious likes this.
  17. Furious

Bruno seems more mobile in the same sense as Özil compared to Dani, not necessarily making runs behind defences and such but taking positions and playing between the lines and linking up with his back to goal, etc. Now it can all vary from roles as well, but I thought similar of Dani even when he played at AM and had that blinder against Burnley last season. More of a Cazorla type who always wants the ball at his feet facing the play forward, which is why I think Wenger ended up playing him wide quickly and eventually CM.

Trilly likes this.
  18. Trilly

Alright yeah I get you, doesn't have that zip about him. Which is annoying because I think he does have the final ball in hin.

Furious likes this.
  19. Trilly

Also of course he has to start but I won't be mad if he doesn't.

He's got that nose for danger, and the blend of technique/power to break the man city press. I could see him dominating them.

Furious likes this.
  20. berric

berric Well-Known Member

Still can't believe we got Thomas Partey!

Symbia, Trilly and Furious like this.